Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1459

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    I remember the Hagler/Minter fight 40 years ago. To win the title Hagler beat Englishman Alan Minter to a bloody pulp in three rounds. Minter was taking brain damaging punches at the end when the fight was stopped. Hagler's corner had to cover him up from the full bottles of beer being thrown into the ring by the English crowd that was pissed off at the stoppage. The Bobbies had to quickly get Hagler out of the Arena.

The fight ends at 19 minutes and the beer bottle throwing begins

POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Hagler > Leonard.
    RIP
    Brockton forever.

In the last year, I've easily watched Hagler-Hearns over 10 times straight thru. Greatest boxing match ever.

Load Metric
    Hagler was one of the toughest fighters I've ever had the privilege of seeing.

Arguably the greatest southpaw ever.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Hagler > Leonard.
    RIP
    Brockton forever.

In the last year, I've easily watched Hagler-Hearns over 10 times straight thru. Greatest boxing match ever.
    Watching it in slow motion is even better.

Load Metric
    Duran was a true lightweight fighting the bigger guys, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, while past his prime. Hagler softened Duran up to the point that Hearns knocked him out.

Load Metric
    In the Hagler-Duran fight in 1983 I had my money on Duran going 10 full rounds with Hagler. I was in Juneau, Alaska and we were watching the fight in the Landing Strip Lounge. Satelite TV wasn't that good in those days especially in Alaska. We kept losing the fight. It went off in the 1st round, came back on in the 3rd round, then back off in the 4th round, then back on in the 7th round, then back off in the 9th round. Then it came back on in the 11th round and I knew I won my bet. I was sweating bullets everytime we lost the signal tho.

To me at the time, though I respected the hell out of Duran, but like everyone else figured he was washed up, it was unbelievable that he went 15 rounds with Hagler. Years later Hagler rated Duran as the best fighter he ever fought.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 03-14-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    lost a few 100 betting against jake paul last time but he's up against an actual fighter this time and its +145

Load Metric
    Canelo vs. BJS tonight.

Should be a pretty good little scrap.

BJS was bitching about ring size and threatened to pull out of the fight unless they granted a 24' ring. So it makes sense to assume that his plan is to stay away. He's pretty awkward, good solid jab, decent speed, and a bit of a size advantage. But he doesn't have much power in his shots.

I think BJS can have some early success. First few rounds to make it interesting. He moves pretty well, and Canelo doesn't have the best footspeed. But from the waist up Canelo's movement is world class. I just don't see an avenue to victory for BJS. Between moving backwards in a huge ring, missing punches (which is a stamina drainer), and Canelo feeding him body punches, I think the real question is whether or not he survives until the final bell.

I believe Canelo might be on a similar level to Floyd several years back. I'm not sure anyone in or around his weight class can really fuck with him too much.

I think rounds 1-4 are really close, then Canelo settles in and starts to figure him out, wears him down and takes over. Canelo TKO round 8 or 9.

Load Metric
    Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul

Who lost?

Anyone who paid to watch the fight.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Yup

Gold
    Load Metric
    This was something Bill Simmons and Ryen Rusillo brought up, so not pretending like I have any boxing acumen; but if you have 40 pounds on a guy and he is more skilled than you, if you aren't hanging on him as much as you can to wear him out you aren't doing it right. That is basic boxing strategy.

Also, Bill and Ryen said when Floyd opened up in the 4th he really was going for the KO, and when Logan took the punishment without going down and even gave some back, Floyd made a business decision not to open up again and allow for the tiny chance he could get caught.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    i was in the nosebleeds obv. paid 300

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    This was something Bill Simmons and Ryen Rusillo brought up, so not pretending like I have any boxing acumen; but if you have 40 pounds on a guy and he is more skilled than you, if you aren't hanging on him as much as you can to wear him out you aren't doing it right. That is basic boxing strategy.
    Yup. You ‘lean’ on a smaller opponent to wear him down. Fury vs. Cunningham was a good example of it.

Paul was just holding though, most of the time. He wasn’t really pushing Floyd to the ropes and leaving on him too much from what I remember.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    had castano tonight...from everything i can gather i got bent over with no lube and fucked...

Load Metric
    Here's a cool playlist of a bunch of teh old HBO Legendary Nights, shows, most of which HBOMax didn;t have last time I checked.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._YTUIMWRZFkwWW

Reason I went looking for it tonight was hearing that Riddick Bowe is gonna fight (exhibition?) Lamar Odom, which seems criminal almost. He was super slurring decades ago, wasn't he? And Odom has his own set of issues...

Anyway, here's HBO's Legendary Nights: The Tale of Riddick Bowe vs Andrew Golota

Gold
    Load Metric
    Nice post thanks. I enjoy watching this type of boxing content. I also enjoy the “All Access” lot of old school ones, they still make them but it’s not the same. May weather had a perfect personality for that type of show.

Load Metric
    Was invited to a local event last night. All the local boxers who have won titles, but I’ve known all of them my whole life or adult life for the most part.

Coolest thing was meeting Sugar Ray Seales. Had never met him. Won Gold in ‘72. I had read an article about him like 5 or 7 years ago talking of his hard luck life, so I knew a little about him.

The article mentioned he carried his gold medal with him everywhere. They weren’t lying. He had it last night. Let everyone put it on for pics. Talkative as hell. Very cool guy. I asked him about Hagler given his recent demise and knew he fought him 3 times. Said he was a tough, but that he beat him and got a draw in the one fight. I can’t find the fight he was talking about. Maybe JMM has seen it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Was invited to a local event last night. All the local boxers who have won titles, but I’ve known all of them my whole life or adult life for the most part.

Coolest thing was meeting Sugar Ray Seales. Had never met him. Won Gold in ‘72. I had read an article about him like 5 or 7 years ago talking of his hard luck life, so I knew a little about him.

The article mentioned he carried his gold medal with him everywhere. They weren’t lying. He had it last night. Let everyone put it on for pics. Talkative as hell. Very cool guy. I asked him about Hagler given his recent demise and knew he fought him 3 times. Said he was a tough, but that he beat him and got a draw in the one fight. I can’t find the fight he was talking about. Maybe JMM has seen it.
    Brother that sounds like a good time. Brother are you involved in the boxing community?

Brothers you should consider joining a boxing gym, joining one changed my life many years ago. You can not have a violent, psychopathic and hostile young man like Knockout Nicky Pipes walking around the community without an outlet for his rages.

Was this event like a dinner meet and greet?

Load Metric
    It might be Manny Pacquiao last professional fight.

But if he wants to fight loser wannabe fighters social media stars like Jake Paul in exhibition matches, I'm sure he can.

Thread Information