Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troll David Sklansky live on twitch

Load Metric
    I don't claim to be a tournament poker expert, but I can't see how this is winning poker except against the lowest level of competition. Unless he plays totally different against a tough field.

Load Metric
    It's a tournament time machine circa 2005.

Abc Tight passive. His thought process lacks any depth. Must be small buyin?

He's limps to bubble with small stack & wins some fips.

Zero entertainment value.

That Sirius involved in this in any way hurts me -

Sirius, perform a public service and tell this guy he's a mouth breather and has appeal only if your a dentist.

It's like watching Ernie Banks play baseball. Sad nostalgia, cause both these guys are dead.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Who is this Ihateplo cunt who keeps banning me?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Sirius, perform a public service and tell this guy he's a mouth breather and has appeal only if your a dentist.
    If you can't see the entertainment value in old man Sklansky playing poker with a bird and a cat while hundreds of trolls react, then I can't help you.

I just... I just can't.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    What a fucking nit!

Two limpers and he completes jj from the sb instead of raising.

He was probably hoping to limp re-raise.

He limped KK in a full ring $1/2 NL game in part that I saw from last night in mid position after two others limped saying he was doing it in hopes someone else raised preflop. LOL at limp re-raise play in a cash game especially from MP.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

If you can't see the entertainment value in old man Sklansky playing poker with a bird and a cat while hundreds of trolls react, then I can't help you.

I just... I just can't.
    I restarted just as he exited maybe 13th for $333.

With absolutely no regard for his audience, he just pulls the plug.

No tournament wrap up. No "thank you for tuning in"

Any further broadcast from this guy is just an exercise in ego and should be mocked.

I have played with countless guys who were good/great players and were funny & entertaining. I continue to believe that somebody with any sense of production could package a good twitch show.

You, Sirius, should be that guy given your skills & experience. Sad dude.

Load Metric
    said "ok" then closed twitch down once he was knocked out. apparently according to sklansky the only reason he's doing this show is mason asked/told him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    said "ok" then closed twitch down once he was knocked out. apparently according to sklansky the only reason he's doing this show is mason asked/told him.
    Aha, a 2+2 fail. Now I understand.

Here's to watching the poker boom generation age badly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    What a fucking nit!

Two limpers and he completes jj from the sb instead of raising.

He limped KK in a full ring $1/2 NL game in part that I saw from last night in mid position after two others limped saying he was doing it in hopes someone else raised preflop. LOL at limp re-raise play in a cash game especially from MP.
    The open limping from KK isn't that bad, provided you know that some players acting after you are likely to raise. I know it's a cash game, though, so that makes it worse, as a bunch of limping is more likely.

The JJ complete from the SB is awful, because the chance that the BB will squeeze is fairly small, and then JJ is hard to play postflop against various hands that can almost have any 2 cards (including the BB which really CAN have any 2).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The open limping from KK isn't that bad, provided you know that some players acting after you are likely to raise. I know it's a cash game, though, so that makes it worse, as a bunch of limping is more likely.

The JJ complete from the SB is awful, because the chance that the BB will squeeze is fairly small, and then JJ is hard to play postflop against various hands that can almost have any 2 cards (including the BB which really CAN have any 2).
    Oy ve.

Dinosaur David Sklansky, a relic from the boom tries to tackle Twitch at the behest of Mason. Sirius is somehow on the periphery of this epic fail........ and the KK hand is what you find interesting?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I didn't get to see either Twitch appearance, so that's all I can say right now.

I'll try to catch the next one, though I'm likely to be banned if I use my own name. Maybe I'll try and see what happens.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

He's not open limping KK two people limped in front of him and Sklansky was in mid position.

I don't hate it UTG, UTG+1, or UTG+2 even though if it gets raised then you re-raise when it comes back around to you it gives away your hand strength since only rare person re-raises on a bluff there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

He's not open limping KK two people limped in front of him and Sklansky was in mid position.

I don't hate it UTG, UTG+1, or UTG+2 even though if it gets raised then you re-raise when it comes back around to you it gives away your hand strength since only rare person re-raises on a bluff there.
    Yeah, if there's 2 limpers in front of you in a cash game, that's awful. Raises after a third limper are not that common, especially in a lower limit game.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW on a side note, I actually noticed that raising the limpers preflop a lot in a low-liimt NL game actually works pretty well, because most people are straightforward, you can bet them off lots of hands postflop, and you always get paid off when you hit.

Of course, this doesn't work well against good/observant players, so this strategy gets pwned silly at 5/10 and 10/20 (or even tough lower games online), but I noticed it seems to work well against games mostly full of rec players.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Why don't you guys watch a real sport like League of Legends?

Load Metric
    He also folded (no limpers, no raisers) in the cutoff with 66 and 32bbs. He said: "I'm folding here because this hand can't stand a re-raise". Huh?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
    He also folded (no limpers, no raisers) in the cutoff with 66 and 32bbs. He said: "I'm folding here because this hand can't stand a re-raise". Huh?

Open folding 66 in the cutoff is like proof positive that you're a losing player.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Is that in the tourney he played? LOL! All you have to do is make it like 2.1x BB and you will get so many folds but if not you might get a call from the BB then you can cbet take it on a majority of flops.

If you get re-raised then you can reevaluate but with 32bbs this should be the only play here.

Load Metric
    Is that in the tourney he played? LOL! All you have to do is make it like 2.1x BB and you will get so many folds but if not you might get a call from the BB then you can cbet take it on a majority of flops.

If you get re-raised then you can reevaluate but with 32bbs this should be the only play here.

Yup, this was in the tourney today. Playing so tight it was nuts.

I'll say again that I'm not claiming to be a tourney expert, but IMHO the order of what to do with that hand in that spot looks like this:

1) Raise
    2) Call
    3) Fold

With fold being a waaaayyyyy distant third place.

Load Metric
    I didn't get to see either Twitch appearance, so that's all I can say right now.

I'll try to catch the next one, though I'm likely to be banned if I use my own name. Maybe I'll try and see what happens.
    all past streams available below:

http://www.twitch.tv/twoplustwo_poke...ast_broadcasts

Thread Information