Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    12 days until the fight. Zero tickets for sale. I don't know what to make of it. Definitely isn't good, though.

Isn't MGM resorts going to hoard almost all of the tickets and give them out only to high rollers?
    Considering they expect to make over $70M from the gate alone, no, they will not be giving most of the tickets away for free.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Isn't MGM resorts going to hoard almost all of the tickets and give them out only to high rollers?
    Considering they expect to make over $70M from the gate alone, no, they will not be giving most of the tickets away for free.
    This.

They were only going to release ~1000 to the public. Likely Floyd and Manny were fighting over that too.

Tickets will all be sold to resellers. Which sucks and will only increase the ticket prices.

Does anyone think you will even get in the door for $1000? $2000? More?

Load Metric
    Supposedly there will be less than 1000 tickets directly available to the public for the $1500-$7500 price range. The rest will be resold for the outrageous prices by ticketmaster, etc.

MGM said that in order to get a "comp" ticket, you need to have a $250,000 credit line. And not just have it open, it has to be in play. They're saying that absolutely no one will get a free ticket. Bob Arum said he even has to buy his ticket.

Mayweather Promotions has no fucking business being the lead promoter for this fight.

Load Metric
    There was no mention of tickets for the fight which are still not up for sale with the mega fight just two weeks away. The contracts with the MGM also remain unsigned and there is no word on the closed circuit television.
    http://news.yahoo.com/manny-pacquiao...0427--box.html

Load Metric
    500 tickets made available to the public - total joke. NO tickets will be given away to anyone. 100% will be paid for. The cheapest seats ($1500) are going for as much as $16K on StubHub, and ringside seats run around $150K. This is a big fight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    500 tickets made available to the public - total joke. NO tickets will be given away to anyone. 100% will be paid for. The cheapest seats ($1500) are going for as much as $16K on StubHub, and ringside seats run around $150K. This is a big fight.
    They're also gonna have 50K seats available at all the MGM properties for closed circuit viewing. $150 a pop + fees and taxes. If they sell out those, that's a $7,500,000 gate right there, which would be nuts.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    so the real question is manny a live enough dog at +170/180?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    any serious buyers on the site? I have 2 tix looking to sell will be in vegas on Wednesday to pick theme up at will call.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    so the real question is manny a live enough dog at +170/180?
    Uh, yeah. Pacquiao is a good value bet @ +140 and above; so many people are refusing to consider Manny's intangibles. Excellent prizefighters consistently perform above expectations when they are labeled as an underdog. I would never underestimate the heart of a champion, and in these SPECIAL circumstances, I refuse to believe Pacquiao represents bad value @ +170/180.

I just can't wait to see this goddamn fight...... Pacquiao will surprise many so called "experts".

Load Metric
    Manny has a good shot. Hard to accept the +170 when he was +270 when it opened.

This is a closer fight now than it was a few years ago. Mayweather's reflexes have really started to slow. I think Pacquiaos chances hinge on being able to shoot in, and shoot back out without being countered. Mayweather wins the fight on the outside, and Mayweather wins the fight on the inside. Manny's range in somewhere in between. He's a mid-range fighter with incredible speed and angles. Floyd won't be using the shoulder roll much. I also don't expect to see too many jabs to the body like he usually does. Manny can counter that punch with a right hook. I think the Manny can score a flash knockdown with that right hook if he sneaks it in just right.

The contrast in style makes this so interesting. Whoever imposes their style on the other, wins. Simple as that. I think Mayweather needs to come out a bit more aggressive and not let Pacquiao bank early rounds and have to play catch up. And absolutely NO resting on the ropes.

Pacquiao will take fire to give it, so staying out of harms way will be tough. He can't let Pacquiao keep shooting in and out, turning him. Touch him with superior reach from the outside, and tie him up on the inside and sneak in uppercuts and body shots. I think people will be surprised at how much stronger Mayweather is than Pacquiao.

I got tickets to the weigh-in and will be watching closed circuit. Those ticket prices....fuck that.

Load Metric
    Bring back jabreport.

Comments

JMM: Obv

Load Metric

This is a closer fight now than it was a few years ago. Mayweather's reflexes have really started to slow. I think Pacquiaos chances hinge on being able to shoot in, and shoot back out without being countered. Mayweather wins the fight on the outside, and Mayweather wins the fight on the inside. Manny's range in somewhere in between. He's a mid-range fighter with incredible speed and angles. Floyd won't be using the shoulder roll much. I also don't expect to see too many jabs to the body like he usually does. Manny can counter that punch with a right hook. I think the Manny can score a flash knockdown with that right hook if he sneaks it in just right.

The contrast in style makes this so interesting. Whoever imposes their style on the other, wins. Simple as that. I think Mayweather needs to come out a bit more aggressive and not let Pacquiao bank early rounds and have to play catch up. And absolutely NO resting on the ropes.

Pacquiao will take fire to give it, so staying out of harms way will be tough. He can't let Pacquiao keep shooting in and out, turning him. Touch him with superior reach from the outside, and tie him up on the inside and sneak in uppercuts and body shots. I think people will be surprised at how much stronger Mayweather is than Pacquiao.

I got tickets to the weigh-in and will be watching closed circuit. Those ticket prices....fuck that.
    So you're betting everything on Mayweather?

It's a much different perspective if you're ringside.
    In 2007, Oscar De La Hoya fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Mayweather won by split decision.

If you ask any white person who went to the fight, Oscar De La Hoya won easily, Oscar said himself that he should have gotten more points for being the aggressor, otherwise we would have had no fight.

HBO boxing announcer Jim Lampley was running around after the fight telling everyone that Oscar De La Hoya got robbed. Freddy Roach said he wasn't so sure.

Tickets for the nose-bleed upper stadium seats were just $1,000 a ticket.

The public will make Pacquiao the betting favorite because he is an underdog, the expert sports handicappers will pick Mayweather because he is undefeated.

If Mayweather believes that he can beat Pacquiao easily(which you know he does) then instead of boxing Mayweather turns the fight into a brawl which favors Pacquiao.

He wants to keep the fight close so there will be a rematch. Will Pacquiao take advantage of this? Will Mayweather change his tactics if he thinks he's losing?

Manny Pacquiao must knock-out Floyd Mayweather to win this fight. No question about this. Pacquiao will lose even if he knocks Mayweather down twice in the fight. Another problem for Pacquiao is his corner. By the 11th round Pacman asks his corner if he's winning the fight, they lie to him and say yes but we need to win the next 2 rounds, problem is on the judges scorecards Pacquiao is losing 3 rounds to 7 for Mayweather.

Pacquiao only wins if Mayweather seriously fucks up.

Load Metric

So you're betting everything on Mayweather?

It's a much different perspective if you're ringside.
    In 2007, Oscar De La Hoya fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Mayweather won by split decision.

If you ask any white person who went to the fight, Oscar De La Hoya won easily, Oscar said himself that he should have gotten more points for being the aggressor, otherwise we would have had no fight.

HBO boxing announcer Jim Lampley was running around after the fight telling everyone that Oscar De La Hoya got robbed. Freddy Roach said he wasn't so sure.

Tickets for the nose-bleed upper stadium seats were just $1,000 a ticket.

The public will make Pacquiao the betting favorite because he is an underdog, the expert sports handicappers will pick Mayweather because he is undefeated.

If Mayweather believes that he can beat Pacquiao easily(which you know he does) then instead of boxing Mayweather turns the fight into a brawl which favors Pacquiao.

He wants to keep the fight close so there will be a rematch. Will Pacquiao take advantage of this? Will Mayweather change his tactics if he thinks he's losing?

Manny Pacquiao must knock-out Floyd Mayweather to win this fight. No question about this. Pacquiao will lose even if he knocks Mayweather down twice in the fight. Another problem for Pacquiao is his corner. By the 11th round Pacman asks his corner if he's winning the fight, they lie to him and say yes but we need to win the next 2 rounds, problem is on the judges scorecards Pacquiao is losing 3 rounds to 7 for Mayweather.

Pacquiao only wins if Mayweather seriously fucks up.
    Wat.

I said Pacquiao is a mid-range fighter. Mayweather is physically stronger in the clinch and a better boxer from the outside. Mid range is Pacquiao world. With fast combinations and angles. If Mayweather takes that range away, he wins.

And general consensus is that Oscar didn't even deserve the split decision. You don't get points for aggression. You get points for effective aggression. If it were "show up, throw more punches, win" it wouldn't be boxing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    any serious buyers on the site? I have 2 tix looking to sell will be in vegas on Wednesday to pick theme up at will call.
    Earliest pick up will be Friday.

Load Metric
    Imo Pacquiao is a good bet at +200 and above, but not necessarily below, so if you like Manny I hope you got your money in early. But he is for sure a very live dog.

Load Metric
    IMO this fight will be rigged

May weather by decision (controversial) and we may see a rematch next year.

Load Metric
    Diddy and wahlberg bet 250k on fight.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles..._showcase_pool

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I can't help but feel like something stupid is gonna happen. Clash of heads, broken hand, something like that.

I don't think it's set in fully, that this shit is really even happening.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I can't help but feel like something stupid is gonna happen. Clash of heads, broken hand, something like that.

I don't think it's set in fully, that this shit is really even happening.
    Yeah, I still can't believe it, and I can't believe how fast it's come up - one week away already. It's crazy. And the closer the fight gets the more I realize how much I want Floyd to win, as shameful as that is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The fight going the 11 round over (-350 in Vegas last I saw), and going the distance (-300 on Bovada) is the play here, right?

Thread Information