Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Banned
    Load Metric
    nigga jumped on that sex tape game about 10 years late

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Really nobody even knows who he is outside of the boxing world, and these skanks aren't even hot from what I can tell. No idea what he is trying to get out of this, nobody is going to pay for that shit.

Money May would never be caught dead with these whores, let alone make a tape of him fucking them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not sure what is worse the video itself or whoever wrote that article. #WORLDSTARNIGGAS

Broner has five kids an if he goes on at that pace he will have another five by the time he is 30. He blows money left and right so I can see this clown whose going broke if he continues living this lifestyle. All about Billions???? REALLY??? The kid's net worth is only a fraction of what Floyd Mayweather gets per fight and I'm no sure Broner will ever get to the level of making even $10 million a fight due to the fact he's not a huge draw, may never be a huge draw, and wtf knows what pay will be like in boxing in the years to come.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'm not sure what is worse the video itself or whoever wrote that article. #WORLDSTARNIGGAS

Broner has five kids an if he goes on at that pace he will have another five by the time he is 30. He blows money left and right so I can see this clown whose going broke if he continues living this lifestyle. All about Billions???? REALLY??? The kid's net worth is only a fraction of what Floyd Mayweather gets per fight and I'm no sure Broner will ever get to the level of making even $10 million a fight due to the fact he's not a huge draw, may never be a huge draw, and wtf knows what pay will be like in boxing in the years to come.
    I doubt his net worth is even 5% of what Floyds' is, probably a lot less.

After watching this last fight I predict his career is about to go south, and he will never be a PPV draw. He simply is not busy enough in the ring to be exciting, and will most likely be exposed by brawlers like Maidana. The way I see it, the only chance he has at a big payday would be against Pac, who would destroy him IMO, but after losing to Maidana there is zero chance that fight happens anytime soon, if ever. He has to redeem himself now against someone like Brook, Guerrero, Porter or Thurman, and maybe even two of those guys to get into something with a big payday.

He is either going to have to completely up his game or he is gone within 3 years IMO, and to be honest, I am going to enjoy watching him go down.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Can he just go down to his natural weight class (135?) and dominate there? Are there fighters that can compete with him? I know he won't become the next PPV draw fighting at 135, but he could string along some wins and pay his child support.

The sad thing is he actually showed a lot of heart as a fighter at the end. He really went all out in the 11th and 12th rounds after taking all that damage and went for the KO, which is really all you can ask for from a fighter in that spot. Normally in that spot guys just go into survival mode (ie everyone Mayweather has fought recently in the last few years).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Really nobody even knows who he is outside of the boxing world, and these skanks aren't even hot from what I can tell. No idea what he is trying to get out of this, nobody is going to pay for that shit.

Money May would never be caught dead with these whores, let alone make a tape of him fucking them.
    You know, people can say what they want about Mayweather's attitude, etc. But I would bet that even he is having a bit of a laugh at Broner's expense. And I wouldn't be surprised if he's a little embarrassed by the comparisons. There's the threesome with the skank bitches, the licking the stripper's dirty fucking snatch on stage at a strip club. The way he conducts himself in the ring. Mayweather would never "hump" a fucking fighter like that. In the ring, Mayweather, as Teddy Atlas would say "acts like a fighter". He doesn't cry to the ref when a dude fights dirty. He just fights dirty right back. Floyd might have bragged about bagging Paulie's girl BEFORE the fight, but he would show the man respect after the fight. And if/when he takes an L, he'll hang around to do the post fight interview. Just 2 entirely different guys all together. Inside the ring, and outside.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Can he just go down to his natural weight class (135?) and dominate there? Are there fighters that can compete with him? I know he won't become the next PPV draw fighting at 135, but he could string along some wins and pay his child support.

The sad thing is he actually showed a lot of heart as a fighter at the end. He really went all out in the 11th and 12th rounds after taking all that damage and went for the KO, which is really all you can ask for from a fighter in that spot. Normally in that spot guys just go into survival mode (ie everyone Mayweather has fought recently in the last few years).
    The thing is, his "natural" weight class isn't really 135. He's a really big dude. He looked sensational beating up on 130, and 135 lber's, because he's a lot bigger than they are. I doubt he could even make 135 anymore. Damn sure isn't make 130. He came in at 144.5 and was SHREDDED. I would say he's probably a 140 lb guy right now, but he'll end up a 154 lb fighter, as long as he continues his career and doesn't go Hamed on us.

This is two weeks in a row I've been pissed off at myself for not noticing the glaring fucking obvious upset picks. Last week with Porter, and this week with Maidana. Hindsight is a bitch. Thinking back now about how Paulie was able to touch Broner, and the way Gavin Rees' little ass was able to hit him, it should have been completely obvious to me that Maidana would have a lot of success.

Load Metric

Comments

vegas1369: Saw this on HBO, outstanding stuff.

Load Metric
    JMM is this true? Can it finally be or is it just a blatant troll for Youtube views?

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/53251...m#.UsY0I9Ifhb1

Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao have already booked a date to settle the score once and for all. According to a source close to situation, the megabuck showdown between Money May and the Pacman will finally take place in September 2014 after several failed attempts to arrange the biggest match in boxing history.

Floyd Mayweather is scheduled to fight Manny Pacquiao in Sept.

According to Latino Post, Youtube Boxing channel 78Sports TV reported that the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao showdown is already a done deal. The source, who disclosed insider's information about Mayweather's upcoming fights with Robert Guerrero and Saul Canelo Alvarez before these bouts were actually announced, indicated that Money May has already agreed to terms with Pacquiao.

"Great news in the world of boxing. He [the source] is telling me that Floyd and Manny Pacquiao will be fighting in 2014 guaranteed and it's already done," the 78Sports anchor said in his 16-minute commentary on Youtube. "Everything else that you will see will be just theatrics from here on out. But the fight is already done"

Comments

vegas1369: Disregard your edit... If The Latino Post and Youtube Boxing Channel 78Sports are reporting this, it must be true.
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 01-02-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: confirmed hoax FUCK FUCK FUCK

Load Metric
    Name:  Boxing Thread   Page 20.png
Views: 318
Size:  4.8 KB

It was a straight up bad beat because Faraz Jaka tweeted it and I bit. I'm a Twitter homer apparently.

Load Metric
    Never happening, imo. At least, not while Pacquiao is with Arum.

Looks like it might be Mayweather/Maidana.

Load Metric
    It's gonna be Mayweather v. Khan in May and probly v. either Maidana or Garcia in September. If he ever fights Pacquiao, which is highly unlikely, it will not be in 2014.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    It's gonna be Mayweather v. Khan in May and probly v. either Maidana or Garcia in September. If he ever fights Pacquiao, which is highly unlikely, it will not be in 2014.
    Sounds about right. I just hate that Khan fight. I mean, it might be competitive for a minute, but he's done nothing to deserve that fight. Put it on free Showtime (yeah right). It's not PPV worthy.

Pacquiao is suggesting May of 2015. His contract with TR ends at the end of 2014. If Pacquiao runs off wins against Bradley and Provodnikov, this fight will be as big as it ever was.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Floyd Mayweather to fight Marcos Maidana on May 3rd.

Money will show Broner how to get the job done.

Comments

vegas1369: Sweet!

Load Metric
    Floyd Mayweather to fight Marcos Maidana on May 3rd.

Money will show Broner how to get the job done.
    Pretty much the best option that was available. Maidana won't be very competitive, but at least he is deserving, and we know Maidana will try to bring it. Khan probably would have been more competitive with his reach and hand speed, but he's not deserving of the fight at all.

I know Maidana has taken some steps to improve as a fighter, but unless he lands something huge, this is another coast to victory 12 round decision for Mayweather. Might get some decent odds on Mayweather by decision, too.

There is a rumor of Broner/Mattysse on the undercard. Please let that shit happen.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Since Deontay Wilder has been discussed a lot in here lately he is fighting Malik Scott next month. At least Scott is tougher then the rest of the bums Wilder has beat.

Load Metric
    Since Deontay Wilder has been discussed a lot in here lately he is fighting Malik Scott next month. At least Scott is tougher then the rest of the bums Wilder has beat.
    Scott could fuck around and beat Wilder, but I doubt it. At some point Wilder will land and it'll be over.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't go back too far, but last year was probably the best year of boxing I can remember, especially all the quality non PPV cards Showtime put out. In other news, last night saw a commercial for Canelo vs some guy I never heard of doing a PPV fight. Coming right after that lackluster performance against Mayweather, can Canelo carry a PPV card? I am not sure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I don't go back too far, but last year was probably the best year of boxing I can remember, especially all the quality non PPV cards Showtime put out. In other news, last night saw a commercial for Canelo vs some guy I never heard of doing a PPV fight. Coming right after that lackluster performance against Mayweather, can Canelo carry a PPV card? I am not sure.
    He's got a big fan base. And this will be a really good fight. Angulo will test Canelo's chin a bit. But I think he's too hittable to beat Canelo. Angulo fought Lara tough, and went to war in a fight with James Kirkland where he was ultimately knocked out. Not ppv worthy IMO, but I haven't seen the undercard yet

Thread Information