Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Boxing Thread

This is my attempt to lure JMM and Hex into a lengthy thread of splendor.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    This is my attempt to lure JMM and Hex into a lengthy thread of splendor.

Definitely.

Load Metric
    Boxing is for fags.

Load Metric
    Mayweather is a bitch :amirite

Load Metric
    Not a ton coming up this weekend. The next few weeks will produce some decent fights, though.

Next weekend is Brook/Matt Hatton. The most interesting thing about this one, is whether or not Brook can stop him.

Also Sergio Martinez back at it next weekend, against Matthew Macklin. Odds are pretty wide. +775 for Macklin. He can make a fight of it, but Martinez should win. Over 9.5 rounds is intriguing at -115. Then again, every time I say Martinez is going the distance, he knocks someone out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Not a ton coming up this weekend. The next few weeks will produce some decent fights, though.

Next weekend is Brook/Matt Hatton. The most interesting thing about this one, is whether or not Brook can stop him.

Also Sergio Martinez back at it next weekend, against Matthew Macklin. Odds are pretty wide. +775 for Macklin. He can make a fight of it, but Martinez should win. Over 9.5 rounds is intriguing at -115. Then again, every time I say Martinez is going the distance, he knocks someone out.
    Salido-Lopez is happening this weekend. Will be interesting to see if Lopez can get his career back on track or if he's just never gonna be the fighter it seemed he could be.

Gamboa is a piece of shit for sure. Such a punk move.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    Boxing is for fags.
    The more MMA I see the dumber boxing seems. MMA is a true fighting sport where motherfuckers are trying to murder each other. I've never seen a referee interrupt a bout unless somebody tapped. Whereas in boxing the ref steps in every 5 seconds cuz theres so many dumb rules and the boxers love to hug it out.

Boxing is a joke. Pac and Floyd wont even fight each other for 50 million.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    The more MMA I see the dumber boxing seems. MMA is a true fighting sport where motherfuckers are trying to murder each other. I've never seen a referee interrupt a bout unless somebody tapped. Whereas in boxing the ref steps in every 5 seconds cuz theres so many dumb rules and the boxers love to hug it out.

Jesus. Looks like this stupidity is going to follow me over here, too.

If you want to talk boxing vs. MMA, go start a thread about it. Please don't fag this one up with this shit.

But, LOL at "they try to murder each other". What fucking MMA are you watching?

Load Metric
    Jesus. Looks like this stupidity is going to follow me over here, too.
    You're posting in a forum called "Flying Stupidity" lol.

Banned
    Load Metric

I like this post

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    Boxing is for fags.

I done agreed - them ufc fighters is the bad dogs in the yard -

50 million is more than all the land i know of is worth - more then everthing arond me together - and the trees

Load Metric
    I've never seen a referee interrupt a bout unless somebody tapped.
    Really, you've never seen that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    I've never seen a referee interrupt a bout unless somebody tapped.
    Really, you've never seen that?
    LOL, exactly.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I had thought about a boxing show at one point, but it would pretty much just be Vegas, Hex and I talking back and forth. We can do that here.
    I'd call in to that show as long as it was about the Heavyweight division in the mid 90s or the Middleweight division in the mid 80s.

I really don't have a fucking care or clue about today's fighters. Mayweather has basically ruined the sport with his stupid demands. And who is a decent Heavyweight right now in the USA?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    I had thought about a boxing show at one point, but it would pretty much just be Vegas, Hex and I talking back and forth. We can do that here.
    I'd call in to that show as long as it was about the Heavyweight division in the mid 90s or the Middleweight division in the mid 80s.

I really don't have a fucking care or clue about today's fighters. Mayweather has basically ruined the sport with his stupid demands. And who is a decent Heavyweight right now in the USA?
    I feel your pain, man. I can do some 80's, and a lot of 90's, but I don't go much further. Despite what a lot of people think, I'm not really a "historian". I guarantee you there are probably 4 people on this site alone that know more about the "old" fighters than I do.

There's a lot out there other than Mayweather. They're all just overshadowed by him. And there are no real American HW's right now.

/hijack.

Silver
    Load Metric

I feel your pain, man. I can do some 80's, and a lot of 90's, but I don't go much further. Despite what a lot of people think, I'm not really a "historian". I guarantee you there are probably 4 people on this site alone that know more about the "old" fighters than I do.

There's a lot out there other than Mayweather. They're all just overshadowed by him. And there are no real American HW's right now.

/hijack.
    Outside of three or four fighters in the Middleweights, what is out there?

It is really sad to see the Heavyweight Division collapse after some really great years in the 90s. If I had a few million I'd be scouring inner city gyms, because this country needs a Heavyweight Champion fighting in Las Vegas/pay per view every few months. Druff?

Load Metric

/hijack.
    Outside of three or four fighters in the Middleweights, what is out there?

It is really sad to see the Heavyweight Division collapse after some really great years in the 90s. If I had a few million I'd be scouring inner city gyms, because this country needs a Heavyweight Champion fighting in Las Vegas/pay per view every few months. Druff?
    Donaire, Gamboa, Garcia, Canelo, Broner, Trout, Guerrero, Rigondeaux..off the top of my head. There's a lot of good fighters out there putting on really good fights, man. You just don't hear about it, because of all the negative shit going on.

Load Metric
    Boxing is done. The only fights anyone cares about are Pac man and Money May. MMA killed boxing whether you want to admit or not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Boxing is done. The only fights anyone cares about are Pac man and Money May. MMA killed boxing whether you want to admit or not.
    OK.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=JMM;112018]
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

LOL, MMA has had big downturn in the last year ish across the board. Most of the big up and coming stars in combat sports are in boxing not MMA, And nobody gives a shit about pacquiao mayweather anymore. Im a fan of both, but thats the truth.

Thread Information