Thread: Bovada deposit question

Load Metric

Bovada deposit question

Have mainly been playing wsop.com the last year. Mostly $1-2, $2-4 PLO and PLO/08 when the games go. Tired of playing with the same nitty people.

I logged into bovada for the first time today and saw they have some high stake PLO (10-20) going. I don't want to deposit with my own cc, as I'd rather deposit with prepaid. Does anyone know a proven prepaid that works on the site? I saw on some forum that international netspend cards work but the info was over a year old.

Zod appreciates in advance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, I am told only the international cards work. However, you have to register them. ID verification, SS# etc.. These are the black VISA netspend.

Bovada told me there is a Silver Netspend card that you don't have to register but I could not find any of those at the 2 locations I visited.

They also said make sure it doesn't say for USA domestic use on the card and make sure to get only the VISA.
    Last edited by Reno; 01-14-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You probably see this guy butters in your wsop.com PLO games if you are playing them cause he plays all day every day and streams them.

http://www.twitch.tv/butterspoker

Yes some prepaid visa cards work but they must accept international transactions. Netspend I believe is a popular one that works but please don't quote me on that.

If you haven't deposited in a long time try to get them to waive the credit card fees for the deposit (them fees are a real ripoff).

You might want to try calling them which the number is on the website and ask. Since you are in Vegas I would ask what your options are to cashout in Nevada because I heard something was going on with that lately so check now before you deposit to see if it is worth it to you.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 01-15-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Have mainly been playing wsop.com the last year. Mostly $1-2, $2-4 PLO and PLO/08 when the games go. Tired of playing with the same nitty people.

I logged into bovada for the first time today and saw they have some high stake PLO (10-20) going. I don't want to deposit with my own cc, as I'd rather deposit with prepaid. Does anyone know a proven prepaid that works on the site? I saw on some forum that international netspend cards work but the info was over a year old.

You might want to check what games are running on WPN.

The traffic over there is gaining steadily.

Also, call and see if they will let you do Western Union or Moneygram those are always coming and going and might be a better option for a larger transfer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    You probably see this guy butters in your wsop.com PLO games if you are playing them cause he plays all day every day and streams them.

Yes some prepaid visa cards work but they must accept international transactions. Netspend I believe is a popular one that works but please don't quote me on that.

If you haven't deposited in a long time try to get them to waive the credit card fees for the deposit (them fees are a real ripoff).

You might want to try calling them which the number is on the website and ask. Since you are in Vegas I would ask what your options are to cashout in Nevada because I heard something was going on with that lately so check now before you deposit to see if it is worth it to you.
    lol I remember butters. I played PLO with him a lot when I lived in Reno. Surprised we didn't lose our chat the way we went at it for about a week. It started when I put a bad beat on him on the river. He called me a pussy for always limping on the button, he always pot raised OTB with any 4 cards.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

I use my international visa prepaid no problems works everytime, never had to verify anything
    myprepaidbalance.com

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Never had a problem with America s card room..I've used green dot and excella and no credit card fees

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got a black NetSpend, never have an issue.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post

lol I remember butters. I played PLO with him a lot when I lived in Reno. Surprised we didn't lose our chat the way we went at it for about a week. It started when I put a bad beat on him on the river. He called me a pussy for always limping on the button, he always pot raised OTB with any 4 cards.
    Some people play that way HU in PLO but I think it's terrible a lot of times although all depends on stack depths.

Position is huge don't get me wrong but doing that with weak shit rags means your opponent can find other ways to exploit you where you beat them in several small pots and they own you in pots that really matter if they are tricky enough to balance it properly.

I don't know about this guys style since I haven't really watched but I know he streams like 8 to 14 hours (or more) a day.

Load Metric

Ty all for your help.

Got money on with netspend international prepaid visa.

Absolutely amazing. I felt my first real rush playing online since black friday.

In the two days I've been on, there always has been a 5-10 and 10-20 PLO game going on, anywhere from 5-10 to 30-60 Omaha 8, and 20-40, 30-60 holdem. I haven't really watched the holdem enough to see how the games are but I haven't played mid stakes, high stakes holdem online in so long, I'm sure I'm a dog.

B&P, thanks for the info on butters. I have played more plo and plo8 hands on wsop with him than anyone else. I looked at his website today and was shocked at his "claimed" daily win rate, which he logs on there.

Granted, I haven't played as much as him and other regs, I do usually log 20 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less) always late at night exclusively playing PLO and PLO8.

I would agree he is a winner in the games but I have a hard time believing he is winning as much as he states. He claimed to have over 10 3k plus days and 4 10K plus days on that site in the last 30 days.

Many nights, there is no plo game going other than .50/$1. The highest plo game I've ever seen on there was 5-10 (which rarely goes and is usually hu). The 2-4 is really the big game on there when people are stuck, it goes, yet that doesn't go often.

I play NL on there when nothing else is going and I have noticed an interesting tidbit. They're basically 3 groups of players. The NL players, the PLO players, and the PLO players that play NL when PLO isn't going.

The site is basically all regs (wsop this past summer excluding) and you literally play with the same 20 person player pool all the time.

But a lot of the PLO guys get pissed (in chat, and talking amongst themselves) that they will go over to NL when the site is completely dead and help start NL games (when its not their favorite game and in a lot of cases not even a break even game for them), however the NL guys never come over to PLO to help start games.

It's funny. This is actually discussed a lot and bitched about regularly.

Anyhow, looking at butters stats, he claims to be killing wsop.com. He states he is up close to 70k in the last 30 days! I don't know the guy but jesus I find that very hard to believe. I thought about this often and came to the conclusion a while ago that you could grind a living playing wsop.com, I didn't find it remotely possible to grind a very good to high end living playing exclusively on there.

Sorry for the ramble. 4 cups off coffee already this morning and I'm flying tomorrow with my friend to the Isle of Mann for the first time and I hate long ass flights.

GS all

Zod

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ^^^ - Good read! Butters streams everything and I will click it on every now and then for about 2 minutes if I'm bored just to see how the guy is doing. I looked in his past stream archives and the guy has several sessions up 10+ hours and I even seen one like 21 hours long so he's definitely putting in as much volume as you probably can from wsop.com.

I don't know about his numbers but I have turned it on a few times to see him up or down a few grand. It's boring as hell to watch a guy play poker unless the person is very charismatic discussing various things not just poker which this guy isn't doing but I put the stream on randomly for a few minutes a night in the super late hours just to see what the games are like,etc...

I take interest in wsop.com because after Ultimate Poker closed I don't want to see them shut down as well since every failed experience with online poker can set back in branching off to legalization in more states which is the next step.

Bovada has lots of cash traffic for US players. If you are able to play on Sunday nights during football season that would probably be a great time when the donks take sports winnings to the poker tables or chase losses in them.

I wish PLO8 was spread much more everywhere cause that is a fantastic game with lots of ways to get creative. So many people have no clue where they are in a hand so they overvalue weak stuff too much or just the opposite not realizing they have a lot of equity in a hand.

Have fun in the Isle of Mann.

Load Metric
    I like Bovada, it's the only US facing card room I'll play at. Good PLO games and the PLO8 are even better.

I'll tell you where I wont play, Carbon. I've seen more shady stuff at the PLO tables on Carbon then I care to repeat. I've seen more 2-6 outers on Carbon then the rest of the sites combined.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I guess those long hours butters put in is paying off...He's still in the main!

Name:  butters.png
Views: 2121
Size:  2.1 KB

http://www.wsop.com/players/playerpr...layerID=184771

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Chip leader with 27 left.

Anyway, I might be depositing myself on Bovada. My 30k cushion I've been leaving myself (cashing out 9500 whenever I get to 40) may not be enough. I'm down to 9k, currently in an epic slump. Ugh. Still winning on there in 2015, but this is nothing like the end of 2014 where I just owned everyone silly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Chip leader with 27 left.

Anyway, I might be depositing myself on Bovada. My 30k cushion I've been leaving myself (cashing out 9500 whenever I get to 40) may not be enough. I'm down to 9k, currently in an epic slump. Ugh. Still winning on there in 2015, but this is nothing like the end of 2014 where I just owned everyone silly.
    Not really sure how you will get a good amount of money on Bovada and if you do how you will avoid the deposit fees. Let us know if you figure that out because it seems like they only want to take credit cards with the 4.9% vig.

Thread Information