Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Pacquiao on first take this morning. He was actually pretty funny.

Press conference for the fight is today at 4:30 est, I believe. This will be the only press conference until the one they do the week of the fight.
    Steven A Smith makes that practically unwatchable.
    Yeah he's hard to listen to. I find Skip just as unbearable. If you can get past the screaming, Smith at least appears to be a fan of the sport. Skip is just a troll. I remember him talking about why Ali was so great, because of his 1 punch knockout power. And then not knowing what a catch weight was. He thought you had to enter the ring at the catch weight. It was cringe worthy. Then he sits there all smug like he knows what he's talking about. He had me so tilted I was talking shit to him on twitter lol. Then i realized how faggot that was and I let it go.

Load Metric
    HEX, Vegas...

Thoughts on Kovalev/Pascal?

Load Metric
    I just don't see anyone below cruiserweight who can compete with Kovalev other than maybe Andre Ward at some point. Pascal may actually match up better against Kovalev than Adonis Stevenson would, but I still don't know what he can do to seriously trouble Kovalev. I think it's more a question of whether Kovalev can be the first to stop him. What are the odds on that, JMM? I love Steve Cunningham and I wish I thought he could beat Glazkov, but I can't really see it. And I'm picking Lepikhin over Chilemba in the night's most anticipated fight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    I just don't see anyone below cruiserweight who can compete with Kovalev other than maybe Andre Ward at some point. Pascal may actually match up better against Kovalev than Adonis Stevenson would, but I still don't know what he can do to seriously trouble Kovalev. I think it's more a question of whether Kovalev can be the first to stop him. What are the odds on that, JMM? I love Steve Cunningham and I wish I thought he could beat Glazkov, but I can't really see it. And I'm picking Lepikhin over Chilemba in the night's most anticipated fight.
    Kovalev inside distance is -217. Over/under is 9.5 rounds. +140 to the over.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Great fight through 5. Kivalev is driving the action but pascal is hitting him with some good counters. Question is will he get one in good enough to turn the fight?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Crazy finish. Kovalev trips basically knocking pascal oh and pascal is completely drunk wandering around the ring while kivalev is down.

Then kivalev gets up, hits him with a couple glancing shots and ref calls fight.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Probably early stoppage, but probably the best thing for pascal long term health. Kivalev showed a great chin. Some of those counters hit him hard and he took them and kept going.

Load Metric
    HEX, Vegas...

Thoughts on Kovalev/Pascal?
    Sorry, didn't get to respond to this earlier.

What HEX said. I don't see anyone beating Kovalev right now.

Load Metric
    This guy is apparently Pacquiao's sparring partner in preparation for the Mayweather fight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    This guy is apparently Pacquiao's sparring partner in preparation for the Mayweather fight.

In terms of ring IQ and technique, that's about as good as he's gonna get. Rigondeaux a lot smaller, though. They're going to need to prepare for Mayweather's physical strength. He'll bully Pacquiao on the inside. Rigo can't help with that.

Mayweather is sparring with Chop Chop and Zab Judah. There's just not any good sparring partners for either guy, in terms of emulating the opponents style. Steve Forbes used to be the go to guy for people fighting Mayweather, but he's too old now.

Load Metric
    I didn't even think about the fact that Rigondeaux is a southpaw.

Anyway, looks like it was just a rumor.

Load Metric
    From Wikipedia: "The fight will be co-announced by Michael Buffer of HBO & Jimmy Lennon Jr. of Showtime."

JESUS... I have this sneaking suspicion that the pre-fight coverage will trump the actual fight in terms of excitement. When was the last time a fight had TWO ring announcers??? Apparently Jimmy will be introducing Floyd and Buffer will be introducing Manny (Showtime and HBO respectively). Will Larry Merchant be there by any chance?

Load Metric
    Some good fights tonight.

Crawford/Dulorme. I really like watching Crawford. He's gonna be a big deal, sooner than later.

Chavez 2 vs. Fonfara. It should be a cracker, for sure. Fonfara is no pushover.

Matthysse and Provdnikov. I can't tell you how excited I am for this one. It could be Gatty/Ward epic. Except that Matthysse has more boxing ability. But he can only "box" for so long before he decides to go to war. Then it's gonna get good.
    Last edited by JMM; 04-18-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Load Metric
    that pacquiao 24/7 hbo doc wasn't about dis lyfe.

GOD DAMN THAT WAS GOOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    that pacquiao 24/7 hbo doc wasn't about dis lyfe.

GOD DAMN THAT WAS GOOD
    It was excellent. Gave me chills.

Load Metric
    Wow! Ticket count at LV books is 3/1 Pacman.

That's not good.

Load Metric
    I was at Matthysse-Provodnikov last night. Great fight obv. Matthysse won by at least 2 points (I had him by 4). Thank god the judges (just barely) got it right. Dan Rafael and (I heard) the HBO team scored it a draw, but that's bad scoring imo. The fight before the main event ended in two rounds (disgustingly bad undercard) so they showed Crawford-Dulorme on the big screen in the arena, which was very cool. Crawford-Matthysse seems pretty likely in the near future, and what an awesome fight that would be.

Chavez is done. Tough motherfucker but no work ethic. Oh well.

Comments

JMM:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Wow! Ticket count at LV books is 3/1 Pacman.

That's not good.
    They're making a big deal of it, but it's to be expected, I think. Public money is going to flood in on Pacquiao. Then the week of the fight we get the best odds on Mayweather.

I'm thinking just bet both guys by decision, and throw a little on the draw.

Load Metric
    12 days until the fight. Zero tickets for sale. I don't know what to make of it. Definitely isn't good, though.

Load Metric
    12 days until the fight. Zero tickets for sale. I don't know what to make of it. Definitely isn't good, though.

Isn't MGM resorts going to hoard almost all of the tickets and give them out only to high rollers?

It seems like Bob Arum doesn't know what the fuck is going on, this show is being run by Mayweather Promotions.

If Floyd "Money" Mayweather strategy is like the last 2 fights, he will turn this fight into a brawl, try to keep it close so there will be a re-match.
    Then in the re-match Mayweather goes back to the old hit and run boxing, that he believes will win him the fight fairly easily.

It's Always About The Money!!!

Thread Information