Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1459

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

Heard today Fury has the option not to accept?
    where'd you hear that? that goes contrary to everything that has been said and written about the contract since it was signed.
    I should have been clearer. What I heard was his manager say they would much rather pay Wilder to go away and that appears to be an option. However he doubted Wilder would go for it but they are trying a few things as they rather go right to Joshua.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    In what has to be one of the weirdest excuses since Pacquiao said he wore the wrong socks, Wilder is saying that the 40lb suit he wore to the ring was too heavy, and exhausted his legs.

Says he'll exercise the rematch clause immediately.

Heard today Fury has the option not to accept?
    Nah, they'll have the option to pay Wilder some step-aside money, to make way for the Joshua fight but I doubt he takes it. Step-aside money is usually given to mandatory challengers that don't stand to make much money to start with. A guy who's about to make like 250k gets offered 700k to make way for the "bigger" fight. But in this case, Wilder is too big a star. And if he wins, stands to make a killing against Joshua, himself.

Load Metric
    Couple of pretty good fights tonight.

Khalid Yafai -145 over Roman Gonzales
    Khalid Yafai ITD +520

I figure Chocolatito is at the end of what has been a phenomenal career. Yafai doesn't have crushing power but he does hit really hard to the body for a little guy. He's got some height and reach at work for him here, too. Like him to win, and possibly stop Roman. I think they spend most of this fight in the middle of the ring, and eventually Yafai wears him down.

Jessie Vargas by Decision +590 over Mikey Garcia

Tread lightly here. Mikey is a bad dude. I'm just still not sure he belongs at the weight. Watched the weigh in and he just looks soft. I think he belongs at 140. And Vargas is a tough son of a bitch. Vargas has about a 3" reach, and around 6" height advantage. Much more well suited for WW. If he ups his punch output some, I think he's got a really good shot. Vargas typically can't crack an egg and Mikey is a smart fighter so I don't think Vargas can stop him, but a decision isn't out of the question.

Load Metric
    Maybe a decent longshot opportunity in a few minutes on ESPN.

Don Haynesworth against Guido Vianello.

Guido is a huge favorite. 6 wins with 6 KOs.

Haynesworth has 16 wins with 14 knockouts. Big Ol fat dude. Weighed in 50 pounds heavier than Guido.

I don’t know much about either but I’ve seen Guido get rocked a couple times by lesser punchers. I figure if you’re gonna bet a longshot it might as well be a hard hitting heavyweight with a big weight and experience advantage. Against a young guy with only 6 pro fights.

Took Haynesworth Inside the distance +1800

Platinum
    Load Metric

Haynesworth has 16 wins with 14 knockouts. Big Ol fat dude. Weighed in 50 pounds heavier than Guido.

I don’t know much about either but I’ve seen Guido get rocked a couple times by lesser punchers. I figure if you’re gonna bet a longshot it might as well be a hard hitting heavyweight with a big weight and experience advantage. Against a young guy with only 6 pro fights.

TID!

Platinum
    Load Metric

I watched this card and it was enjoyable, even if the fights were one-sided. The stoppage in the fight you bet on was probably a little premature, but it probably wasn't going out of the first anyways, so whatever. The fat guy wasn't really protecting his head area, which seems suboptimal in a sport such as boxing.

In the middle fight, the heavyweight prospect was actually letting himself get tagged a lot, which the announcers never seemed to notice or comment on. That is probably something he is going to need to address at some point.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Probably gonna be $100 for 8 rounds of patty cake.

Tyson wouldn't have to hit Roy very hard to put him down, though.

Load Metric
    I'm sure Evander Holyfield would like another fight against Mike Tyson.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jake Paul (YouTuber) vs Nate Robinson (former NBA player) will also be the undercard

what a fuckin shitshow
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Jake Paul brings the hits.

Load Metric
    Tyson hasn't fought since June 11, 2005, when Tyson stunned the boxing world by quitting before the start of the seventh round in a close bout against Kevin McBride.

Roy Jones Jr. fought as a light heavyweight a couple of years ago. However, every single Roy Jones Jr. fight has been lackluster. I remember Roy Jones Jr. always fighting a close fight to get a decision. I don't think he's ever knocked anyone out. Mike Tyson has been working out the past couple of years and looks good.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: 2/3 of RJJ's 66 wins are by KO, you silly mong

Kuntmissioner: I'm actually friendly with Kevin McBride

Load Metric
    Tyson has the bigger bite.

Comments

dwai: fucking moron

Load Metric
    RJJ was a great boxer

Load Metric
    How is there no discussion of the Lomochenk https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ghlight=Boxing o fight tonight. I’m shocked not gonna lie. I figured this was gonna be one sided. It’s been mostly that except for other dude winning 6 of the 7 rnds it seems to me. Shrug. Did Lomochenko not take this guy seriously??

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Watched the Alvarez vs Callum Smith fight and thought it was much closer than the scorecards, thought Alvarez won a closish decision but the judges basically gave smith 1 to 3 rounds...

Load Metric
    Andy Ruiz is looking remarkably trim.

Name:  NINTCHDBPICT000535798943.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  127.7 KB

Load Metric
    It'll be interesting to see how far this kid can go. Fights welter/middle. Good speed. Deadly with body shots. Currently 10-0 with 6 knockouts.

POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

http://https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/1...ler-dead-dies/

http://https://247sports.com/college...end-162367130/

http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki..._Marvin_Hagler

Boxing legend Marvelous Marvin Hagler dead at 66

Boxing legend Marvelous Marvin Hagler has died at his home in New Hampshire, his wife announced on Saturday. He was 66 years old.

The news of Hagler’s passing was announced in a Facebook post on his official fan page on Saturday afternoon by his wife, Kay Hagler. The full post can be read below.

“I am sorry to make a very sad announcement,” she wrote. “Today unfortunately my beloved husband Marvelous Marvin passed away unexpectedly at his home here in New Hampshire. Our family requests that you respect our privacy during this difficult time. With love, Kay G. Hagler”

Hagler is widely considered one of boxing’s greatest middleweights of all-time. He was the undisputed middleweight champion from 1980 to 1987, making 12 successful title defenses. That is good for the third-longest unified championship reign in boxing history.

After fighting to a split draw with Vito Antuofermo in his first title shot in 1979, Hagler went on to win the title the following year, defeating British boxer Alan Minter by third-round TKO at Wembley Arena in London.

His two most well-known title defenses came against fellow boxing greats Roberto Duran and Thomas “The Hitman” Hearns. He defeated Duran by unanimous decision in 1983, then defended his title two more times before squaring off with Hearns in 1985. He scored a third-round TKO victory over Hearns in what is still considered one of the best boxing matches ever, one that has since become known as “The War.”

Hagler’s title reign ended in 1987 with a controversial split decision loss to “Sugar” Ray Leonard. That would be the final fight of his career as he retired from boxing the following year. The New Jersey native was 62-3-2 with 52 knockouts in his professional boxing career.

Following his retirement from boxing, Hagler moved to Italy and became an actor. He was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1993.

Thread Information