Thread: Everything old is new again

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Everything old is new again

Most of you probably don't give a shit about this, but here is a history behind some of the screen names and PFA forum names I've used -- all of which date back to the '80s.

Dan Druff: I used this as a screen name on some computer bulletin boards (BBSes) in the '80s, though it wasn't one of my main ones. I did not originally intend to be known as "Dan Druff" in poker. However, as it was my most common screen name on the early sites I played (Planet, Paradise, Pokerstars), I became known as Dan Druff before I associated my real name with it in 2005. By then, it was pretty much set in stone that people knew me as Dan Druff, so I stuck with it. I also signed up as Dan Druff on neverwinpoker in 2004, BEFORE telling anyone there (including Micon) my real name.

Kilowatt: Kilowatt was never used here, but it was the name I used on 2+2 in 2013 and 2014 when they let me come back, but laughably I was not allowed to use the name "Dan Druff" there. (This was a directive from David and Mat Sklansky.) I was allowed to say that I was Dan Druff, I just couldn't BE Dan Druff there. Weird, but then again, when has Sklansky ever NOT been weird? Kilowatt was my name on a very strange and eclectic BBS in 1989 called "David's Amazing BBS", and I then used it again as my login to a college UNIX system in 1993. Most notably to me, Kilowatt was my first online poker account ever. I used it on Planet Poker in February 2001, but the account soon developed an issue where it had a negative balance, and they had a hard time fixing it. To remedy the situation, I just created dan_druff there, which became my second online poker screen name ever.

Flying Stupidity: This was the name of a fake account I created on a BBS in 1987, after being kicked off. The name has no meaning. I just thought of it out of the blue and created the fake, which lasted for a few months while I got increasingly obnoxious with it, and it was eventually deleted. In 1991, I briefly had a college radio show called "Flying Stupidity", which lasted a few months. The name was not used again until over 20 years later, when PFA started.

The Hacker's Delight: It's currently the name of a little-used forum on PFA, but it was originally a piece of phone hacking software that I wrote for the IBM PC in 1986.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    History behind Bullet Bill?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    History behind Bullet Bill?
    No history. Bullet Bill is a character in Super Mario Bros.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    It wold be more interesting if you explained your non outed screen names.

Load Metric
    When I talk to my grandkids about bracelet winner Dan Druff, I'll be linking to this thread, for sure.

Comments

DRK Star: My kid is writing his Junior Theme on him

Banned
    Load Metric
    don't forget Action Jackson

Banned
    Load Metric
    RIP Kilowatt

was a helluva run

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The Hacker's Delight: It's currently the name of a little-used forum on PFA, but it was originally a piece of phone hacking software that I wrote for the IBM PC in 1986.
    Please tell more. Did telecom work for 20 years. Got into the business in '86. Curious at what you were up to.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Please tell more. Did telecom work for 20 years. Got into the business in '86. Curious at what you were up to.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phreaking

Mostly stuff like that.

Load Metric
    How did you come up with the name Pooh, Druff?

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: If you were in the room I'd suck you off with eye contact.

nunbeater: lol

ToasterOven: lols

4Dragons: needs a comma after Phooh
    Last edited by JUSTIFIEDhomicide; 01-21-2015 at 07:58 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Thread Information