Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

I swear to fake God. I 100% believe Pacquiao has a better chance to win it now, than he did 5 years ago.
    Only if the fight ends in K.O.

If the fight goes to the judges score cards it unfortunately favors Mayweather.

The scoring system in boxing needs to change, they should award more points to the aggressive fighter who is creating action and award less to the fighter who just hits and runs his ass around the ring.

They award for effective aggression. Not just throwing punches and missing. That would be stupid.

Also, if all he does is "run his ass around the ring" surely someone would be able to cut the ring off and beat him. I mean, that's a pretty simple strategy to crack. If a guy can't make you fight his fight, he doesn't deserve to win.

Mosley landed 2 good punches in that fight. Floyd beat his ass in the middle of the ring for 11.5 rounds. He didn't run from Mosley. He didn't run from Canelo. He didn't run from Cotto. He won't run from Pacquiao.

Load Metric
    Despite Arum's comments, no TV deal reached for Mayweather-Pacquiao bout

Kevin Iole

Odds of a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao dwindle by the day, in large part thanks to promoter Bob Arum's loose lips.

On Thursday, Arum told the Associated Press that Showtime and HBO had come to a deal to finalize their side of talks to broadcast the highly anticipated super fight. Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, told veteran AP sports columnist Tim Dahlberg that after the TV issues had been resolved, there were only two outstanding issues before a deal is made.

We had four issues and we resolved two. Now we're working on resolving the other two. Unless something else comes up at the last minute, that's what my take is.

But within moments of the story's release, representatives on all sides of the negotiation vehemently denied the story.

One person who requested anonymity told Yahoo Sports, "Believe me, if this fight doesn't get done, it will be because of Bob Arum. Nobody can figure what he is doing or why he is doing it."

Mayweather denied a deal has been reached in a post on social media. He also noted that his team has worked hard to try to make the fight, countering some of Arum's assertions such as when the Top Rank CEO said that Mayweather "is running like a thief."

Mayweather posted a photo of himself in Pacquiao's hotel room in Miami where the two met after bumping into each other at American Airlines Arena, where they attended an NBA game.

Mayweather wrote:

I set up this meeting with Manny Pacquiao to get this fight done but they will continue to tell the public it's us and that's NOT TRUE.

No one in an official capacity was willing to speak on the record, other than to deny that a TV deal had been reached and to discount Arum's earlier public comments that an announcement for the fight was imminent.

In a Jan. 30 story in the New York Post, Arum said he expected the fight to be finalized in the next couple days.

"Everybody is doing the right thing. We're looking to complete the paperwork. Everything is moving in the right direction. Hopefully, the next couple of days, it will get done."

That clearly has turned out not to be the case, as have most of Arum's pronouncements in the negotiations for a fight the sports world has been eager to see for five years.

Talks are at a sensitive stage. The fight is tentatively set for May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and there are now only 87 days until the fight occurs. While a Mayweather-Pacquiao bout wouldn't need the lengthy build-up traditional for most pay-per-view boxing shows, that's not the case if they opt not to fight each other. At that point, they're going to be scrambling to get the word out.

But Arum's insistence on public comments are clearly an impediment to reaching a deal. That is one point that people on both sides of the aisles in these talks agree about. Top Rank president Todd duBoef is irate at Arum, his step-father, but has essentially thrown his hands up in the air and said he can't control Arum.

Even Pacquiao's team has gotten upset at Arum's willingness to go on the record with comments that often don't add up.

Pacquiao has been in Washington, D.C., the last several days and on Thursday attended the National Prayer Breakfast.

Load Metric
    Fight's not gonna happen. Pissed that I allowed myself to believe it was possible. Still, Al Haymon is saving the sport. Now we got Lee-Quillin to look forward to, with so many more to come.

Load Metric
    Arum still trying to protect Pac from taking a loss and losing his cash cow. He's been playing this like a fiddle since the beginning.

Sad part is even if Pac fights 3-4 more times it still won't come close to the amount he would make off this one fight.

Arum is probably thinking the fight will still be there in 2 years.

He is the white Don King.

Load Metric
    i want to believe, but my gut says this fight aint never gonna happen. Arum and Mayweather both dont want it to.

Load Metric

Yeah, it looks like they are finally making progress...

Pacquiao: I have this great promoter named Bob Arum, you should talk to him.

Mayweather: Fuck Bob Arum, that piece of shit fucked me out of so much money. Get rid of the piece of crap. Manny, you have to be your own man.

Pacquiao: Bob Arum is a god, he made me so much money, I don't have any now. Is getting paid $10 million out of $250 million good?

Mayweather: Fuck that white n-word, this fight will never happen if Bob Arum is involved.

Pacquiao: Okay, Let's play Xbox again.

Load Metric
    Mayweather will face either Miguel Cotto or Amir Khan on May 2nd if the Pacquiao talks collapse.

Floyd Mayweather's Legendary Ducking Resume

1999 - ducked Joel Casamayor and Shane Mosley (fought Chavez)
    2002 - grew balls and fought Castillo (and Castillo got robbed)
    2004 - ducked Kostya Tszyu and Winky Wright to fight Demarcus Corley, Henry Bruseles and Arturo Gatti
    2006 - (time frame) ducked Margarito and undefeated Cotto (fought Zab Judah? Who just lost)
    2007 - ducked Clottey, Paul Williams, undefeated Cotto, Margarito and fought an out of his prime (and already TKOed) Dela Hoya and fought Hatton at 147(not 140)
    2008 - Do a FAKE retirement to ducked Clottey, Paul Williams, undefeated Cotto, Margarito and Mosley
    2009 - ducked Pacquiao, Cotto, Cintron, Clottey, P Williams, and Mosley and fought a lightweight Marquez(Yes, a lightweight!)
    2010 - ducked Pacquiao, Cotto, Cintron, Clottey, P Williams, and Sergio Martinez and fought a faded Mosley
    2011 - ducked Pacquiao, Cotto, Cintron, Clottey, and S. Martinez
    2012 - ducked Pacquiao, Clottey and S. Martinez and fought Cotto who was TKOed twice already (HBO was trying hard to make Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.)
    2013 - ducked Pacquiao (Floyd go to Showtime to make it harder for Bob Arum to make the fight happen.)
    2014 - ducked Pacquiao, Lara and Khan((Pac n Lara are his mandatory. Khan won over Maidana on Floyd's own poll)
    2015 - 36yr old Pacquiao slightly loss speed and power. Time to fight?

Load Metric
    Mayweather will face either Miguel Cotto or Amir Khan on May 2nd if the Pacquiao talks collapse.

Floyd Mayweather's Legendary Ducking Resume

1999 - ducked Joel Casamayor and Shane Mosley (fought Chavez)
    2002 - grew balls and fought Castillo (and Castillo got robbed)
    2004 - ducked Kostya Tszyu and Winky Wright to fight Demarcus Corley, Henry Bruseles and Arturo Gatti
    2006 - (time frame) ducked Margarito and undefeated Cotto (fought Zab Judah? Who just lost)
    2007 - ducked Clottey, Paul Williams, undefeated Cotto, Margarito and fought an out of his prime (and already TKOed) Dela Hoya and fought Hatton at 147(not 140)
    2008 - Do a FAKE retirement to ducked Clottey, Paul Williams, undefeated Cotto, Margarito and Mosley
    2009 - ducked Pacquiao, Cotto, Cintron, Clottey, P Williams, and Mosley and fought a lightweight Marquez(Yes, a lightweight!)
    2010 - ducked Pacquiao, Cotto, Cintron, Clottey, P Williams, and Sergio Martinez and fought a faded Mosley
    2011 - ducked Pacquiao, Cotto, Cintron, Clottey, and S. Martinez
    2012 - ducked Pacquiao, Clottey and S. Martinez and fought Cotto who was TKOed twice already (HBO was trying hard to make Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.)
    2013 - ducked Pacquiao (Floyd go to Showtime to make it harder for Bob Arum to make the fight happen.)
    2014 - ducked Pacquiao, Lara and Khan((Pac n Lara are his mandatory. Khan won over Maidana on Floyd's own poll)
    2015 - 36yr old Pacquiao slightly loss speed and power. Time to fight?
    Holy shit. I hope you didn't write that list.

Casamayor? Clottey? Paul Williams? Kermit fucking Cintron? Winky Wright? Sergio Martinez? Erislandy Lara? Jesus fucking Christ. You've actually got him DUCKING Amir Khan, and complaining because he's fighting him, in the same post? Mosley was the one that ducked Mayweather. Mayweather wanted the fight, Mosley had a tooth to take care of. Cotto's team admitted that at 140, Cotto "wasn't ready" to fight Mayweather.

Basically, whoever wrote the list, is saying that everyone Mayweather didn't fight, from 135 to 154, in the time frame that THEY wanted the fight to be made, he ducked. Who else is held to that kind of standard? People like to talk about all the people Mayweather ducked, but don't like talking about all the people that ducked him, when he was coming up. The only legit case to be made, is Margarito. That's the list.

Load Metric

Casamayor? Clottey? Paul Williams? Kermit fucking Cintron? Winky Wright? Sergio Martinez? Erislandy Lara? Jesus fucking Christ. You've actually got him DUCKING Amir Khan, and complaining because he's fighting him, in the same post? Mosley was the one that ducked Mayweather. Mayweather wanted the fight, Mosley had a tooth to take care of. Cotto's team admitted that at 140, Cotto "wasn't ready" to fight Mayweather.

Basically, whoever wrote the list, is saying that everyone Mayweather didn't fight, from 135 to 154, in the time frame that THEY wanted the fight to be made, he ducked. Who else is held to that kind of standard? People like to talk about all the people Mayweather ducked, but don't like talking about all the people that ducked him, when he was coming up. The only legit case to be made, is Margarito. That's the list.
    Pacquiao
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

Pacquiao
    Bob Arum.

Load Metric
    Im not saying Arum isn't a problem... but he's like 15% of the problem currently and Mayweather is like 85% of the problem. If Mayweather wanted the fight, it would happen
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Im not saying Arum isn't a problem... but he's like 15% of the problem currently and Mayweather is like 85% of the problem. If Mayweather wanted the fight, it would happen
    I'm not sure how you can say that (if you've been following it) this time around. But I'm not getting into this shit anymore. If it doesn't happen this time, fuck both of them. Mayweather can fuck off and fight Khan/Cotto and Pacquiao can fuck off and fight Jesse Vargas.

I could post a million things that Arum is doing to try and be an ass about making this fight happen. It would fall on deaf ears. Minds are made up, and have been for some time. People are going to blame Mayweather.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-tim...155723126.html

But but...it is all the evil promoters doing, Mayweather wants to fight him....blah blah fucking blah.

Jmm, just accept the fact that the main attraction to the sport you profess your undying love for is a giant pussy. Period. I know it sucks to have that as the face of the sport, but it is what it is.

Guys like "Money" continue to drive the sport into bolivian, not some promoter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

But but...it is all the evil promoters doing, Mayweather wants to fight him....blah blah fucking blah.

Jmm, just accept the fact that the main attraction to the sport you profess your undying love for is a giant pussy. Period. I know it sucks to have that as the face of the sport, but it is what it is.

Should I post the 25 articles from other sources (including Iole who seems to change his mind daily) saying otherwise? Shit Iole wrote an article not too long ago stating that sources close to the negotiations were blaming Arum.

I don't "profess my undying love" about anything. I talk boxing. You just don't agree with what I have to say, so you respond with something stupid. You guys take my desire to talk about Boxing, or defend Mayweather as some sort of fanboyism. It's like I'm posting on Boxinscene with a bunch of kids.

Bob Arum isn't "some promoter" any more than Don King was just "some promoter." So, is it Mayweather's fault that Bob Arum only puts his fighters in with other Top Rank fighters? I wonder why that is? It must because Mayweather is the face of boxing.
    Last edited by JMM; 02-11-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Should I post the 25 articles from other sources (including Iole who seems to change his mind daily) saying otherwise? Shit Iole wrote an article not too long ago stating that sources close to the negotiations were blaming Arum.

I don't "profess my undying love" about anything. I talk boxing. You just don't agree with what I have to say, so you respond with something stupid. You guys take my desire to talk about Boxing, or defend Mayweather as some sort of fanboyism. It's like I'm posting on Boxinscene with a bunch of kids.

Bob Arum isn't "some promoter" any more than Don King was just "some promoter." So, is it Mayweather's fault that Bob Arum only puts his fighters in with other Top Rank fighters? I wonder why that is? It must because Mayweather is the face of boxing.
    The only relevant information is the current information. And the most recent article ripped Floyd to shreds and told it like it is. He doesn't want to fight him. And will come up with every excuse in the book to make it look otherwise. But now people who might have been on fence, even Iole, are starting to realize what has been going on the entire time.

Load Metric

The only relevant information is the current information. And the most recent article ripped Floyd to shreds and told it like it is. He doesn't want to fight him. And will come up with every excuse in the book to make it look otherwise. But now people who might have been on fence, even Iole, are starting to realize what has been going on the entire time.
    So the articles with Arum's laundry list of excuses are just talking shit, but the ones blaming Mayweather are telling it like it is.

Got it.

Load Metric
    I really do hope this fight gets made. I want to see how people who actually believe that Mayweather is "scared" of Pacquiao, backpedal and start whining about some other bullshit.

Load Metric
    Steve Kim tweeting that he believes the fight will be announced this weekend.

Load Metric
    Steve Kim tweeting that he believes the fight will be announced this weekend.
    I said it earlier & I'll say it again, I'll believe this fight is going to happen when they're both climbing thru the ropes.

Comments

HEX: this is correct
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I really do hope this fight gets made. I want to see how people who actually believe that Mayweather is "scared" of Pacquiao, backpedal and start whining about some other bullshit.
    Mayweather believes he can and would beat Pacquiao, but his "0" is the most important thing to him. He definitely knows that Pacquiao is a threat to it, and he'd definitely rather fight guys who are less of a threat. Arum is partly to blame in this situation, and so is Pacquiao, but Floyd has been by far the biggest impediment to making this fight, if for no other reason than he's a cantankerous child who needs to feel like he's always in charge of everything. I think the fight probably gets made, but that's because the public pressure became too huge for Floyd to be able to avoid it. That said, he is correct in his belief that he can and will beat Pacquiao.

Thread Information