Thread: Goldmining...The Epic Adventure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Goldmining...The Epic Adventure

This story is presented by PFA productions and exclustively owned by Bruce S. Richardson. Rights pending.

Brought to you in color and black and white it will run approximately every week.

I hope you enjoy it.

Open music, listen and read

Some men foolishly seek riches...When they lay right before them

Unknown

Episode 1. The rescue.

June 1873. Arizona territory.

Indian Sam on the left, Sonny Richardson in the middle, Ken Gillespie on the right.

''How hot do you think it is out here Ken?'' Says Sonny

''Well a lot colder in Chicago I think.''

''Ah yes Chicago. But never a bluer sky than this. Reminds me of sister Helen's eyes.

''What a woman Ken. I loved the woman I did. Glory to God what a looker! Eyes...Eyes that shined like diamonds in the sky they did. But the trouble was her being a nun I sure wasn't ever going to get none.''

''Hah hah! Even a stupid Hopi indian understands that one Sonny.''

''So Sam how hot do you think it is?''

''What difference does it make Sonny. It aint going to change. We been searching for this gold for 8 years now. Since you two got out of the army and stayed here.''

''Yes a dream it is my friend and it's going to someday come true.''

''Well is had better happen soon Sonny as my wife Karen is getting a little round around the ears about it. Man she figures should be at home with the family more. Youngens to bring up also.''

''Ah yes your wife Karen. Never a better woman I tell you. You're a lucky man and I'm sorry to have to drag you into my dreams. But admit it, you also have an inkling to be rich I know don't you?''

''Well who don't Sonny? What kind of stupid question is that old friend?''

Just then they hear a scream.

''Trouble! Let's go!'' Yells Sonny.

And when getting to where they heard the scream they see a young indian girl on the ground.

But they also hear something else.

And Sonny pulls his Colt 45 and shoots the snake.

Then pulls his knife and cuts the girl's leg and begins to suck the blood and poison out.

''Sam get to that hill there and see if there's a village or something on the other side and shoot your pistol if there is.'' Says Sonny.

And Sam took off.

Reached the hill.

And then fired his pistol.

''Help me Ken get her up on my horse. I sure hope they have a good medicine man there. It also looks like she hit her head on that rock there. Poor young thing.''

The blank screen below will indicate when the scene is over.

Last edited by son of lockman; 09-03-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Load Metric
    Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 5554
Size:  12.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Episode 2

The reward

And so the trek to the village began.

''Look! White men come!''

''Sonny I no like this. These people are Apache. They no like Hopi Indians.''

''Just keep your fingers steady on the trigger fellas. If there's any shooting to be done I'll start it.''

Then a man came forward and said.

''Give her to me.''

''Snake bite. She has also hit her head upon a rock.'' Says Sonny.

''I will care for her. Ride forward.''

And so they rode forward to a man who appeared to be maybe a leader.

''I am Cheif Holachi. Leader of these Apache people. I see you have brought one of our own to our village. Who are you called?''

''Yes cheif Holachi she was bitten by a snake and hit her head on a rock. My name is Sonny Richardson. These are my friends. Ken and Sam.'

''Why are you in our land Sonny Richardson?''

''Prospecting Cheif is why we our here.''

''You are a fool to look for the yellow oro.''

''Well why don't you let me be the judge of that Cheif. Every man has his dream.''

''Come by the fire. We must talk.''

''You drink. It is good. You will like.''

''Sure what is it Cheif Holachi?''

''Mixture of aqua from cactus and power of the hashish plant.''

And Sonny takes the bottle and begins to drink.

''Hmm good Cheif. Thanks. Hits the spot after a hot day it does.''

Sam thinks in head

''Oh brother Sonny has no idea what that stuff is going to do to him.''

And then Sonny passed it to Ken who drank and then Sam.

''Sonny Richardson I am a peaceful man. But you are in a dangerous land. Geronimo, Cochise make war on the white man. In some ways they are right. White men come to this land and kill the buffalo. Iron horse cut the land with a fury like your soldiers on their horses. We starve while your people grow fat off our lands.''

''Cheif Holachi you are right. My people have done many wrongs in this land. But war is a bad thing as Ken and I have been through it. I lost my brother in the war that raged between the white man. Ken saved my life that day when he shot straight and killed the man who was going to kill me after he killed my brother. Yes war is terrible as I have been in it and seen it with my eyes. Maybe I am bad also to seek the yellow oro. But if I find it yes I was have some fun with it. But afterwards I wish to farm and raise cattle. To feed the starving people out there such as the Apache. I wish to do good Cheif Holachi as my God has written it his book that is what to be done.''

''Yes Sonny Richardson you sound like a good man. I believe you.''

''For your honor and courage to bring this young girl to our village you will be rewarded. Tonight you and you friends will sleep with Renuella and her sisters. Look upon her Sonny Richardson.''

Sam thinks in head

''Goog God I can only think what her sisters look like.''

Then says

''Cheif Holachi I am a Hopi Indian. Enemies of your people. For me to do something as to sleep with a woman of your tribe would be disgracing you.''

''Yes you are right as I thought you were Hopi. Hopi very ugly people. Yes a disgrace if were to happen.''

Sam thinks in head

''Well you don't have to be mean about it Cheif. But if sleeping with her and her sisters is my reward then yes I'm glad to be a ugly Hopi Indian.''

Ken says.

''Cheif I'm a married man. These kinds of actions are not permitted in my culture. I love my wife and if she caught wind of my doing something like this I might wake up in the morning with part of me missing. And I'm not talking about my gold tooth in my mouth. But Sonny here, he's a single man. Always roaring and ready to go. He's your man Cheif. Sonny Richardson.''

''Yes I understand.'' Says the Cheif.

''Then it will be you Sonny Richardson who shares the teepee with Renuella tonight until morning comes.''

Last edited by son of lockman; 02-16-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sonny stands up and says

''Well I aint going to do it! Damn you and your mouth Ken Gillespie. Damn you to Hell!''

The Cheif's warrioirs scensing his displeasue raise their bows at the three.

''Sonny I think if we want to make it out of here alive you might reconsider and take the Cheif up on his gracious offer.''

''God in Heaven why me?! Why wasn't I bitten by the serpent my Lord?!''

And then Sonny threw his hat to the ground!

And as Sonny walked toward the teepee Renuella thought.

''Hee hee. I give this white man Sonny Richardson good one. One he never forget.''

And as Sonny enjoyed the conforts of Renuella until the morning.

Ken played love songs all night long until morning on his guitar.

Last edited by son of lockman; 08-18-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Episode 3

The map

And so Sonny emerged from the teepee in the morning.

With a sour look on his face.

''How you doing old friend? I trust you slept well? Some Jo by the fire there for you.'' Said Ken

''You and that blasted guitar Ken Gillespie. I ought to bash it over your head.''

And with that Sonny kicked the coffee cup and pot from the fire. Come on you two let's get saddled up and get out of this God forsaken place.''

''Sonny Richardson come with me. I wish to speak with you.''

''Sure Cheif Holachi what is it you wish to speak with me about?''

''That girl that you helped and brought to our village will be well says my medicine man. He says only the fast action that you had saved her life. That girl is my daughter.''

''Well that is good to hear Cheif Holachi. But I would do the same for anyone. That's the kind of man I am.''

''Yes I know Sonny Richardson. There are few upon this land as you.''

And with that Sonny beamed inside. Little shit that he was. But you got to love him.

Sonny Richardson far to the north there is a place where the yellow oro is much. I have made a drawing for you where it is. But remember what I have told you. Only a fool seeks the yellow oro. The good things in life are the wind and soil. Friendship also. These things are free and many more. One thing more I must tell you. The last white men that went there for the yellow oro never returned as it is on sacred Wynovi burial ground.''

''Hey Cheif Holachi you didn't say anything to Ken and Sam about this did you.''

''No only you Sonny Richardson.''

''Good as I'll take care the the explaining to do. Those 2 are afraid of their own shadows and it has to be done just right.''

And then the Cheif took Sonny's hand and cut it and his own.

''We are now brothers Sonny Richardson.''

''Yes brothers for life Cheif Holachi.''

And as the sun rose in the sky, Sonny in the middle says.

''Boys we hit the mother lode we did.''

''What do you mean Sonny?'' Says Sam

''Got me a map from the Cheif. He says all we have to do is pick it off the ground. Easy as that.''

''Well that sounds great Sonny. Karen will love to hear that.'' Says Ken.

''Yep all we have to do is raise a stake for the things we'll need. And I know just how to do that.'' Said Sonny

And Cheif Holachi thought to himself.

''Me wonder if I do the right thing by giving Sonny Richardson drawing where the yellow oro is. It will only cause him sorrow and pain if he finds it.''

And then they came to a river and Sonny said.

''Yes life is beautiful as the Lord made it. And simple too. It's just all so simple.''

But as we all know, life is not simple as the best things in life are free. Yes Sonny would find out that only a fool seeks the yellow oro.

Last edited by son of lockman; 02-16-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  GIF-Parrot-vs.-Cat.gif
Views: 2696
Size:  1.82 MB

this thread has potential.

Thread Information