Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric

Boxing Thread

This is my attempt to lure JMM and Hex into a lengthy thread of splendor.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    This is my attempt to lure JMM and Hex into a lengthy thread of splendor.

Definitely.

Load Metric
    Boxing is for fags.

Load Metric
    Mayweather is a bitch :amirite

Load Metric
    Not a ton coming up this weekend. The next few weeks will produce some decent fights, though.

Next weekend is Brook/Matt Hatton. The most interesting thing about this one, is whether or not Brook can stop him.

Also Sergio Martinez back at it next weekend, against Matthew Macklin. Odds are pretty wide. +775 for Macklin. He can make a fight of it, but Martinez should win. Over 9.5 rounds is intriguing at -115. Then again, every time I say Martinez is going the distance, he knocks someone out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    Boxing is for fags.
    The more MMA I see the dumber boxing seems. MMA is a true fighting sport where motherfuckers are trying to murder each other. I've never seen a referee interrupt a bout unless somebody tapped. Whereas in boxing the ref steps in every 5 seconds cuz theres so many dumb rules and the boxers love to hug it out.

Boxing is a joke. Pac and Floyd wont even fight each other for 50 million.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    The more MMA I see the dumber boxing seems. MMA is a true fighting sport where motherfuckers are trying to murder each other. I've never seen a referee interrupt a bout unless somebody tapped. Whereas in boxing the ref steps in every 5 seconds cuz theres so many dumb rules and the boxers love to hug it out.

Jesus. Looks like this stupidity is going to follow me over here, too.

If you want to talk boxing vs. MMA, go start a thread about it. Please don't fag this one up with this shit.

But, LOL at "they try to murder each other". What fucking MMA are you watching?

Banned
    Load Metric

I like this post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Jesus. Looks like this stupidity is going to follow me over here, too.
    You're posting in a forum called "Flying Stupidity" lol.

Load Metric
    You're posting in a forum called "Flying Stupidity" lol.
    God damnit. Well played, lol.

I have to start paying more attention.

What the fuck is up with Gamboa? I know the rumor is he signed w/PBF. I find it odd May has a promotional company yet no license. God damn it Gamboa you aren't getting any younger. Bam Bam-Gamboa was what I thought a good scrap.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyMillersMeatCurtains View Post
    What the fuck is up with Gamboa? I know the rumor is he signed w/PBF. I find it odd May has a promotional company yet no license. God damn it Gamboa you aren't getting any younger. Bam Bam-Gamboa was what I thought a good scrap.
    I'm not sure what he's doing. He's been working out at Mayweather's gym, but I don't know if he's signed with him or not. I hope this fight doesn't fall through. I was looking so fucking forward to this fight.

Rios is going to have all kinds of fun with this shit, though.

Gamboa is on the highway to the Berto-zone. Outer darkness... His birth certificate says 30 but we all know that really means he's closer to 35 than to 30.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I miss the days when Marvin Hagler ruled the Middleweight Division.

I love boxing but wtf!? with boxing today!

Load Metric
    Every weigh in and press conference is turning into WWE

Banned
    Load Metric

I loved Al Bernstein's call of this fight except for his comment at the end when he said Hagler's win redeemed his 'loss' against Roberto Duran. Bernstein was wrong for Marvin Hagler defeated Roberto Duran via unanimous decision.

Side note brag...I met Al Bernstein at the old Desert Inn, Las Vegas. Although I didn't catch it, believe it or not Al was the lounge act. This Boxing Hall Of Fame inductee happens to be a great singer who was kind, polite and gracious as I burned his ear about boxing.
    Last edited by SixToedPete; 03-06-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    I miss the days when Marvin Hagler ruled the Middleweight Division.

I love boxing but wtf!? with boxing today!
    It's really not the level of talent that is fucking the sport up these days (except for the heavyweight division). It's the fighters unwillingness to fight anyone, and everyone. Don't get me wrong, fighters have avoided other fighters for a hundred years, but it's to the point now, that's it has become the main focus of the sport.

Mayweather/Pacquiao are the obvious example. They're staring one of the biggest fights in boxing history square in the face, with an opportunity to make more money than anyone thought imaginable, and it's not happening. They're the faces of boxing, yet they are unwilling to help the sport (avoiding each other, catch weights, slapping women, choking guys at the weigh in, etc.). The shit is just bad for boxing.

People are consumed by two things these days.... the Heavyweight division (or lack of), and Mayweather/Pacquiao not fighting. So blinded by those two things, that they don't care to see the fucking boat loads on talent throughout the sport.

It's probably never going to get back to it's glory days, but I'll always love the sport no matter what. And I still catch myself saying "man, fuck boxing", probably once a month.

And as much as I hate to say it, the sport will be better off when Bob Arum is no longer a part of it. His in house fights, so he can keep all the money... also not helping. If boxing were ran more like UFC, where guys have two choices, fight, or no pay, then it would be better. But that's never going to happen.

Load Metric
    Not a ton coming up this weekend. The next few weeks will produce some decent fights, though.

Next weekend is Brook/Matt Hatton. The most interesting thing about this one, is whether or not Brook can stop him.

Also Sergio Martinez back at it next weekend, against Matthew Macklin. Odds are pretty wide. +775 for Macklin. He can make a fight of it, but Martinez should win. Over 9.5 rounds is intriguing at -115. Then again, every time I say Martinez is going the distance, he knocks someone out.
    Salido-Lopez is happening this weekend. Will be interesting to see if Lopez can get his career back on track or if he's just never gonna be the fighter it seemed he could be.

Gamboa is a piece of shit for sure. Such a punk move.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post

Salido-Lopez is happening this weekend. Will be interesting to see if Lopez can get his career back on track or if he's just never gonna be the fighter it seemed he could be.

Gamboa is a piece of shit for sure. Such a punk move.
    Holy shit. Good call, Hex! Forgot about JuanMa/Salido. Gonna play Lopez -175. If he does in fact get back on track, we won't see him at a price this good again, for a really long time.

Load Metric
    word out of Sacramento is my kids opponent broke his arm, and unless we find a last minute replacement fight is cancelled.

Thread Information