Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz fails drug test for pot!!!!! oh yeah, Silva pissed hot too.

Load Metric

Nick Diaz fails drug test for pot!!!!! oh yeah, Silva pissed hot too.

Story forthcoming, I guess...

Name:  silva.JPG
Views: 556
Size:  32.7 KB

and the details start rolling in.....

also via Kevin Iole: Silva popped for drostanolone in a PRE-FIGHT test conducted Jan. 9. Diaz over limit for marijuana from post-fight test

Masteron, motherfuckers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

also via Kevin Iole: Silva popped for drostanolone in a PRE-FIGHT test conducted Jan. 9. Diaz over limit for marijuana from post-fight test

Masteron, motherfuckers.

Dana White is going to stroke out here sometime soon. As cool as his job may seem, I would never want it. Seems stressful as hell.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    but at least we get this

Comments

Crowe Diddly: that is an awesome vid

Load Metric

Masteron, motherfuckers.
    I guess that means either a NC now or hell NSAC should just say fuck it the fight never happened at all now since this has to be a first in awhile where both get nailed for drugs. Anderson might as well just retire now if he can't even piss clean training for a guy who should've been an easy mark.

Load Metric
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/ufcs-an...no-more-fights

“This is not bad for me, this is bad for the sport,” Silva told MMAjunkie. “People around the world love the UFC, but the kids love the UFC, and the families love UFC. It’s bad for the sport. I don’t think this is good because the sport can change the lives of the kids and the people in the world.

“When the guys test for the steroids, it’s bad because this is a problem. It’s bad not just for the UFC, but for the sport.”
    “When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights,” Silva said. “When you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug and it’s not good for the sport.”

Load Metric
    Respectfully, anyone who thought Silva was coming back from that injury in 13 months without roiding has no business judging anyone or anything.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  2  Twitter.png
Views: 482
Size:  271.4 KB

Comments

Crowe Diddly:

sonatine: first thing i thought of

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Respectfully, anyone who thought Silva was coming back from that injury in 13 months without roiding has no business judging anyone or anything.
    I assumed that, as a long time champion, he probably used on the reg and knew how to keep his piss clear. That's part of being an MMA champion, the not getting caught part. I thought, anyway.

Load Metric
    Anyone who thinks ANY of these guys are not doping is fooling themselves, they generally will try to time the half life of the drugs to pass the pre and post tests, literally attempting to
    time them within hours of tests, its and art in itself, but the human body doesn't always cooperate that is why at times they fail tests.

Ultimately I don't understand why they don't just allow it or at least have a look the other way policy. It would be fucking awesome for a sport like this especially to have two guys peaking
    on a massive cycle going at it in the ring.

I know Dana White wants the UFC to be mainstream and all, but people who are truly informed on PEDs understand that just about all pro athletes take some sort of synthetic test or booster or peptides etc anyway.. so get ahead of the curve and be the first pro sport to at least regulate the use... long over due IMHO

Load Metric
    Can't wait to see the next TTTHS

Name:  1  Twitter.png
Views: 400
Size:  558.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Dana White is going to stroke out here sometime soon. As cool as his job may seem, I would never want it. Seems stressful as hell.
    This is a pain in his ass, but Silva was at the very end of his career anyway. I can't even imagine how many objects were thrown when he found out that Jon Jones tested for coke and was going to rehab.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I assumed that, as a long time champion, he probably used on the reg and knew how to keep his piss clear. That's part of being an MMA champion, the not getting caught part. I thought, anyway.

Silva needs to hang them up. Diaz needs to open up a pot dispensary chain.

Banned
    Load Metric
    As far as weed goes, is this an athletic commission thing or a UFC rule? Why do they even test for it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    but at least we get this

somebody go find me a mama luigi style vid so I can do very bad things with that blue (pink) screen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    As far as weed goes, is this an athletic commission thing or a UFC rule? Why do they even test for it?
    Commission thing. They only test for pot on the night of the fight, and they recently enough raised the level of failure from 15 ng/ml to 150 ng/ml, which should get rid of the failures that happen when someone stopped smoking 2 weeks ago but still has residual stuff in the body, or similar circumstances. Basically, Nick probably only stopped for a few days, if he stopped at all. Hell, he's outright said he would have failed after the GSP fight as well, but they didn't test him.

But why test for pot? Because it's evil, obv. Real reason? Everything that can potentially alter your consciousness in the cage/ring is prohibited. Since you can't tell exactly when a person used last via urine, they use the levels referenced above. Is it right? It is what it is, and doesn't look to be changing anytime soon, since you can't even be on Tylenol during a fight.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 02-04-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Load Metric
    Fairly even handed from Chael given some of Anderson's comments about fighters testing positive
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 02-04-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Load Metric
    A week or 2 before the fight, I saw someone, can't remember who, say on twitter that the NAC was no comment-ing questions about Nick's license, and when he got it. Good reason for that, since he wasn't licensed until 3 days before the fight. Why was he not licensed, you ask? Because he's failed for pot before, so he couldn't get a new license until he pissed clean, and he finally pissed clean a few days before the fight. Then he failed on fight day. What a weird deal. Also, some lol Cesar Gracie comments in this article.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/4/...re-ufc-183-due

Diaz was not licensed to compete against Anderson Silva on Saturday night until the week of the fight, MMAFighting.com has learned. Diaz was not able to provide a clean drug sample to the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) until "days before" the bout, his coach Cesar Gracie said. NAC executive Bob Bennett confirmed the information Wednesday.

Diaz then tested positive for marijuana metabolites in a post-fight drug test, as Yahoo! Sports reported Tuesday. Bennett said the amount of marijuana metabolites in Diaz's system was 300 ng/ml -- double the threshold of 150 ng/ml.

Fighters who have failed tests previously must re-apply for licenses with the NAC before being allowed to compete again. Diaz had popped for weed twice before in Nevada. The process to get re-licensed requires submitting documentation of a clean drug test. Gracie said Diaz was not able to do so until the 11th hour. Bennett said he believes the paperwork came in Jan. 28, three days before UFC 183.

"It's not an anomaly," Bennett said. "We do get them at the last second. We'd prefer not to, because it creates problems. But don't think we didn't contact the promoters. We did contact the promoters. We said, 'We need a clean bill of health from Nick or he isn't fighting.'"

According to Gracie, Diaz failed several tests before passing the one that was submitted to the commission last week. The positive tests were not submitted to the commission, so Bennett said he has no records of them. It wouldn't matter anyway. Marijuana is not prohibited by the NAC out of competition, so Diaz faced no penalties leading up to the bout.

Diaz will face discipline since that is an in-competition test. Anything inside a 12-hour window before and after the fight is considered in-competition.
    Gracie said they were confident Diaz would pass the test before the fight and get licensed. However, he is confused as to how Diaz passed a drug test before the fight, did not smoke after it and then failed the post-fight screening.

"My understanding was he passed the test, then he fought and then after he passed the test, he did not smoke," Gracie said. "What we think happened is the exertion of the fight affected the test and that's why he tested positive."

Bennett disagrees.

"It's obvious once he provided us a negative one he started smoking again," he said.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Fairly even handed from Chael given some of Anderson's comments about fighters testing positive

People arent quite digesting yet that Sonnen just declared that roiding is basically part of MMA. Yes we all knew, but I have never heard a fighter say it before.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Aaaaaand results now officially a No Contest.

Load Metric
    Aaaaaand results now officially a No Contest.
    nitpick: not official until NAC votes on it.

Comments

sonatine: touche, thought they had tho

Thread Information