Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Talks of Garcia/Matty on Floyd/Canelo undercard. That would be great.
    Confirmed.

This is gonna be a good card. So far, it looks like Mayweather/Canelo, Matthysse/Garcia, Molina/Ishe Smith. And there's whispers of Austin Trout/Erislandy Lara.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Wilder has ridiculous power in that right hand. And he can tag you with it from the front row. And that's pretty much where his arsenal ends.

He also lazily drops his left when he throws the right, but no one has been long enough to make him pay, or slick enough to get inside and make him pay.

He'd be lost in there against someone like Haye, who has good movement.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Dude looks super athletic and explosive. At his size it is very surprising he isn't playing power forward in the NBA making 10x as much.

Load Metric
    Nice card on HBO tonight. Very hard to call winners of Cleverly-Kovalev and Geale-Barker, but I'm taking Cleverly and Geale, both by decision.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    Nice card on HBO tonight. Very hard to call winners of Cleverly-Kovalev and Geale-Barker, but I'm taking Cleverly and Geale, both by decision.
    Happy to hear that. I have a bet on both of those, lol. Cleverly straight, and Geale decision.
    Last edited by JMM; 08-17-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Load Metric
    Tavoris Cloud/Adonis Stevenson

Hex, Vegas, anyone else that knows these guys...thoughts?

Cloud is +245 right now. I played it small at +240 and hit the over 7.5 at +105.

Think the lines inflated due to a few things. Cloud's loss to Hopkins (B-Hop would beat Stevenson, too, imo). The location of the fight (Quebec). And Stevenson's KO over Dawson.

Cloud is durable, been in with better competition, and I believe he has better overall skills. I think he has a real shot in this one.

I think there's a ton of value here with Cloud.

Also, I'll save a few of you the trouble...

"JMM ur sooo dummy. Boxing iz died. Ur dummy. Floyd Maiwether is meany". And so on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fucking disgraceful result on HBO tonight. Boxing so rigged Vera won the fight yet even if it was closer then I thought no fucking way Chavez Jr. won by the landslide the judges called tonight.

This is why boxing continues to have conspiracies from retards who call the fights likely making money having friends bet on them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Fucking disgraceful result on HBO tonight. Boxing so rigged Vera won the fight yet even if it was closer then I thought no fucking way Chavez Jr. won by the landslide the judges called tonight.

This is why boxing continues to have conspiracies from retards who call the fights likely making money having friends bet on them.
    I had Vera by 2 rounds. 98-92 for Chavez is disgraceful. Pretty much everyone saw it coming, though. Just looking at the build up to this fight, let you know that Chavez wasn't losing on the cards.

I was totally wrong on Stevenson/Cloud. Stevenson impressed the shit outta me. Showed skills I didn't know he had. Cloud looked like he was stuck in the mud. I don't blame his corner for stopping it, but damn, could I get another half round to hit the over? Ah well, fuck it.

For what it's worth, the ages of two of the judges tonight? 79, and 80 years old.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    When will Wilder be the underdog in a big fight? I will sign up for that bet now.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

I had Vera by 2 rounds. 98-92 for Chavez is disgraceful. Pretty much everyone saw it coming, though. Just looking at the build up to this fight, let you know that Chavez wasn't losing on the cards.

I was totally wrong on Stevenson/Cloud. Stevenson impressed the shit outta me. Showed skills I didn't know he had. Cloud looked like he was stuck in the mud. I don't blame his corner for stopping it, but damn, could I get another half round to hit the over? Ah well, fuck it.

For what it's worth, the ages of two of the judges tonight? 79, and 80 years old.
    JMM I respect you, and if I want to know the straight dope on a fight I don't arse about with ESPN, HBO, or BFD for that matter, I check to see if you've posted and then act accordingly.

But the entire concept of judges in boxing is preposterous. Even with assuming that judges can't be bought (LOL), the fact remains that boxing, like baseball, is using 19th century technology in 2013 for the adjudication of their respective sports. CompuBox isn't perfect by any means, but it's a helluva lot more accurate than 80 year olds.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

JMM I respect you, and if I want to know the straight dope on a fight I don't arse about with ESPN, HBO, or BFD for that matter, I check to see if you've posted and then act accordingly.

But the entire concept of judges in boxing is preposterous. Even with assuming that judges can't be bought (LOL), the fact remains that boxing, like baseball, is using 19th century technology in 2013 for the adjudication of their respective sports. CompuBox isn't perfect by any means, but it's a helluva lot more accurate than 80 year olds.
    You'll get no argument from me there. Something needs to be done, I just don't know what. Compubox is still just a human pushing a button. Compubox might have made more of a case for a Chavez win than anything. He threw a lot less but landed at a much higher %. And landed nearly all the meaningful shots.

When I heard 98-92, and 97-93 I thought "they might actually give this to Vera". Because I didn't see any way you could have Chavez up by that margin.

Load Metric
    Didn't see this coming. Maybe he needs the money.

Lewis in talks to fight Klitschko for $100M

http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/lennox-...sus-klitschko/
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lewis will never get that kind of money he has been retired for too long and nobody gives a shit to see him anymore certainly not enough for him to earn the highest payday ever in boxing. He was a great fighter but not really that exciting to watch so lets assume he is like 90% of his old self which I doubt then we got to watch a long defensive battle? I'm sorry but I do not want and would never ever pay to see that shit.

Load Metric
    There's not a chance in hell they would have even given him the $50 million, let alone $100 million. Lewis' ego is still big enough to make him believe he deserves 100, though.

Load Metric
    Marquez/Bradley this weekend. Pretty meh card for a PPV. I'll order it, but I order everything.

Salido/Cruz should be decent. Lean to the under 7.5 rounds +150, but I was hoping for an over/under of 9.5. Gonna wait around and see what a Salido inside the distance prop is priced at.

Vasyl Lomachenko making his pro debut. Guy had an amateur record of like 396-1. They're throwing him right out there against Jose Ramirez, who's no slouch. Vasyl is a -2000 favorite. That's too wide, but Ramirez has gotta knock him out cold to get a win. At +1100, it might be worth a small stab.

Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez (not where my username came from) for the WBO WW title. I've got a decent bet on Bradley at +120. Decent for me, anyway. 3 "unit" wager. Which is actually just to win 3u. My style of betting is pretty basic. If I'm on a -120 favorite for 1u, I'm betting $100 to win $83.33. If I'm on a +120 dog for 1, I'm risking $83.33 to win $100. Risking 1 on a favorite, or betting to win 1 on a dog. Weird, I know, but it's what I do.

Anyway, he who controls the pace of the fight, comes out victorious, imo. I like Bradley's aggressive, awkward, bulldozing style to disrupt the rhythm of Marquez. Marquez is typically a slow starter. He'll need to up his work rate or Bradley will bank some early rounds and he'll find himself fighting from behind for most of the fight. This is all assuming that Bradley didn't leave too much of himself in the ring with Provodnikov. Even so, Marquez isn't the kind of fighter that Provodnikov is. He doesn't come in straight lines, eating a hailstorm of punches to get in and do damage. Marquez is much more calculated than that. Lost in the war with Provodnikov, is the fact that Bradley is actually a good boxer, with good movement, good speed, and good accuracy. But he also gets wild, and leaves himself open. And that can mean trouble against Marquez. Gonna need to circle away from the right hand of Marquez, use his speed and work rate, and win a decision. Say, 115-113.

Also sprinkled a little on the draw +2300, because you never know.

I don't like betting against Marquez, who is obviously a great fighter, but I've always thought that Bradley was a bad style match up for him. No reason to shy away from that now.

Load Metric
    Orlando Salido Inside the Distance -175.

Non televised undercard on toprank.tv now.

Load Metric
    That went well. Not overly exciting, but hit both.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Had to miss it for the Tigers Bosox game, is it worth downloading?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Had to miss it for the Tigers Bosox game, is it worth downloading?
    Honestly, not really. Bradley won it. Close but clear.

Thread Information