Thread: Druff what is the backstory to this neverwinpoker dispute?

Load Metric

Druff what is the backstory to this neverwinpoker dispute?

http://www.pokeraffiliateprograms.co...poker-com.html

Found it on google. Sounds like it got pretty intense. None of the links seem to work.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Found it on google. Sounds like it got pretty intense. None of the links seem to work.
    And does anyone know if "wrenchjunky" is now wrenchjockey.

Bronze
    Load Metric

The reason the links do not work, it because its from 2006. They expired due to years of lack of interest.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Considering he posted in that thread confirming it was him, seems highly likely...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Considering he posted in that thread confirming it was him, seems highly likely...
    I don't know any of the names mentioned in those posts
    It seems obv that wrenchJUNKY is now wrenchJOCKEY I'm just asking for confirmation.

Load Metric
    It's confirmed you dumb motherfucker.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is what I remember of the situation:

Some kid named Ross started that neverbeg.com site, and it was one of the early staking sites. There was a lot of potential in that area to make money. However, he really had no way to promote it, so he offered a 50% ownership split with Micon if he would promote it on neverwinpoker.com. Recall that this was 2005 or 2006, and Micon owned 50% of neverwinpoker. Dustin Woolf owned the other half of neverwinpoker at the time, but I don't believe he was part of the deal (because he basically did no work on NWP). I didn't own any part of NWP at the time, nor did Pokernews.

Anyway, here comes the big shocker:

Micon didn't live up to his agreement to promote it, mostly out of laziness.

I know, I know... none of you can picture a hardworking guy like Micon allowing this to happen, but that's what occurred.

Ross got pissed off about this and took away Micon's 50%. As far as what I remember, he didn't give Micon any warning about this, but rather just got sick of the site not being promoted as promised, and basically said "fuck you, your 50% is gone now". Micon accused him of being a scammer, and started a whole hate campaign against him on NWP.

In reality, both Micon and Ross were at fault. Micon was at fault for not doing what he promised, and Ross was at fault for just taking away Micon's 50% ownership, as he really didn't have a right to do that. Without any paperwork, Micon could not legally prove that he ever owned 50%, so he was fucked in that department.

Most people on NWP sided with Micon, even though everyone acknowledged that his laziness was somewhat the cause of the whole thing.

Later, neverbeg.com went up for sale, auction-style, and users from NWP were fucking with it just for the lulz. (They were also doing this because they legitimately felt Ross fucked over Micon.) They were doing things like creating accounts named "Dr. Evil" and bidding "One milllllllllion dollars", thus ruining every attempt to sell the site through the auction. Every time they would cancel these bogus bids, a new bogus bid would go up.

They finally gave up and took it down from the auction, and sold the site some other way.

Anyway, that thread from 2006 was people complaining about NWP people messing with the auction.

I might have some details wrong (as it was 6 years ago, and I was never all that interested in the situation in the first place), but that's what I remember.

Thread Information