Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 80 people own half of the worlds wealth

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

80 people own half of the worlds wealth

Shout out to Sheldon Adelson for being a rich scumbag.

"Oxfam releases the report every year just as global leaders gather in Davos because the key to reversing the trend lies in the hands of government. The problem requires a coordinated global effort to tackle inequality, such as punishing tax dodging by corporations and wealthy individuals. Other initiatives include: Universal public services (i.e. health and education), shifting the burden of taxation from labor and consumption to capital and wealth, living wages, equal pay, and adequate safety nets that include a minimum income.

Interestingly, many of these policies have been promoted – and rejected – here in America.

Thirty-five of the 80 individuals controlling wealth hold American passports. Many of the names are familiar, such as Bill Gates, the Waltons of Wal-Mart fame, George Soros, Warren Buffett, both Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson. It is also no surprise that many of these names are often seen on the same donor lists of politicians across the nation, Congress and our recent presidents. The Oxfam report notes than nearly 12 percent of political contributions come from the list of 80 billionaires."

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/2...cted-officials

Comments

BetCheckBet: this is wrong read my post below

big dick: let's jsut hope the dirty cocksucker dies asap and let it be painfull if possible

Load Metric
    Everything is a rich man's trick. Always has been.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Shout out to Sheldon Adelson for being a rich scumbag.

It is also no surprise that many of these names are often seen on the same donor lists of politicians across the nation, Congress and our recent presidents. The Oxfam report notes than nearly 12 percent of political contributions come from the list of 80 billionaires."
    Have to agree with RegGaymer that these two points are of issue, especially Adelson being so politically involved. He has some archaic, scary views that he constantly supports through pushing his agenda with politicians. Shit ain't right.

Load Metric
    its funny what you can do with wealth statistics on a planet that homes 7 billion souls.

For instance, if you earn the minimum wage in the UK then you are among the top 10 wealthiest people on earth.

Now go try tell that to the poor cunt who cleans the inside of toilet bowls for a living. I'm sure they'll feel like kings.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    I wish people would learn to read but what do you expect from a website called "truth"

No 85 people do not control 50% of the worlds wealth. The top 1% do. Essentially 70 million people own 50% of the wealth. Read the damn report....

http://www.oxfam.org/sites/www.oxfam...-200114-en.pdf

Comments

Pooh: druff but fair

RegGaymer: whos that fat fuck in your avatar?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    And this fact should inspire today's commoner, through accesses to ever increasing information, to change the power structures that keep us in place today.

It is a fantastic joke that has been played out over centuries. Religion and now
    economic wealth, status and power are controlled by the few. This overall power
    is not something these jackals care to relinquish.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    And this fact should inspire today's commoner, through accesses to ever increasing information, to change the power structures that keep us in place today.
    Can you picture what will be, so limitless and free
    Desperately in need, of some, stranger's hand
    In a desperate land

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    To "shine a light" is to metaphorically put the spotlight on an issue or subject so that others will notice it, pay more attention to it, and learn more about it.

"Shed light" is a related phrase, though that one describes investigating something or learning more about something.

I would welcome the day as I nor anyone needs the false support of an individual or individuals who have no respect for their neighbor and are only concerned about personal wealth.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That's true...'re: David icks or alex Jones the only group both corrupted political parties rally against is the tea party because if they truly came to power we would benefit just a little more and it would fuck up there day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I wish people would learn to read but what do you expect from a website called "truth"

No 85 people do not control 50% of the worlds wealth. The top 1% do. Essentially 70 million people own 50% of the wealth. Read the damn report....

http://www.oxfam.org/sites/www.oxfam...-200114-en.pdf
    Go back to sleep you msm supporting clown! People like you are part of the problem in this world.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Whether 80 people or 1% of the population the exact number doesn't seem like the arguing point.
    The numbers may be off in either scenario but the end result is equal.
    Disastrous.

Load Metric
    I have to agree with limitless on this one. There's not much of a difference between 80 people and 70,000,000 in the grand scheme of things, so why even bother pointing it out? Unless you're just a MSM-watching sheeple loser. wake up
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    its funny what you can do with wealth statistics on a planet that homes 7 billion souls.

For instance, if you earn the minimum wage in the UK then you are among the top 10 wealthiest people on earth.

Now go try tell that to the poor cunt who cleans the inside of toilet bowls for a living. I'm sure they'll feel like kings.
    For many years as a child my mum worked as a cleaner. She cleaned a working men's club and a infant school, so she must have dealt with some horrors on a regular basis. Were we poor? Sure. But so was everyone else in the area so we didn't really notice. That said, must be tougher these days to cope with relative poverty when the bling culture and global materialism are so rife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I have to agree with limitless on this one. There's not much of a difference between 80 people and 70,000,000 in the grand scheme of things, so why even bother pointing it out? Unless you're just a MSM-watching sheeple loser. wake up
    Hard to carve out an effective cabal from 70m competitors. Easier to do so from 80.

Comments

limitles: LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

For many years as a child my mum worked as a cleaner. She cleaned a working men's club and a infant school, so she must have dealt with some horrors on a regular basis. Were we poor? Sure. But so was everyone else in the area so we didn't really notice. That said, must be tougher these days to cope with relative poverty when the bling culture and global materialism are so rife.
    I'd agree that the atrocities that were smothered in the past must be harder to slough off now.
    Class distinction today may look different but it seems the "old boys clubs" of yesteryear exist today
    with more comfortable names.

Load Metric
    Whether 80 people or 1% of the population the exact number doesn't seem like the arguing point.
    Disastrous.
    Really you don't consider 85 people vs 70 million people to be a significant difference? I mean it's only a 1:1000000 miscalculation.....

what we are talking about is 1% vs .000001%. Does that not make you question the websites that you are getting your info from when they can't even do grade 6 math or understand it for that matter (directed at OP)?
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 02-01-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Disastrous.
    Really you don't consider 85 people vs 70 million people to be a significant difference? I mean it's only a 1:1000000 miscalculation.....

what we are talking about is 1% vs .000001%. Does that not make you question the websites that you are getting your info from when they can't even do grade 6 math or understand it for that matter (directed at OP)?

Sorry Geeker I did not do the math nor do I ever intend to.
    However, whether or not I represented the numbers haphazardly or not, neither number
    would be good in any circumstance, unless life landed you the land of plenty or you work/stole your way to the top.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They deflect from the argument by picking on nonsense..like when Romney (who I'm no fan of)was providing a sound economic argument George Stephanopoulos asked him about condoms..progressives are idiotic.

Load Metric

However, whether or not I represented the numbers haphazardly or not, neither number
    would be good in any circumstance, unless life landed you the land of plenty or you work/stole your way to the top.
    But there is a difference. The 85 people controlling 50% of the wealth is a very different situation and would look like a legitimate Hunger Games or Mad Max scenario.

But I do feel the need to say if you want to argue income disparity you have to be honest with yourself and argue that we are part of the problem. The study in question is looking at income disparity on a global level. Even the poorest mofo on pokerfraud alert is living a life that is above 50% of the world's population. The reason for this is that western societies have indirectly benefited from the 1%. You want to lower income disparity across the world that's great. But are you willing to have your quality of life drop? People wrongly assume that their quality of life will increase. But that's not the case. We are already well above the median and living a lavish life. Are you ready to give up your big screen tv and second car? Take public transit? Give up fancy restaurants? Give up poker? Because your discretionary income is certainly going to drop. If you really want to fight income disparity that's what you're going to have to do....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

But there is a difference. The 85 people controlling 50% of the wealth is a very different situation and would look like a legitimate Hunger Games or Mad Max scenario.

But I do feel the need to say if you want to argue income disparity you have to be honest with yourself and argue that we are part of the problem. The study in question is looking at income disparity on a global level. Even the poorest mofo on pokerfraud alert is living a life that is above 50% of the world's population. The reason for this is that western societies have indirectly benefited from the 1%. You want to lower income disparity across the world that's great. But are you willing to have your quality of life drop? People wrongly assume that their quality of life will increase. But that's not the case. We are already well above the median and living a lavish life. Are you ready to give up your big screen tv and second car? Take public transit? Give up fancy restaurants? Give up poker? Because your discretionary income is certainly going to drop. If you really want to fight income disparity that's what you're going to have to do....
    First of all, I was not arguing anything other than power structures that allows the elite to maintain their status based on accumulated wealth.
    You bring into the picture whereby people in position to make serious unearned money are essential to the "lower classes" comfortable status.s

Never mind the truly poor who are raped the worst because their governments are broke and croooked

Thread Information