Thread: Does anyone know of a blu-ray or media player that has Twitch?

Load Metric

Does anyone know of a blu-ray or media player that has Twitch?

Anyone? I haven't been able to find one yet. I really would like to be able to watch Twitch streams on the big screen without hooking up my laptop.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Google Chromecast is super cheap and should would just fine for this.

Load Metric
    Ask Srslysirius
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    So I went to http://www.twitch.tv/ and I still have no fucking clue what it is? People livestreaming themselves playing videogames? That's a thing?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    So I went to http://www.twitch.tv/ and I still have no fucking clue what it is? People livestreaming themselves playing videogames? That's a thing?
    Jason Somerville, Jonathan Little, and a few others have started live streaming poker.

Banned
    Load Metric
    They have an unofficial app for Roku.

Load Metric
    I've been playing video games for 25 years and I don't get it either. Now that there are professional Starcraft and League of Legends players, I guess people want to see what makes them so special.

The really crazy part is that Amazon recently paid over a billion dollars for that site. But if you think about it, that's a great ad platform. You have a very specific demographic and you know they spend money on video games. A billion fucking dollars sounds a little excessive, though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/01/bu...mers.html?_r=0

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I've been playing video games for 25 years and I don't get it either. Now that there are professional Starcraft and League of Legends players, I guess people want to see what makes them so special.

The really crazy part is that Amazon recently paid over a billion dollars for that site. But if you think about it, that's a great ad platform. You have a very specific demographic and you know they spend money on video games. A billion fucking dollars sounds a little excessive, though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/01/bu...mers.html?_r=0
    I don't think it's so different from passively watching sports or other games. Playing basketball is a hundred times more fun than spectating in my opinion. Times a million for poker, but people still do it. I can understand the appeal.

It can be convenient. Sometimes I watch "Let's Play" videos of games from the 80s and 90s. I can relive those games vicariously for 15 minutes without having to track down old disks or cartridges or downloading emulators. It's not as satisfying as playing the game myself, but it's close enough.

Some people watch to learn. I used to play DotA and Civ4 quite a bit and saw value in watching experts play the same games as me.

Many streamers are very entertaining. In poker, Jason Somerville is a good example. Actually, Sticky Rice may be the best example. You're not just watching the game, you're watching a performance.

There's also a social aspect. All these streams have chat rooms. Many of them are interactive. This is the very reason some people tune into PokerFraudAlert every week even though they find Druff's talking points boring.
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 01-16-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: a word

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    This is the very reason some people tune into PokerFraudAlert every week even though they find Druff's talking points boring.
    SHOTS FIRED

Thread Information