Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Rent Is Too Damn High' leader actually had very low rent. Now being evicted

Load Metric

'Rent Is Too Damn High' leader actually had very low rent. Now being evicted

Jimmy McMillan, beloved tenant crusader and founder of the Rent Is Too Damn High party, is facing eviction from his East Village apartment, where the rent is definitely not too damn high. Lisco Holdings, McMillan's landlord at 107 St. Marks Place, says that the rent-stabilized $872/month apartment is not McMillan's primary residence, which violates stabilization rules. Lisco says the perpetual political candidate's primary home is in Flatbush, but McMillan says that was just a campaign office.
    As a karate expert I will not give my opinion on this man, I will just link to the story.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/0...s_eviction.php
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ONCE again I'm proven right by progressives. Evan mayor Dinkins had a rent stabilized apartment and his son and many other people piling in million dollar government pensions..the democratic machine is ridiculous and the fake republicans as well..you might be a sincere democrats but raising taxes and add spending is just a marketing gimmick like carbon credits helps global warming like Michael Moore and his 9 houses and condos..there is no alternative but the tea party..only implementing just a portion of what they want will actually make the system more!!! Fair and honest..it will never be perfect.I guess you think raising property taxes on the working class helps the education system too...what's wrong with you guys that ARGUE with me..I voted for Reagan twice Clinton twice and yes Obama the first time..fuck McCain..Ross Perot did plant a seed of independent thought in me..I'm not the zealot..you guys are and don't even know it..it's become so Orwellian. Obama makes the government from that "v" victory movie look tame..he is some thing out of Orwellian nightmare so are the rep s..what wrong with you people.

Comments

tyde: please work harder at sentence structure and paragraphs. I cant bring myself to slog through your massive walls of run-on sentences

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On another post someone mentioned that 80 people own half the wealth..WE ALL KNOW THAT'S TRUE. Why do you think both corrupted political parties and tons of outside influence try to demoralize the tea party..because if the tea party actual gets more influential..IT FUCKS UP THERE!! Day!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    ONCE again I'm proven right by progressives. Evan mayor Dinkins had a rent stabilized apartment and his son and many other people piling in million dollar government pensions..the democratic machine is ridiculous and the fake republicans as well..you might be a sincere democrats but raising taxes and add spending is just a marketing gimmick like carbon credits helps global warming like Michael Moore and his 9 houses and condos..there is no alternative but the tea party..only implementing just a portion of what they want will actually make the system more!!! Fair and honest..it will never be perfect.I guess you think raising property taxes on the working class helps the education system too...what's wrong with you guys that ARGUE with me..I voted for Reagan twice Clinton twice and yes Obama the first time..fuck McCain..Ross Perot did plant a seed of independent thought in me..I'm not the zealot..you guys are and don't even know it..it's become so Orwellian. Obama makes the government from that "v" victory movie look tame..he is some thing out of Orwellian nightmare so are the rep s..what wrong with you people.
    stop posting
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    $872 a month is cheap?

What?

Looks like somebody here is one of those 80 people.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    stop posting
    WOW BANG ZOOM TO THE MOON..THERE'S NO COUNTER ARGUMENT..COUSE ITS SO IRONCLAD.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    $872 a month is cheap?

What?

Yeah, I'm one of the 80 richest people in the world (which for some reason you think control 50% of global wealth). If you think $872/mo for a 1 bedroom in the East Village is expensive, then I don't know what to tell you. ~$2,650/mo for a 1 bed is about the going rate in the area. Heck, I would love to be paying $872/mo for a 1 bed in my area. I think $900/mo would be considered pretty inexpensive for any area outside of buckfuck, Arkansas, or wherever you're from. Pretty weird that you're a tea party member, but you're also in favor of rent control and an anti-1%er. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that the wealth gap is one of the biggest problems we have right now, I just don't think most tea party members would agree with you.
    TRUMP 2024!

Banned
    Load Metric
    $872 a month is cheap?

What?

Yeah, I'm one of the 80 richest people in the world (which for some reason you think control 50% of global wealth). If you think $872/mo for a 1 bedroom in the East Village is expensive, then I don't know what to tell you. ~$2,650/mo for a 1 bed is about the going rate in the area. Heck, I would love to be paying $872/mo for a 1 bed in my area. I think $900/mo would be considered pretty inexpensive for any area outside of buckfuck, Arkansas, or wherever you're from. Pretty weird that you're a tea party member, but you're also in favor of rent control and an anti-1%er. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that the wealth gap is one of the biggest problems we have right now, I just don't think most tea party members would agree with you.

just out of curiosity...

whats your mouthwash of choice to get rid of morning cock breath ?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

what is your mouthwash of choice to get rid of morning cock breath ?
    Tyde detergent

Comments

Hurdleking: lol for real
    TRUMP 2024!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    shitty thread but I support all coontent

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not in favor oops govt housing or rent control. That actually puts upward pressure in the working and middle class housing. I collect rent from 2 housing units in the Bronx..I actually charge less then what section 8 would pay me..by the way I discriminate I don't want section 8 as tenants..,a one bedroom in the Bronx is around 1200..2 bedroom @1450..if you eliminated section 8 and govt ho housing and turned it over to the private sector in would be a downward pressure on rent..no day chairs that the govt policies discriminate against working families?? By the way section 8 pays 1800 for a 2 bedroom no questions asked..these people live rent free for the rest of there lives..it's ridiculous..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sorry about the misspelling and grammar structure..too busy working all my life than to play with my computer and jerk off like you guys.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    U guys that pick on the small things of my post instead of taking the concept as a whole probably had dreamed of having sexual encounter with your parents..SIGMUND FROID. U KNOW WHO U ARE.

Load Metric
    $872 a month is cheap?

What?

Not a member of the Tea Party so please stop making things up. Thank you.

If everyone has gotten used to outrageously high rent, then its OK?

If you are paying that much rent, its your business, but you are getting raped every month. But if everyone else around you is getting raped too, its OK with you. That's the way sheep think.

Not from Arkansas either.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    U guys that pick on the small things of my post instead of taking the concept as a whole probably had dreamed of having sexual encounter with your parents..SIGMUND FROID. U KNOW WHO U ARE.
    you massively dumb fuck, when you write as badly and as incoherently as you do, your "concept" never gets across because everyone says "fuck this guy, if he can't be bothered to put a sentence together properly, I can't be bothered to try to make sense of his pablum."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually I agree with u. Thank you for the honest criticism..I really do have to work on that..

Comments

Crowe Diddly: nice. expected more of a "fuck off" response, but this is better.

SrslySirius: Self-awareness and desire to improve rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Herbert's temple is right about being raped by rent but I'm sure he would agree that every time the democrats tax the water or the property or put "fees", on property insurance the working poor, the working and middle class pay for it..I know Herbert's gets it but a lot of you don't.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually I agree with u. Thank you for the honest criticism..I really do have to work on that..
    Thanks guys..:-) :-) :-)...I'll do better.

Load Metric
    Not a member of the Tea Party so please stop making things up. Thank you.

If everyone has gotten used to outrageously high rent, then its OK?

If you are paying that much rent, its your business, but you are getting raped every month. But if everyone else around you is getting raped too, its OK with you. That's the way sheep think.

Not from Arkansas either.
    I thought you were sparten since you basically have the same avatar. I guess I fail to see how $1k/mo for a 1 bedroom is "outrageously high" for a single person. If you spend 30% of your income on rent, then you need a $40k/yr job to be able to securely live there. Isn't that still a below average salary in the US? Meaning a majority of people can afford that rent, and those that can't can go somewhere else where the rent is cheaper.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    On a thread derailed note, Plop do regret moving to the windy city? As i see on the news just now you are getting slammed with snow storm and it is 75 and sunny here
    -Allergic to the struggle

Thread Information