Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: VEGASPOKERRADIO.COM AKA THE REAL MERGE NETWORK

Load Metric
    I think it is safe to say that Drexel, Jasep, and China teaming up is a good thing. If Drexel had gone on to do his own thing, than that would be at least 4(?) different poker sites branched out from the original NWP which is a bit of an overkill. They've got a lot of work ahead of them, but this is really the best of all worlds.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    There is a saying in business....the only ship that won't sail is a partnership. Druff has learned that the hard way...you would have thought Brandon would have too. Down the road, somebody is going to think somebody else isn't putting in the required amount of time/effort and there will be problems. Guaranfuckingteed.

<snip>
    Completely agree! Partnerships can be good and fun when all is well - but as soon as problems happen, or when the going gets tough, disagreements will also happen and the partnership will almost always go south due to internal conflicts even when the business idea is sound.

I am sure most wish the new venture well, but those of us with experience (I have partnerships scars) see what is almost sure to come. The best hope is that all but one of the partners will quickly tire of the idea and just drift away without consequence, but that is not always the way it goes - sadly.

Everybody wants the fun of the business and are willing to do the fun stuff, but few will stick with doing the shit required to keep the business going. You get no thanks, and you are indispensable.

Take my advice ...

One person should take the lead right away and take the title CEO and take the responsibility of the decisions. Advice can be sought, profits (if any), and accolades can be shared, but the buck has to stop somewhere.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Isn't it amazing the great things that can happened when you get rid of the dead weight, lazy fucking worthless jew slot junkie who wouldn't get out of bed everyday if he didn't have to?

You wouldn't have got past "Mycon why don't we....." before he went into an incoherent kush induced rant about some get rich quick scheme and the "direction" HE wanted to go in that was destined for fail just like his entire life.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    There is a saying in business....the only ship that won't sail is a partnership. Druff has learned that the hard way...you would have thought Brandon would have too. Down the road, somebody is going to think somebody else isn't putting in the required amount of time/effort and there will be problems. Guaranfuckingteed.

<snip>
    Completely agree! Partnerships can be good and fun when all is well - but as soon as problems happen, or when the going gets tough, disagreements will also happen and the partnership will almost always go south due to internal conflicts even when the business idea is sound.

I am sure most wish the new venture well, but those of us with experience (I have partnerships scars) see what is almost sure to come. The best hope is that all but one of the partners will quickly tire of the idea and just drift away without consequence, but that is not always the way it goes - sadly.

Everybody wants the fun of the business and are willing to do the fun stuff, but few will stick with doing the shit required to keep the business going. You get no thanks, and you are indispensable.

Take my advice ...

One person should take the lead right away and take the title CEO and take the responsibility of the decisions. Advice can be sought, profits (if any), and accolades can be shared, but the buck has to stop somewhere.
    I tend to agree with this in certain circumstances. But from what I've heard and read so far it seems their roles are clearly defined in the new venture, which is incredibly important. DD was a clear example where roles were not expressly given and parameters not set. Without a SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) there is chaos, if everyone understands what their role in the company is, and how to handle issues then all is well...

Too many cooks in the kitchen does indeed spoil the soup, but if you have a Head Chef, a Sous Chef, a Pastry Chef, and all of your line cooks, overssen by a kitchen manager then things will run pretty well. On the other hand DD was a case of the General Manager telling the Head Chef he was cooking the entrees incorrectly and the Head Chef telling the Pastry Chef he couldn't make a soufle... Roles were not defined and stengths were not played to.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Thanks for the info Pete, appreciate it, I have been reading up on that topic for a long time now.

Brandon, China and myself all have clearly defined roles that we are all happy with and happy with what each other is doing.

The simple version of what we are doing is consolidating everything that we already do separately in to one place to pump out as much content and enjoyment as possible for everyone.

I have taken the criticism's that everyone has given me, reviewed them, listened back trying to be as unbiased as possible and realized I do need improvements in some areas and have sought out the people and tools to improve.

Nothing we are doing can be considered a bad thing, its a joint effort to improve what we all have to offer.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Have you guys given any thought to how the forums at vegaspokerradio.com and the pokerfraudalert.com Flying Stupidity forum will co-exist?
    What do you mean? There are millions of forums on the internet

china, that was a valid question, and your answer is that?

i foresee problems in the future, especially if your new venture blows up and affects traffic here,

and then vegasradio.com will not be a friend of pfa

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post

i foresee problems in the future, especially if your new venture blows up and affects traffic here,

Agreed, I was surprised by China's flippant answer to a legit question.

China, there are not millions of forums on the internet vying for the greater DD/PFA/Boris/Skatz/Tyde/Venom/poker/degen etc group of posters.

I think the merger is great and I am looking forward to future, but Sandwich still posed a good question.

Load Metric
    Oh.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs9Dizzle View Post
    I think it is safe to say that Drexel, Jasep, and China teaming up is a good thing. If Drexel had gone on to do his own thing, than that would be at least 4(?) different poker sites branched out from the original NWP which is a bit of an overkill. They've got a lot of work ahead of them, but this is really the best of all worlds.
    This is right on the money. The 3 of us (and our team) have big expectations and are all ready to work endlessly to get the best product up for the users. At the same time we are 100 % going to be working with pokerfraudalert and they will be working with us to make this a great community for the users.

The 3 of us are pretty laid back and level headed with our approach which I think which is what will ultimately make things work good for both us and our users/listeners

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Our goal is to put out the best product we can and work with PFA to make both sites a smashing success

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

China, there are not millions of forums on the internet vying for the greater DD/PFA/Boris/Skatz/Tyde/Venom/poker/degen etc group of posters.

I think the merger is great and I am looking forward to future, but Sandwich still posed a good question.
    I answered this below and now above

Load Metric
    Looking forward to the new site and radio.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually, I can understand what a lot of you are thinking.

On the surface, it might appear that VegasRadio will be a competitor to this site, especially because it will have a forum.

I'll try to answer your questions about this, and I will be completely honest:

Question: VegasRadio is going to offer a forum and a radio show, and in fact will be featuring one of your show's co-hosts. It will also be aimed at a lot of the same people that visit PokerFraudAlert. How can you not consider them competition?

Answer: I am not running PokerFraudAlert to support myself, or even to make money. I'm operating it as a hobby. I don't see other sites as "competition", even if they are similar to this one in some ways. The only expectation I have is for this site to be treated respectfully. If a site was attempting to steal my users and pressure them not to post here, that would piss me off. However, if a few guys want to take a crack at running their own poker forum, who am I to object? I don't feel that I have the right to be the only guy running a poker forum or a poker-based radio show, even within this little sub-community. Anyone can put up any site at any time. As long as they treat this one respectfully, I am fine with it. This isn't just the good-PR answer. It's the truth.

Question: Why are you not involved with the ownership of the new site? Do you not trust China, Jasep, and Brandon? Did they refuse to work with you because you're difficult?

Answer: I have made it very clear that I don't want to co-own any sites again. I have told people this both publicly and privately. After the fiasco on DD, I decided that I would only get involved in running a site again if I had full ownership. I actually really like China and Jasep, and Brandon and I have put our past problems behind us and are friends again. This is why it will be so easy to have a friendly relationship with VegasRadio. However, I just don't have an interest in ever sharing ownership in a site again. I like how it is on PFA, where it succeeds or fails solely based upon my own decisions and level of dedication.

Question: Wouldn't it be better to merge this site with the new VegasRadio site, rather than have yet another site serving the same community?

Answer: For reasons stated above, this isn't possible because I don't want to share ownership in any site. Besides, the two sites will have different focuses. I still want PFA to be the go-to place to discuss scams and scandals in poker, while VegasRadio will not be concerning themselves as much with that. The two sites might have some duplication in users and content, but both will fill a unique niche. Furthermore, the two sites cross-promoting one another will likely result in increased traffic for both places.

Question: What if VegasRadio takes off and PFA's traffic slips? Will that piss you off and cause you to break your loose partnership?

Answer: No. If PFA's traffic slips, it will be my fault as a site operator for not providing good enough content to keep people here. I will never blame other sites for drawing away users, unless they are maliciously doing so (which won't be the case here). I am sure that the VegasRadio owners feel the same way about PFA, if the reverse happens.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

Our goal is to put out the best product we can and work with PFA to make both sites a smashing success
    you, my fat friend, are delusional if you think there is enough interest for another forum

imo it would have been better if pfa was under the vegasradio banner, but with druff controlling it, and have full ownership

a somewhat separate entity

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

you, my fat friend, are delusional if you think there is enough interest for another forum

imo it would have been better if pfa was under the vegasradio banner, but with druff controlling it, and have full ownership

a somewhat separate entity

We are looking to make this into something bigger than "just another forum" and we will do everything we can to make sure we do our best to make it succeed.

Our focus will be on the website as a whole and we are going to try and provide a radio show every day of the week for listeners.

So are you saying we should build a site and give Druff full ownership and full control of it?

Load Metric
    Honestly, as long as Drexel doesn't burn out and pick one over the other, it benefits all involved. PFA might actually benefit more considering Drexel could have just went to Vegas Poker Radio for a % and said forget PFA if he chose to. Druff will always to a degree be associated with Donkdown/NWP. That prevents any real promotion on 2+2.

Vegas Poker Radio will be allowed to be commented on over there as long as it isn't viewed as spam. With Kevmath association, VPR will be granted a wider latitude on 2+2, and once people start hearing Drexel, they'll want to listen to anything he has on, because there isn't anyone interesting doing poker radio elsewhere. By interesting radio, I'm talking outside this circle of people. So with cross-promotion, they'll follow him here. If Druff was directly involved in VPR ownership, I'm not sure that latitude is granted.

Forums are way overrated. Almost all ad revenue is radio generated with the current state of poker, and it won't negatively affect the forum anyways. That was why I never understood Micon's decision screwing with the radio show on DD. Those free bottles of scotch at the Palms and the perks around town were from radio listeners. I don't think anyone has ever gotten perks because someone came up and said, "man, post 27 in that Micon is this true thread on DD was killer."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

To expand further on this Tony here was his question.

Have you guys given any thought to how the forums at vegaspokerradio.com and the pokerfraudalert.com Flying Stupidity forum will co-exist?
    I still don't know exactly what this means by co-exist Tony.

Druff has a website. We will have a website.

We get a long with Druff, Druff gets along with us.

We want to work with Druff and Druff wants to work with us. There is no bad blood amongst and hope to help each others sites in any ways we can.

Load Metric
    It is a win win for Druff and Drexel as they are moving on from the juvenile and unprofessional platform that was DD/NWP. In fact there are many posters who have "grown up" and have made a stronger community.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

To expand further on this Tony here was his question.

I still don't know exactly what this means by co-exist Tony.

Druff has a website. We will have a website.

We get a long with Druff, Druff gets along with us.

We want to work with Druff and Druff wants to work with us. There is no bad blood amongst and hope to help each others sites in any ways we can.
    China, my previous post was worded very poorly. What I agreed with was that I was surprised by your response regarding millions of forums, not that it would be difficult for the forums to coexists. I think it is a valid question, but that's not what I was agreeing with.........

OK, I don't really like my response here either so I going to drop it. Your follow up responses will suffice as far as I'm concerned.

Sheesh, long week I guess...

Load Metric
    VegasPokerRadio.com is functional now with a landing page that has our logo and a statement I wrote up for FilthyLimper.com

Thread Information