Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troll David Sklansky live on twitch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
    He also folded (no limpers, no raisers) in the cutoff with 66 and 32bbs. He said: "I'm folding here because this hand can't stand a re-raise". Huh?
    Is that in the tourney he played? LOL! All you have to do is make it like 2.1x BB and you will get so many folds but if not you might get a call from the BB then you can cbet take it on a majority of flops.

If you get re-raised then you can reevaluate but with 32bbs this should be the only play here.
    Stacks seem perfect to set up a 4-bet shove if you get 3-bet, from the cutoff anyway I think that it's a mandatory play against reasonably active players. #nitbucks

Comments

duped_samaritan: Nitfail

Load Metric
    Best part from the bits I seen - was that he was speaking with an air of huge authority while making decisions that have no place in the modern game.

You need way more than just discipline and math nowadays. Which it seems is all he has to offer.

That said, I think the joke is on us when it comes to criticizing his plays... Because peado or no peado. The creepy looking cunt is a self made multi-millionaire. Which was all gained around the game of poker.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 555
Size:  29.4 KB

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    What made me laugh was he gave 5% freeroll to a guy then when he made the money he whined that he did it. DUDE MAN UP AND PAYUP WITHOUT WHINING.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Best part from the bits I seen - was that he was speaking with an air of huge authority while making decisions that have no place in the modern game.

You need way more than just discipline and math nowadays. Which it seems is all he has to offer.

That said, I think the joke is on us when it comes to criticizing his plays... Because peado or no peado. The creepy looking cunt is a self made multi-millionaire. Which was all gained around the game of poker.
    I think his money came from selling books, which partially came from being in the right place at the right time, and partially came from writing poker books when there weren't many quality books out at the time.

I don't think he won all that much playing poker. I have to imagine that he's been a losing player over the last several years.

Gold
    Load Metric
    lol he's streaming right now and talking about sue

Load Metric
    It's like watching Abe Simpson play poker.

Gold
    Load Metric
    lol he doesnt know how to add a new table to the stream after he busted the mtt...so sue came over and did everything for him and set up his twitch layout...LULZ

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I think his money came from selling books, which partially came from being in the right place at the right time, and partially came from writing poker books when there weren't many quality books out at the time.

I don't think he won all that much playing poker. I have to imagine that he's been a losing player over the last several years.

Ya that was pretty much my point. He's made his bank from other areas of poker and has had no financial need to keep up with the evolution of the game.

It's just cute hearing his thought process during hands thinking he's passing on some superior knowledge. While in reality, what he's saying is beyond stale.

Also when I first started playing, his book was a 'must read' according to all the poker commentators around that time.

I never did get around to reading it (or any other book for that matter), but wonder how it would be rated by todays crop of top pro's.

Load Metric

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I just clicked on the first video and its LOL even before the play starts.

He's a total gormless fuck trying to get the software to work, and then has to shout to Sue to sort this shit out. Sue pops up with a cameo and gets it working straight away.

Name:  sklansky.gif
Views: 534
Size:  1.44 MB
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurabsal View Post
    Who is this Ihateplo cunt who keeps banning me?
    You mad bro?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Yeah, if there's 2 limpers in front of you in a cash game, that's awful. Raises after a third limper are not that common, especially in a lower limit game.
    I don't hate the overlimp. I think 1/2+ on wsop.com is more aggro preflop than you give it credit for. Many regs will see 3 limps and significantly widen their iso ranges in position. Raising is probably still better (because now they think you're isoing and might 3bet you wider, etc), but it's not awful with the right table/stack sizes.

Anyway, I sweated Sklansky's stream and intentionally waited until there was a seat open at his table to late register the Sunday mtt. I got the seat to his direct right. Through a combination of real-time observations of his play and seeing his holecards 3 minutes after the fact it became clear he was making folding mistakes and not really paying much attention to the table when he wasn't involved in the hand. At least he was willing to talk; several times I thought he articulated his thought processes well (even if I sometimes disagreed with him). MTT poker is about fighting for the blinds and antes and it's a lot easier to fight for them when I get two buttons per orbit.

Load Metric

Bought a VHS of his way back pre internet when I had to order things from the Gamblers Book Shop. Really excited till I got the tape. Biggest waste of $30 ever. He goes on for 5 minutes on how to figure the odds of getting dealt AA. Just a bunch of useless info. Never got anything else by him. Maybe his books were better.

Comments

Jayjami: GBS rep.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Todd you are a lair. You have stated multiple times that you never made fun of Sue... however I'm listening to an old radio show today and you said this line

"It's not big news like david sklansky keeping a monster in his basement" what monster are you referring too? The disabled girl you said you never made fun of?

Comments

pagelpoker: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Todd you are a lair. You have stated multiple times that you never made fun of Sue... however I'm listening to an old radio show today and you said this line

"It's not big news like david sklansky keeping a monster in his basement" what monster are you referring too? The disabled girl you said you never made fun of?

lol tell me you haven't been up all night listening to mountains of archive because you recall Druff saying something negative about Sue many moons ago?

Comments

pagelpoker: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

lol tell me you haven't been up all night listening to mountains of archive because you recall Druff saying something negative about Sue many moons ago?
    Nah like to listen to old radio shows before the market opens and after. Just happen to run across this one, there are multiple shows where he calls her a monster etc. I just think he needs to stop saying that he never made fun of her when he clearly did. I don't give a fuck that he did, I just think it's dishonest for him to lie about it.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: i bet sklansky sings nursery rhymes while he shaves her box

Load Metric
    Name:  lolmason.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  29.5 KB

just playing a tourney with a pic of mason on my shirt

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A real pro is streaming atm. He also won that little thing called the WSOP main event a few years back:

http://www.twitch.tv/greg_merson

Load Metric
    BTW on a side note, I actually noticed that raising the limpers preflop a lot in a low-liimt NL game actually works pretty well, because most people are straightforward, you can bet them off lots of hands postflop
    #protip

Comments

RegGaymer: protwat

Thread Information