Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Ridiculous how Guerrero walked through most if not all of what Berto landed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    time to call it a day for good Ricky

Hated to see Hatton go out like that, but I had a feeling this comeback wasn't going to be good.

I had a bet on Senchenko +300 (posted on twitter, for doubters). Just didn't like the lifestyle + layoff for Hatton. Also bet the over 8.5 rounds. Missed it by like, a minute and a half.
    Nice bet on Senchenko. I like Guererro, but how bad is Floyd gonna fuck him up?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Ridiculous how Guerrero walked through most if not all of what Berto landed.
    Everyone was pretty much worried about Guerrero fighting at WW, and fighting a TRUE WW at that. How well he would take the punch, etc. Not only did he seem to not be phased by the punches, but he bullied Berto in there. He looked far and away the stronger of the two.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post

Hated to see Hatton go out like that, but I had a feeling this comeback wasn't going to be good.

I had a bet on Senchenko +300 (posted on twitter, for doubters). Just didn't like the lifestyle + layoff for Hatton. Also bet the over 8.5 rounds. Missed it by like, a minute and a half.
    Nice bet on Senchenko. I like Guererro, but how bad is Floyd gonna fuck him up?
    It was really just a situational bet. Prime Hatton would walk Senchenko down and stop him, obviously. But this version of Hatton....what he put himself through for 2 + years, on top of the ring rust, on top of what he put himself through to make weight, make it through camp, etc. It just seemed a bit much.

I honestly think that Guererro will take that same gameplan into a fight with Mayweather. Try to make it an ugly fight, press the body, and just outwork him. Problem is, Mayweather is so good at fighting on the inside, back to the ropes, that he can bust Guererro up, while still making him miss. And we already know the way Mayweather takes a guys workrate, and cuts it in half.

I don't know why Berto went to the shell, and tried to shoulder roll. He's sick fast, but his defense isn't near good enough to try and roll punches.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  children_fullsize.jpg
Views: 2389
Size:  81.5 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    I had thought about a boxing show at one point, but it would pretty much just be Vegas, Hex and I talking back and forth. We can do that here.
    I'd call in to that show as long as it was about the Heavyweight division in the mid 90s or the Middleweight division in the mid 80s.

I really don't have a fucking care or clue about today's fighters. Mayweather has basically ruined the sport with his stupid demands. And who is a decent Heavyweight right now in the USA?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    I had thought about a boxing show at one point, but it would pretty much just be Vegas, Hex and I talking back and forth. We can do that here.
    I'd call in to that show as long as it was about the Heavyweight division in the mid 90s or the Middleweight division in the mid 80s.

I really don't have a fucking care or clue about today's fighters. Mayweather has basically ruined the sport with his stupid demands. And who is a decent Heavyweight right now in the USA?
    I feel your pain, man. I can do some 80's, and a lot of 90's, but I don't go much further. Despite what a lot of people think, I'm not really a "historian". I guarantee you there are probably 4 people on this site alone that know more about the "old" fighters than I do.

There's a lot out there other than Mayweather. They're all just overshadowed by him. And there are no real American HW's right now.

/hijack.

Silver
    Load Metric

I feel your pain, man. I can do some 80's, and a lot of 90's, but I don't go much further. Despite what a lot of people think, I'm not really a "historian". I guarantee you there are probably 4 people on this site alone that know more about the "old" fighters than I do.

There's a lot out there other than Mayweather. They're all just overshadowed by him. And there are no real American HW's right now.

/hijack.
    Outside of three or four fighters in the Middleweights, what is out there?

It is really sad to see the Heavyweight Division collapse after some really great years in the 90s. If I had a few million I'd be scouring inner city gyms, because this country needs a Heavyweight Champion fighting in Las Vegas/pay per view every few months. Druff?

Load Metric

/hijack.
    Outside of three or four fighters in the Middleweights, what is out there?

It is really sad to see the Heavyweight Division collapse after some really great years in the 90s. If I had a few million I'd be scouring inner city gyms, because this country needs a Heavyweight Champion fighting in Las Vegas/pay per view every few months. Druff?
    Donaire, Gamboa, Garcia, Canelo, Broner, Trout, Guerrero, Rigondeaux..off the top of my head. There's a lot of good fighters out there putting on really good fights, man. You just don't hear about it, because of all the negative shit going on.

Load Metric
    Boxing is done. The only fights anyone cares about are Pac man and Money May. MMA killed boxing whether you want to admit or not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Boxing is done. The only fights anyone cares about are Pac man and Money May. MMA killed boxing whether you want to admit or not.
    OK.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=JMM;112018]

LOL, MMA has had big downturn in the last year ish across the board. Most of the big up and coming stars in combat sports are in boxing not MMA, And nobody gives a shit about pacquiao mayweather anymore. Im a fan of both, but thats the truth.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=drufdajewgod;112020]

LOL, MMA has had big downturn in the last year ish across the board. Most of the big up and coming stars in combat sports are in boxing not MMA, And nobody gives a shit about pacquiao mayweather anymore. Im a fan of both, but thats the truth.
    There's no room for common sense when MMA guys are trolling me.

Druff, you can move this to the boxing thread. Didn't mean to throw the thread off track.

Load Metric
    There's no room for common sense when MMA guys are trolling me.

Druff, you can move this to the boxing thread. Didn't mean to throw the thread off track.
    I'm more of an mma fan but I will say that boxing isn't dead. Boxing does definitely have a pr problem though imo. There is way too much corruption both real and perceived in the boxing business.

Load Metric
    Clearly you are a moron incapable of grasping simple logic. If boxing were "done" mayweather and pac would not be capable of commanding bazzillions of dollars per fight now could they?

In the future try spraying water on your forehead before you attempt to unravel the fantastic mysteries of the world, like putting a high boxing purse together with the logical correlation to boxing viewership still being pretty high, it might help.

If the water evaporates really fast, just spray more. I know that sounds like 'work' but think of the tangible benefits your life will gain when you eventually graduate from toddlerism into actual adolescent decency.

Who knows, you might reach puberty before you die, but I hate to get a child's hopes up for nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

Clearly you are a moron incapable of grasping simple logic. If boxing were "done" mayweather and pac would not be capable of commanding bazzillions of dollars per fight now could they?

In the future try spraying water on your forehead before you attempt to unravel the fantastic mysteries of the world, like putting a high boxing purse together with the logical correlation to boxing viewership still being pretty high, it might help.

If the water evaporates really fast, just spray more. I know that sounds like 'work' but think of the tangible benefits your life will gain when you eventually graduate from toddlerism into actual adolescent decency.

Who knows, you might reach puberty before you die, but I hate to get a child's hopes up for nothing...
    raise your hand if you will be paying for any fight other than may va pac fight?

didnt think so

Boxing was already on the decline before the pac vs bradley fight but that decision was such a joke it only made the nose dive of the sport pick up pace. I won that bet for like 8k cause i picked Bradley for like 1700. Even I turned off the TV in the 10th round 100 percent confident it was over.

Boxing might not be done but there is no doubt its stock is plummeting with no real stars to replace Pac or May. I am not even sure new stars would help at this point.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

raise your hand if you will be paying for any fight other than may va pac fight?

didnt think so

Boxing was already on the decline before the pac vs bradley fight but that decision was such a joke it only made the nose dive of the sport pick up pace. I won that bet for like 8k cause i picked Bradley for like 1700. Even I turned off the TV in the 10th round 100 percent confident it was over.

Boxing might not be done but there is no doubt its stock is plummeting with no real stars to replace Pac or May. I am not even sure new stars would help at this point.
    Javier Molina, you heard it here first

Load Metric

I can grasp the logic that you suck at life. You are the most pathetic person that ever existed so dont even waste your time commenting on my comments because you are a complete failure. Why wait any longer just kill yourself and get it over. You cant even grasp the most basic things about life, and you try to post like your a scholar, but your not your a failure, and I can speak for most people on this site that your mother should have swallowed you. I bet she thinks that all the time. It would have saved her a lifetime of misery.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

didnt think so

vs who? If theres no one also really good to fight no one will care.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

vs who? If theres no one also really good to fight no one will care.
    Oscar Molina obv.....

Thread Information