Thread: I present the most under reported story in the US media

Platinum
    Load Metric

I present the most under reported story in the US media

I've been contemplating starting a thread on this in the last few weeks because it's so under reported if at all. It took 18 headless bodies being in found in a tourist area of Mexico to finally make headlines. Drudge linked to a story by ABC News finally. ABC News actually has this story buried, but Drudge linked to it so it'll get views.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/18-hea...7#.T60eXOhYshV

Have a look at what's been going on in Mexico, look at the dates, it's almost like a full blown war zone.
    "Graphic Images" Hopefully you can get it translated, GC isn't auto translating it for me today, Edit now its translating.
    http://www.blogdelnarco.com/

Load Metric
    paging El "Guapo" Gallo

I saw this on tv yesterday. Its not too far from where his Mexico house is.

Load Metric
    Much like the Mafia and other organized crime, I find if you just mind your own business and don't get involved your body will likely not be found hacked-up with your penis in your mouth or something along those lines. It just seems like such a shitty life (even if you make truckloads of money) to have to constantly look over your shoulder and live in fear of assasins,traitors, and law enforcement.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Well if any of you guys needed even more of a reason to push you over the edge and quit smoking weed or any other Mexican drug imports, look what your money is funding.

Load Metric
    Gallo just told me its right by his ranch and its actually drug dealers killing other drug dealers, so it not necessarily a bad thing.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    At least 9 more deaths posted since I posted this 2 hours ago. For reals, Mexico is totally out of control.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah, serious question... how many innocents are really dying there?

And how many of the people killed are police officers or military, taken out in retaliation?

If it's just criminals killing criminals, it's not a huge deal. If innocent third parties are involved, it's a very big deal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Well if any of you guys needed even more of a reason to push you over the edge and quit smoking weed or any other Mexican drug imports, look what your money is funding.
    Well maybe they should end the drug war and just let people grow weed. I don't think anyone really needs the government to protect them from all those evil people who choose to smoke an herb that makes them just so violent and aggressive...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

And how many of the people killed are police officers or military, taken out in retaliation?

If it's just criminals killing criminals, it's not a huge deal. If innocent third parties are involved, it's a very big deal.
    Or how many are "covert" operatives?

I say arm the innocents and let them get rid of the problem themselves.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by curt8105 View Post
    Well maybe they should end the drug war and just let people grow weed. I don't think anyone really needs the government to protect them from all those evil people who choose to smoke an herb that makes them just so violent and aggressive...
    Everyone welcome the retard of the day- Curt!

Legalizing weed will still make it a sought after commodity, maybe even more so. These growers and dealers would be operating without the fear of prosecution then.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Legalizing weed will still make it a sought after commodity, maybe even more so. These growers and dealers would be operating without the fear of prosecution then.
    Ok genius if people could grow their own weed it would raise the supply. It's not going to change the demand much if any because people who would smoke prolly already do so it will drop the value and profitability of distributing. Why should people fear prosecution for growing a natural plant? Does it really harm anyone else?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Ok genius if people could grow their own weed it would raise the supply. It's not going to change the demand much if any because people who would smoke prolly already do so it will drop the value and profitability of distributing. Why should people fear prosecution for growing a natural plant? Does it really harm anyone else?
    Yeah, I don't really see any downsides to marijuana being legalized. The price would go down, too. The indirect/direct costs incurred by the suppliers are factored into the price, which are in turn paid by the consumers. These costs would obviously go down if marijuana were legal.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Well no way to know for sure, but many elected officials who aren't corrupt and people who dare speak against the drug gangs are routinely tortured and killed. Many of these could be innocent family members of gang members.

Either way for the sheer amount of violence and brutality right on the other side of our porous border to go almost completely unreported in our media while Kardashian, Paris and Lohan grab headlines daily is strange IMO.

We have no idea how hard it is to for hard working, honest people to not fall in alliance with a cartel because of threats against family members etc.

Some senior cartel members tell you drive this package etc. let them use your property etc or we"ll kill you and whatever family member what's your play?

If you think it would be smart to delete this thread, go for it. Let the big media outlet's get around to it.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 05-11-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Load Metric
    Weed?

Mostly meth that they make in Mexico and coke from other countries coming through Mexico I think.
    Local people are getting serious meth addictions too.

Just make all drugs legal and so much crime disappears. Not just legal but government controlled registered users so the price is low, and no money to be made by scumbags. Come down super hard on any black market.
    Deal with the consequences, educate the users, discourage abuse. Mostly concentrate on discouraging meth and coke and heroine abuse.

Too many people in prison that are directly drug related, and so much more crime is to get $ for drugs.
    I think you'll be surprised how much crime is related to feeding addictions.

Prohibition does not work, it goes against human nature.

*added some more*
    On a side-note how many people are murdered over drug debts?
    How many civil wars are funded by drug money?
    Terrorists in Afghanistan control the Opium trade I hear. (or perhaps the warlords in general along with other influences)
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 05-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Thread Information