View Poll Results: anyone buying any facebook stock?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 6.25%
  • No

15 93.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone buying any facebook stock?

Load Metric

anyone buying any facebook stock?

Facebook has set the price for its initial public offering at $28-$35 a share, reportedly valuing the company between $85 and $95 billion.
    With Facebook planned date for its initial public offering on May 18 anyone getting in first day?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnDew View Post
    Facebook has set the price for its initial public offering at $28-$35 a share, reportedly valuing the company between $85 and $95 billion.
    With Facebook planned date for its initial public offering on May 18 anyone getting in first day?
    Name:  BadDecision.gif
Views: 633
Size:  184.2 KB

Load Metric
    google plus has some good ideas, but implementation and usage has been bad/low. Nonetheless, I'd bet on them, or a new entrant into the social media game taking over within 3 years. Just like how fb took over from myspace. Methinks it'll be an interface much like webcam sites, where thats the primary function, and typing things in a forum/message board type format becomes outdated.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wonder what Scott Mattusow thinks.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Sale price is based on almost 100x current profits. Sounds like one to steer clear of.

Technology changes too quickly to make this a good buy. Look at myspace, AOL, netscape, nokia - all massive market/brand leaders at one time now overtaken.

I expect the price to go up in the short term but then slide backwards to a more realistic valuation.

Load Metric
    Another thing - I just don't see anything particularly clever about FB.

It was a good idea, but technologically simple; it has first mover advantage and built up a huge user base. But it is easy to copy and there will be 10,000 other startups all gunning to take a piece of the pie, and I think a few will succeed.

Load Metric
    For what its worth Google went public in 2004 with at P/E of 120 at $85 a share. It now trades at roughly $650 with a P/E of 22.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Does anyone else feel that maybe FB should of went public 2-3 years ago? Was there a reason why they didn't?
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    There is quite a bit of chatter that a correction is imminent.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    There is quite a bit of chatter that a correction is imminent.
    Be a contrarian and you'll make money in the market. If you listen to cnbc all day you're going to lose big time.

Load Metric
    Totally agree with this you are better off going with PSMT in my opinion or something that has a higher return rate as of late. Also helps that it at least provides a dividend even though not anything amazing.

Basically the Costco for all da mexicanos in South America.

Name:  MVCI-enjoys-a-night-out-at-PriceSmart.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  88.6 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Sale price is based on almost 100x current profits. Sounds like one to steer clear of.

Technology changes too quickly to make this a good buy. Look at myspace, AOL, netscape, nokia - all massive market/brand leaders at one time now overtaken.

I expect the price to go up in the short term but then slide backwards to a more realistic valuation.
    What a beating FB has taken - down 50% in 2 months.

We called it in the poll results for this thread.

FWIW I think there is still more downside for FB, and GRPN (down 80% this year) as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

FWIW I think there is still more downside for FB, and GRPN (down 80% this year) as well.
    I feel better about Facebook than Groupon, but their stock offering was an overhyped mess.

Load Metric

Well of course there is more downside. Like 1.something billion shares are being unlocked in November. After that bloodbath you can possibly buy.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Another example of corporate greed. Gekko would have been proud. Apple is a good pick and will continue to climb as the 5 approaches quickly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Another example of corporate greed. Gekko would have been proud. Apple is a good pick and will continue to climb as the 5 approaches quickly.
    I have $185 saved so far for the sickest phone in 2013-2014

I would liquidate my net worth if it wasn't clothing in a box and invest ALL of it on Apple stock right now.

I do have an insider, she does not breach contract, but know this- Apple is going to change the game, very soon.

Think- Mac (superior) vs PC (ugh)

and now superimpose onto your day to day life, all devices Apple=Continuity vs um...a pc world of slog where shit never works is usually incompatible and just sucks overall.

Apple is DEFINITELY going to change the entire landscape of day to day life for probably tens of millions of people globally imo. Bet the farm, borrow if you have to.

Last predictions I made- Giants winning world series at start of season, niners to beat new orleans and giants to beat green bay at home in the same weekend, I hardly EVER make predictions, and right now I would literally leverage.....ALL OF MY CLOTHING (every fucking sock)(even the thin low cut ones I love because they fit my Nike Free's like a glove) right now on every shred of Apple stock I could get.

If you have better than used clothing to invest in the stock market, make it Apple, and buy me something nice when you cash in please.

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

I would liquidate my net worth if it wasn't clothing in a box and invest ALL of it on Apple stock right now.

I do have an insider, she does not breach contract, but know this- Apple is going to change the game, very soon.

and now superimpose onto your day to day life, all devices Apple=Continuity vs um...a pc world of slog where shit never works is usually incompatible and just sucks overall.

Apple is DEFINITELY going to change the entire landscape of day to day life for probably tens of millions of people globally imo. Bet the farm, borrow if you have to.

Last predictions I made- Giants winning world series at start of season, niners to beat new orleans and giants to beat green bay at home in the same weekend, I hardly EVER make predictions, and right now I would literally leverage.....ALL OF MY CLOTHING (every fucking sock)(even the thin low cut ones I love because they fit my Nike Free's like a glove) right now on every shred of Apple stock I could get.

If you have better than used clothing to invest in the stock market, make it Apple, and buy me something nice when you cash in please.

TIA
    Lol you are the last person on earth who should be giving people advice on what to invest in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

TIA
    please stop lying again

like some bigshot at apple is going to give some super moist bi-polar skin walker some inside info about the most valuable company in the world

edit:
    and why don't you just fuck scuter already

has he even responded to you in the last month? i honestly don't know but it seems like your love is unrequited. might want to try to get heeb to give you a handy while he is on the pipe. (no homo)

Silver
    Load Metric
    You should definitely be saving up for a phone, Mike.

You know, to go with your tarantula.

Priorities.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    You should definitely be saving up for a phone, Mike.

You know, to go with your tarantula.

Priorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Thread Information