Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Mayweather/Guerrero May 4th on Showtime. Mayweather signed a 6 fight, 30 month deal. Though, it states he will fight UP TO 6 times. No way he fights 6 more times.
    :yawn
    Will. Not. Watch.
    Why? It can't be because you don't think the fight will be exciting. Because it almost certainly will be. Guerrero is going to come to fight.

As for the competitiveness, it's probably not going to be worth $60. Though, there are a few things that are intriguing about it. Mainly, Mayweather won't have Roger training him for this fight. He is back with his dad. No telling how that's going to affect his camp.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

:yawn
    Will. Not. Watch.
    Why? It can't be because you don't think the fight will be exciting. Because it almost certainly will be. Guerrero is going to come to fight.

As for the competitiveness, it's probably not going to be worth $60. Though, there are a few things that are intriguing about it. Mainly, Mayweather won't have Roger training him for this fight. He is back with his dad. No telling how that's going to affect his camp.
    I won't pay to see this fight, however I will pay to see the Canelo/Trout fight. I'm guessing Trout is the dog, but it can't be by much. I think in order to win this fight though he has to knock Canelo out, he will not win a decision in LV. I doubt Canelo has the power to knock out Trout, at least not until the 9th round on when conditioning becomes much more of a factor. Rooting for Trout in this one, I really like his style, but not sure if he has the power to take out Canelo either. If I was to bet on this it would probably be Canelo by decision.

Mayweather is smart to have this on the undercard. Without it I think it might have been a really bad PPV showing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

I won't pay to see this fight, however I will pay to see the Canelo/Trout fight. I'm guessing Trout is the dog, but it can't be by much. I think in order to win this fight though he has to knock Canelo out, he will not win a decision in LV. I doubt Canelo has the power to knock out Trout, at least not until the 9th round on when conditioning becomes much more of a factor. Rooting for Trout in this one, I really like his style, but not sure if he has the power to take out Canelo either. If I was to bet on this it would probably be Canelo by decision.

Mayweather is smart to have this on the undercard. Without it I think it might have been a really bad PPV showing.
    I don't blame anyone for not wanting to pay for the Mayweather/Guerrero fight. Guerrero isn't well known. I think he might be more competitive than expected. For sure not enough to win, though. I pay for pretty much every fight. I even ordered Mora/Mosley, lol.

I agree with everything you've said about Canelo/Trout. I think this is an awful, awful style match up for Canelo, but Trout is going to have to be absolutely dominant to win a decision, and I don't think he's busy enough to do it. I definitely don't think he packs the power to KO Canelo, either. I agree that the bet here is Canelo by decision. But I might play Canelo in rounds 7-12 with it. If there's one thing Canelo can do, it's throw some thunderous body shots. A late stoppage probably isn't out of the question.

I was reading that they're trying to get Broner on the undercard, too (think he has a contract with HBO...maybe he's buying out?). Seems strange to have him jump right back into camp. Guerrero has a really good back story. Whatever "24/7" type of show, Showtime decides to do, if they do it right, Guerrero is going make a shit load of fans in the build up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Thanks for the link. Thank God I didn't pay for that snoozefest.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Definitely a snooze fest. I doubt Mayweather actually does another 5 fights in this deal he has but hopefully in a year or so he will get to fight Adrien Broner who will dispose of the Malignaggi next month.

The guy talks a lot of shit but he can back it up.

From earlier today:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Definitely a snooze fest. I doubt Mayweather actually does another 5 fights in this deal he has but hopefully in a year or so he will get to fight Adrien Broner who will dispose of the Malignaggi next month.

The guy talks a lot of shit but he can back it up.

From earlier today:

Mayweather prob be fighting 10 years from now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Mayweather prob be fighting 10 years from now
    He very well could be but the deal was 6 fights in 30 months with Showtime/CBS so he might get 4 to 5 of them done max within the current deal not that this matters if he fights longer.

Load Metric
    Remember when there used to be boxing matches where people had heard of both fighters?

Load Metric
    agreed^^ boxing sucks sadly. 70's and 80's boxing was amazing.don't get me wrong i still watch it, it just sucks now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    agreed^^ boxing sucks sadly. 70's and 80's boxing was amazing.don't get me wrong i still watch it, it just sucks now.
    I agree. Their is too much disparity. You have one or two guys in several of the divisions who are top tier elite fighters and then their is everyone else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Remember when there used to be boxing matches where people had heard of both fighters?

Agree with this here. After Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfeild, George Foreman and Lennox Lewis, boxing is just very little name recognition, and awful anymore. So tired of this guys antics, and would be a safe bet that he goes broke relatively fast after his career is over. Mike Tyson like.

The golden years of boxing are long gone. It is all about MMA now. Soon, people won't even see the value in these fights, especially when another UFC event is scheduled in close proximity for the same amount of money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

Agree with this here. After Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfeild, George Foreman and Lennox Lewis, boxing is just very little name recognition, and awful anymore. So tired of this guys antics, and would be a safe bet that he goes broke relatively fast after his career is over. Mike Tyson like.

The golden years of boxing are long gone. It is all about MMA now. Soon, people won't even see the value in these fights, especially when another UFC event is scheduled in close proximity for the same amount of money.
    Let's have some fun and pretend Shane Mosley is thirty-nine years old and coming off a loss, followed by a draw to Sergio Mora. Let's pretend the next time he enters the ring he attracts more PPVs than any mixed martial arts fight in the history of the universe.

Let's pretend Floyd Mayweather was guaranteed thirty-two million dollars for his latest fight, and that in one single day he earned thirty-seven times as much money as any mixed martial arts fighter has ever accumulated in a calendar year off fights.

Let's pretend it isn't cool to prance around like a faggot, ignoring reality, claiming "It is all about MMA now." Let's pretend, garrett.
    Last edited by Henry; 05-06-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Highbrow View Post

Let's have some fun and pretend Shane Mosley is thirty-nine years old and coming off a loss, followed by a draw to Sergio Mora. Let's pretend the next time he enters the ring he attracts more PPVs than any mixed martial arts fight in the history of the universe.

Let's pretend Floyd Mayweather was guaranteed thirty-two million dollars for his latest fight, and that in one single day he earned thirty-seven times as much money as any mixed martial arts fighter has ever accumulated in a calendar year off fights.

Let's pretend it isn't cool to prance around like a faggot, ignoring reality, claiming "It is all about MMA now." Let's pretend, garrett.
    I don't care what is cool and not cool, someone as bright as you I would think would have gotten that by now. I prefer to call it like I see it. You mentioned a bunch of washed up mediocre at best fighters, and a reality show winner in Sergio Mora. Lends to my point more.

Also, I never mentioned money at all, simply pointed out with name recognition and interest the money follows. Without it people stop paying. After Floyd Mayweather, who is left? Other than the old wash up types like you mentioned above, along with a laundry list of others.

So let's stop pretending now, and call it like it is. Professional Boxing is a dying breed, and MMA will be its the final blow. At least as far as U.S interest goes years down the road.

Load Metric

I don't care what is cool and not cool, someone as bright as you I would think would have gotten that by now. I prefer to call it like I see it. You mentioned a bunch of washed up mediocre at best fighters, and a reality show winner in Sergio Mora. Lends to my point more.

Also, I never mentioned money at all, simply pointed out with name recognition and interest the money follows. Without it people stop paying. After Floyd Mayweather, who is left? Other than the old wash up types like you mentioned above, along with a laundry list of others.

So let's stop pretending now, and call it like it is. Professional Boxing is a dying breed, and MMA will be its the final blow. At least as far as U.S interest goes years down the road.
    How did a mongoloid like you ever figure out how to create an account here. Go back to your special olympics board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

How did a mongoloid like you ever figure out how to create an account here. Go back to your special olympics board.
    I have to say, you are one of the biggest idiots of a poster ridden with agenda I have seen on this board. And if you don't like my opinion, just say that. You attacking me personally is a very bad idea Deal. You live in the retarded world of forums, and probably, the now much defunct and old world of online poker. I "Deal" in reality. You better watch your shit. You may see me one day in the not so distant future. So I caution you from trying to act like too big a hero on this message board deal. You came off at me in the thread I created from the start and I have not forgotten that. So with every retarded message you continue to add your meaningless opinion too, I just get another chuckle.

You are a piece of garbage, everything you post seems to have some underlying agenda tied to it. So save it, and all your non-sense you post. Surely you know that. So you saying this to me. Makes me LOL!

You say,

"Go back to your special olympics board."

So I say, just know this, you can't handle me. So stop trying to be a hero on a message board you fool.

Load Metric

That's some solid cherry picking. I like the part where you imply that anyone gave a shit about Shane Mosley.

Nobody is denying that Pacquiao and Mayweather were great fighters who sold a lot of pay per views. But the fact that they never fought each other is a disgrace.

Boxing's problem is that nobody else has shown any ability to sell pay per views. By the end of next year, both guys will be retired and nobody is on the horizon to replace them.

Load Metric

I have to say, you are one of the biggest idiots of a poster ridden with agenda I have seen on this board. And if you don't like my opinion, just say that. You attacking me personally is a very bad idea Deal. You live in the retarded world of forums, and probably, the now much defunct and old world of online poker. I "Deal" in reality. You better watch your shit. You may see me one day in the not so distant future. So I caution you from trying to act like too big a hero on this message board deal. You came off at me in the thread I created from the start and I have not forgotten that. So with every retarded message you continue to add your meaningless opinion too, I just get another chuckle.

You are a piece of garbage, everything you post seems to have some underlying agenda tied to it. So save it, and all your non-sense you post. Surely you know that. So you saying this to me. Makes me LOL!

You say,

So I say, just know this, you can't handle me. So stop trying to be a hero on a message board you fool.
    Good grief Chuckles. Please take a pill. Better yet take a jar of pills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric

You say,

Good grief Chuckles. Please take a pill. Better yet take a jar of pills.
    Stay classy

Thread Information