Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1459

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    The Boxing Heavyweight Division needs a hero, even an overweight sloppy hero.

Anthony Joshua looked like the polished, boxing champion that was trying to cruise to an easy win but he under-estimated his opponent. Anthony Ruiz Jr fought him like a fat guy trying to eat at a buffet. Ruiz never should've had a chance. Easy first or second round knockout. However, shit happens.

Anthony Joshua should be at least a 10 to 1 favorite for a rematch.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Buffet LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Anthony Joshua looked like the polished, boxing champion that was trying to cruise to an easy win but he under-estimated his opponent. Anthony Ruiz Jr fought him like a fat guy trying to eat at a buffet. Ruiz never should've had a chance. Easy first or second round knockout. However, shit happens.

I think Ruiz is a better fighter then most give him credit.

He has a solid amatuer record under a pretty damn good coach. Over a hundred ametuer fights for just a few losses.
    His professional record is very good with only 1 loss from 30+ bouts. With this said the record is good but the quality of his opponent's not anything special.

He's tough and he hits hard.

I didn't think he'd win either but I gave him more then just a punchers chance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

He has a solid amatuer record under a pretty damn good coach. Over a hundred ametuer fights for just a few losses.
    His professional record is very good with only 1 loss from 30+ bouts. With this said the record is good but the quality of his opponent's not anything special.

His one professional L came under extremely shady circumstances too ...

Load Metric

He’s absolutely a better fighter than people are saying. People clown because he doesn’t “look the part”.

He’s incredibly accurate and has very fast handspeed for a big guy. Relentless, good counter puncher, experienced. It was pissing me off listening to the pre fight interviews and hearing people talk like he’s some bum off the streets.

He’s not just going to get in there and be out boxed, without bringing a shit storm to whoever is in front of him.

I think he’s a problem for Joshua in a rematch unless he gets stopped early. Same with Wilder. Fury has the best shot to soundly out box him.

Comments

sah_24: Agree Fury would be hardest matchup for him, the other 2 have enough holes for him to exploit with his skillset

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

He’s absolutely a better fighter than people are saying. People clown because he doesn’t “look the part”.

He’s incredibly accurate and has very fast handspeed for a big guy. Relentless, good counter puncher, experienced. It was pissing me off listening to the pre fight interviews and hearing people talk like he’s some bum off the streets.

He’s not just going to get in there and be out boxed, without bringing a shit storm to whoever is in front of him.

I think he’s a problem for Joshua in a rematch unless he gets stopped early. Same with Wilder. Fury has the best shot to soundly out box him.
    Yes he has very fast hands and a killer left hook. Watch his feet and body when he throws a left hook, it starts at his toes and unwinds like a spring.

Load Metric
    Manny Pacquiao proves once again that he is the best boxer over forty years old.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I want to see Plant vs a legit fighter, kid looks pretty good. Hopefully they make that fight with whoever wins the upcoming Benavidez fight

Load Metric
    Good fight for Manny. I thought he’d probably win more rounds but wasn’t sure if the judges would give it to him or not.

He’s definitely the best active fighter over 40.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    NICE LITTLE WAR TONIGHT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Should be a pretty good scrap tonight at light heavy. Artur Beterbiev vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk. Boxer vs brawler. Should be plenty of action. I think Beterbiev may wear him down but wouldn’t be surprised to see either guy win it. Gvozdyk is all around more skilled but Beterbiev hits like a tank and swarms. Should be a fun fight. Odds are close to even. I took Beterbiev when I saw +120.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    After the Ohio St. cover was no longer in doubt decided to switch to the fight.

Pretty even fight until the 9th when Beterbiev started rocking the other guy with massive body shots. Feels like it Could be beginning of the end.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Feel pretty weird even talking about it....but my son is DEFINITELY going to watch these two Youtube guys fight in a little while.

They got sanctioned for a pro fight. I figure if I'm going to have to watch it, I'll look into it a little. They both seem to be taking it seriously. You can see a clear improvement in skillset from months ago. Eddie Hearn promoting it. It's as legit as it can be, I suppose.

Logan Paul -200

Huge gap in athleticism. He almost knocked this mother fucker down the first go-round with headgear and 16 oz gloves. Remove the headgear, 10 oz gloves.

KSI had Jeff Mayweather training him here in Vegas (btw I moved to Vegas). They've got him trying to implement the Philly shell defense (shoulder roll) and it looks terrible. In the training that I've watched, he's not tucking his chin behind his shoulder at all. It's awful. He's gonna catch a left hook and go down, if this is their plan. You can't teach that defense to a seasoned fighter in 6 months, let alone some guy from YouTube.

Paul has Shannon Briggs "training" him, which is really just him standing back and yelling "LET'S GO, CHAMP" while someone else does the work. Dude was a pretty good wrestler back in high school. Built like a fuckin' tank. Got tired the first time they "fought" but if he worked on his stamina he should walk over this cat.

A lot of boxing fans are shitting on this, but I think it's good. Brings a new crowd to the sport. These dudes have huge followings. And there's some good fighters on the undercard. Devin Haney should be a future star, and Billy Joe Saunders is already relatively well known. He's working his way to a Canelo fight.

Watching the skill in the undercard is definitely going to let people know that the dudes fighting the Main Event are in no way, shape or form, "fighters". But, money talks. First time in boxing that a 6 round fight will reward each guy with $900k.

Load Metric
    Lmao. That’s the first time I’ve seen someone lose 2 points for one punch without a warning. What a shit show.

BJS fight was really good, at least.
    Last edited by JMM; 11-09-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I like Fury saturday

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    I like Fury saturday
    I think Fury might box Wilder's head off. I'm not entirely ruling out Fury stopping him, either.

I'd like for Wilder to win because American boxing needs a HW knocking motherfuckers out, and he could definitely land another bomb and put Fury away for good this time. But that bomb at the end of the fight really should have never happened to start with. And it's a lot easier to adjust from getting caught with something heavy, than it is to learn to not get outboxed in nearly every round.

In short, Fury has more paths to victory imo.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    I like Fury saturday
    I think Fury might box Wilder's head off. I'm not entirely ruling out Fury stopping him, either.

I'd like for Wilder to win because American boxing needs a HW knocking motherfuckers out, and he could definitely land another bomb and put Fury away for good this time. But that bomb at the end of the fight really should have never happened to start with. And it's a lot easier to adjust from getting caught with something heavy, than it is to learn to not get outboxed in nearly every round.

In short, Fury has more paths to victory imo.
    I fucking waited and coulda had fury at EVEN...still worth firing at -106?

Load Metric
    Doesn't Fury have a reach advantage?

Fury better knock Wilder out this time, the longer this fight goes on the more tired and clumsy Fury becomes.

Load Metric

Nobody took Buster Douglas seriously either at 42-1 till he knocked Tyson the fuck out in Tokyo..

Thread Information