Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: VEGASPOKERRADIO.COM AKA THE REAL MERGE NETWORK

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    VegasPokerRadio.com is functional now with a landing page that has our logo and a statement I wrote up for FilthyLimper.com
    good luck my friend. what are the ground rules if any for naked avatar pictures with some sort of writing?

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    VegasPokerRadio.com is functional now with a landing page that has our logo and a statement I wrote up for FilthyLimper.com

Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Have you guys given any thought to how the forums at vegaspokerradio.com and the pokerfraudalert.com Flying Stupidity forum will co-exist?
    We will co-exist fine. There won't be any competing for members from PFA. My goal is to get new members introduced to Vegaspokerradio.com forums by listening to our programming and reaching a broader audience than we have in the past. This will in turn help PFA as well due to those who will hear about this site that hadn't and join. One example of this already is the very good relationship that Jasep has with Kevmath, who will be helping to promote our site and that in turn will bring people here as well. I will also add that our forum and brand will eventually develop its own identity. I realize this will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    First off the Drexel/Druff show will be broadcast simultaniously on both here and on Vegaspokerradio.com.
    Just curious, how did Drexel get top billing? I thought it was Druff, et al?

Filthy Limper's plan for a 'radio network' is a good idea. I always wondered why some poker radio shows didn't join forces under one network brand but then again I do remember listening to a poker radio network show a few weeks ago. It was an afternoon poker show broadcast over the regular airwaves (and online) but I thought I saw some podcast shows on their website as well.

If we indeed use our names in the title of the show, I will of course concede that Druff's name go first. he is the bracelet winner after all No discussion has taken place yet in regards to the name of our show.

In actuality Vegaspokerradio is absorbing the filthy limper brand as our core show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Huge fucking LOL to the new clown radio network. Jesep was thanking his listeners/fans/sponsors like he just won The fucking Masters. You're less than nothing. A bunch of guys with zero charisma and Brandon get together to start a mass fail website. LOL

Brandon could have signed with the Yankees...instead he didn't even settle for the KC Royals...He's the prized free agent who ended up signing with a single A ball team.
    To be clear, I am the one who approached both Jasep and China in regards to starting this project. I proposed my ideas and vision to them and soon after we were all on board. After I left dd, I was approached by many people in regards to joining an existing project or beginning anew, but I felt the most comfortable with this. I will have the control to finally bring to life many of the concepts I have wanted to for quite some time. I also had no need to worry about the technical aspects of starting a project as big as this. I unfortunately can only contribute a small amount to that due to me basically being totally inept in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Oh.
    Well........I guess this is as good a time as ever to introduce The President of Vegaspokerradio's forums. Vegas will be running the forums. There will not be any other mods. He will have total autonomy and support from the three of us in running the forums. There will be more on this later but I'm very excited he is going to be a huge part of this project.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Honestly, as long as Drexel doesn't burn out and pick one over the other, it benefits all involved. PFA might actually benefit more considering Drexel could have just went to Vegas Poker Radio for a % and said forget PFA if he chose to. Druff will always to a degree be associated with Donkdown/NWP. That prevents any real promotion on 2+2.

"
    I am fully committed to this and realize the amount of time that I will need to put into this on a weekly basis. I understand that I will have to adjust my schedule. I am not concerned about the potential of becoming burnt out. I feel invigorated to be part of something that I can control and implement the things I want to do.

I will state on the record that as long as Druff is committed to doing a show with me, I will give it my all. I realize that I could just do shows under the VPR brand, but Druff and I have great chemistry, the community wants a weekly joint show with us, and we both are on the same page continuity wise and in our ideology of what we want to produce.

If I have failed to address any questions, please re-post them and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner.

The one thing I will promise all of you is that no matter what, even if this project fails, it will not be for lack of effort. We have all seen forums pop up left and right throughout the years, but this is going to be different.

Load Metric
    Oh.
    MOLE! you lie.................
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Oh.
    this is going to look bad on your reseume

Baron Von Strucker wrote:
    vegas you druffs mole??

vegas1369 wrote:
    LOL! Fuck no! I was just wondering who it was actually while also wondering what exactly a Buck n-word is. I think I just figured that out though.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    We will co-exist fine. There won't be any competing for members from PFA. My goal is to get new members introduced to Vegaspokerradio.com forums by listening to our programming and reaching a broader audience than we have in the past. This will in turn help PFA as well due to those who will hear about this site that hadn't and join. One example of this already is the very good relationship that Jasep has with Kevmath, who will be helping to promote our site and that in turn will bring people here as well. I will also add that our forum and brand will eventually develop its own identity. I realize this will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    First off the Drexel/Druff show will be broadcast simultaniously on both here and on Vegaspokerradio.com.
    Just curious, how did Drexel get top billing? I thought it was Druff, et al?

Filthy Limper's plan for a 'radio network' is a good idea. I always wondered why some poker radio shows didn't join forces under one network brand but then again I do remember listening to a poker radio network show a few weeks ago. It was an afternoon poker show broadcast over the regular airwaves (and online) but I thought I saw some podcast shows on their website as well.

If we indeed use our names in the title of the show, I will of course concede that Druff's name go first. he is the bracelet winner after all No discussion has taken place yet in regards to the name of our show.

In actuality Vegaspokerradio is absorbing the filthy limper brand as our core show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Huge fucking LOL to the new clown radio network. Jesep was thanking his listeners/fans/sponsors like he just won The fucking Masters. You're less than nothing. A bunch of guys with zero charisma and Brandon get together to start a mass fail website. LOL

Brandon could have signed with the Yankees...instead he didn't even settle for the KC Royals...He's the prized free agent who ended up signing with a single A ball team.
    To be clear, I am the one who approached both Jasep and China in regards to starting this project. I proposed my ideas and vision to them and soon after we were all on board. After I left dd, I was approached by many people in regards to joining an existing project or beginning anew, but I felt the most comfortable with this. I will have the control to finally bring to life many of the concepts I have wanted to for quite some time. I also had no need to worry about the technical aspects of starting a project as big as this. I unfortunately can only contribute a small amount to that due to me basically being totally inept in that area.

Oh.
    Well........I guess this is as good a time as ever to introduce The President of Vegaspokerradio's forums. Vegas will be running the forums. There will not be any other mods. He will have total autonomy and support from the three of us in running the forums. There will be more on this later but I'm very excited he is going to be a huge part of this project.

Very happy about this. Great decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Honestly, as long as Drexel doesn't burn out and pick one over the other, it benefits all involved. PFA might actually benefit more considering Drexel could have just went to Vegas Poker Radio for a % and said forget PFA if he chose to. Druff will always to a degree be associated with Donkdown/NWP. That prevents any real promotion on 2+2.

"
    I am fully committed to this and realize the amount of time that I will need to put into this on a weekly basis. I understand that I will have to adjust my schedule. I am not concerned about the potential of becoming burnt out. I feel invigorated to be part of something that I can control and implement the things I want to do.

I will state on the record that as long as Druff is committed to doing a show with me, I will give it my all. I realize that I could just do shows under the VPR brand, but Druff and I have great chemistry, the community wants a weekly joint show with us, and we both are on the same page continuity wise and in our ideology of what we want to produce.

Oh, I know PFA radio will be good, it's already been good without any preparation. You two always have good chemistry. I haven't heard enough of all the other hosts to form an opinion, but they all seem like smart guys, so I'm sure it will be a quality product. I didn't realize until after I posted how much content VPR plans on. I was thinking a show featuring you and the current hosts, with the others just involved in the forum end, not an everyday line-up with a bunch of different segmented programming. I was just thinking that it may work out well that Druff prefers to remain autonomous. While you are associated with DD, Micon and Druff were the face, particularly as far as Mason was concerned back when there were issues. That's simply where the numbers are as far as new people. VPR will have many faces and doesn't bring that stigma that resulted in insta-deletes at the mere mention, and the cross-promotion hopefully brings you to people that don't know you, and bring others here that might have normally not heard about the show. I'm convinced once they hear a Druff/Drexel show, PFA will keep them.

If I have failed to address any questions, please re-post them and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner.

The one thing I will promise all of you is that no matter what, even if this project fails, it will not be for lack of effort. We have all seen forums pop up left and right throughout the years, but this is going to be different.

Load Metric

vegas you druffs mole??

vegas1369 wrote:
    LOL! Fuck no! I was just wondering who it was actually while also wondering what exactly a Buck n-word is. I think I just figured that out though.
    Name:  1310480585093.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  34.8 KB

I was never a mole for Druff, or anyone for that matter.

Load Metric

vegas you druffs mole??

vegas1369 wrote:
    Name:  1310480585093.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  34.8 KB

I was never a mole for Druff, or anyone for that matter.
    May be wrong here.......if so, I humbly appoligise.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 05-12-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Great news regarding Vegas and his role at VPR. His talents are being wasted currently at DD and this represents a superior opportunity IMO.

Congrats Vegas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Great news regarding Vegas and his role at VPR. His talents are being wasted currently at DD and this represents a superior opportunity IMO.

Congrats Vegas.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    Congrats Vegas!

You did a fine job at DD.

Does that mean you are leaving that position at DD?

Load Metric
    Thanks to both Druff and Drexel for answering my question about how you envision the two sites' forums co-existing.
    Chinamaniac, no offense, but neither your "millions of forums" response nor your "Druff has a website. We will have a website" response answered my question.

I'm all for growing membership and participation. Speaking for myself as a "consumer", there is definitely room for more quality podcasts and radio shows and similar programming.... As for forums, however, I can foresee how overlapping users and content could hurt one site or the another... especially when a comprehensive and established site like 2+2 comes back. I'm not likely to want to visit three (or more!) poker forums regularly. So to the extent the VPR forums can set themselves apart from being poker-centric (despite the name VegasPOKERradio), I think that helps.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Congrats Vegas.
    Thanks guys, appreciate it. Definitely looking forward to this, I think it has outstanding potential.

Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Congrats Vegas!

You did a fine job at DD.

Does that mean you are leaving that position at DD?
    Thank you. And yes, I will no longer be a mod at DD. I will still be a member though.

Load Metric
    Does that mean Mycon has to moderate his own site now?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Awesome n ews guys, best of luck and I will be watching out for all the new stuff...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't see why they can't both become successful. IMO this idea has great potential to bring in new listeners thus expanding the pie which will benefit everyone involved. Also this is a great move by Druff because PFA is such a specific niche that he needs a presence on a site like VPR so when something big happens in the poker world PFA will be easily found and become well known as the place to go for info.

Load Metric
    I wish I could find the post, but I remember 3 or 4 years ago saying that there should be poker radio network that focuses on Vegas life, a show about sports betting during FB season, some strat, etc. IIRC, only Jewdonk agreed with me at the time, as Druff didn't have the time as games were good, and Micon struggled to fulfill less obligations. I have no idea about the associated costs, and it may take a while to ramp it up to that level, but I'm looking forward to the new site. Besides sports and a few cable series like Breaking Bad, I watch very little tv, but always have podcasts going while I'm doing something else, whether it's poker-related, Bill Simmons, Joe Rogan, various investment pods, whatever. I'd rather listen to a bunch of guys whom I'm familiar with.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    you mean there's a job open there????

I wonder...........

Let Dirtyb run wild.

Thank you. And yes, I will no longer be a mod at DD. I will still be a member though.
    RIP Mushroom stamper

Load Metric
    Lol vegas1369 leaves for 1 day and DD crashes? Is this TRUE?

Thread Information