Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Take Out Sushi in Vegas?

Load Metric

Best Take Out Sushi in Vegas?

I'll be in town on Valentine's/Presidents Day weekend. Planning to eat in before going to see a late show. So where's the best take out sushi?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    I though you were more into Keilbasa than sushi!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Musashi Japanese steakhouse has excellent sushi and most everything on the menu is great. Iirc they are open til at least 4am.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Musashi is indeed fantastic, but it's not takeout, and I've never seen sushi served there.

Load Metric
    PADRE HAS GONE OFF THE RAILS

Load Metric
    also takeout sushi what kind of shit do you want you can get amazing omakase stuff but literally if your getting some tempura and dragon rolls to go who gives a fuck where you get it

Load Metric
    also dumpling king in chinatown has soup dumplings and some of the worst decor ive ever seen like plastic eggplants on the wall and the chairs are this insane red color its worth it for the hilariousness

Comments

4Dragons: Now we're talking

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    plastic eggplants on the wall

blakes wife is this true?

Comments

lol wow: wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also takeout sushi what kind of shit do you want you can get amazing omakase stuff but literally if your getting some tempura and dragon rolls to go who gives a fuck where you get it
    OK... New question? Where should I get sushi off strip?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    kabuto

Comments

LLL: TY

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    OK... New question? Where should I get sushi off strip?

Musashi is the nuts for late night teppanyaki. They have a special after 11pm, that you can choose from a variety of ny steak, filet, chicken, scallops, and shrimp with fried rice, soup and a salad for like $18. They do have sushi but I think its more of an amenity, than a high volume product. I have tried a couple of items over the years and nothing has ever left me spellbound.

Naked Fish http://www.vegasnakedfish.com/ is where I go 85% of my time for off strip sushi for over 10 years now. Somehow around 6-7 years ago this place became the hot spot for sushi during the wsop. I mean, its like 12am/1am during the summer and its literally all poker players. Food is fresh. Prices are reasonable. Never been sick. They have a decent happy hour meal (if you dine in).

Sen of Japan http://www.senofjapan.com Very good as well. Off the strip. Around 2 miles from naked fish. I find when I want sashimi, I go there. Don't care much for their rolls. Also, they have a bigger variety of exotic seafood, as well as more hot food. i,e filets, miso seabass, cod, various types of chicken. Smaller place than naked fish and the service always seems to be more smug.

If you decide to splurge, here is my top 5 in order off the strip sushi restaurants (been to each one minimum of 15 times).

Got to go sweat my Oregon bet, but will go into detail about each one later of anyone desires me to.

1) Sushi Roku (Caesars Forum)

2) Blue Ribbon (Cosmo) This is where Cmoney and myself among others (Stamos, STBG,) have dined multiple times

3) Nobu (Caesars) Have eaten at both locations (Hard Rock was the original location) Very Very pricey but you can get items there you cant find anywhere else in
    Vegas.
    4) Sushi Samba (The Pallazo) Fish is always fresh, an absolutely amazing array of oysters (which I love) from bluepoints, to canadians on both coast, to my favorite, kumamotos off the coast of Oregon.

5) Koi at Planet Hollywood. Only stumbled into this gem after having comps for CET properties.

Comments

LLL: TY, sir.

sonatine: the advice of a made nigga.

Jayjami: Excellent Post

Load Metric
    There was a great little sushi spot across from the Hard Rock on Paradise... I think Barry told me that Carlos Santana used to all but live there when he was in town... did that place close?

Comments

LLL: sweet

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    There was a great little sushi spot across from the Hard Rock on Paradise... I think Barry told me that Carlos Santana used to all but live there when he was in town... did that place close?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kaizen-fusio...ushi-las-vegas

This place is very good. Also, open very late. 4am during the week and 6am on weekends.

I use to eat there quite often when I spent a lot of time on the strip playing live.

Eating there after 1am or so, you'll find a lot of strippers, bartenders, those in the service industry that have just gotten off work.

The price is kind of high compared to other off strip restaurants, but they have an insane variety of fish offerings. There sushi menu is 8 pages.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're a roll person or if you're with those who have a limited palate for sushi. Their cooked food menu is limited.

But their yellow tail jalapeno sashimi, tuna tartar, and yellowtail in a garlic ponzu sauce are exquisite.

Comments

LLL: Cool.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kaizen-fusio...ushi-las-vegas

This place is very good. Also, open very late. 4am during the week and 6am on weekends.

I use to eat there quite often when I spent a lot of time on the strip playing live.

Eating there after 1am or so, you'll find a lot of strippers, bartenders, those in the service industry that have just gotten off work.

The price is kind of high compared to other off strip restaurants, but they have an insane variety of fish offerings. There sushi menu is 8 pages.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're a roll person or if you're with those who have a limited palate for sushi. Their cooked food menu is limited.

But their yellow tail jalapeno sashimi, tuna tartar, and yellowtail in a garlic ponzu sauce are exquisite.

THANK YOU, yes.

Also the staff are total sweet hearts. Like if I had to choose one place to do a meal omakase it would be there.

Load Metric
    Oh, Vegas is filled with these all you can eat sushi places. I highly advise staying away from them. I realize they cater to people on a budget but when you're dealing with sushi, this is something I learned long ago you want to be picky about.

One case of severe food poison will teach you that.

Most of these places use low grade sushi (particularly salmon and tuna), they have a time limit on how long you can eat for, have rules that everything must be eaten or you will be charged, and MAINLY they order there fish twice a week (versus daily or every other day like top tier places).

You can def taste the difference in quality, texture and taste.

Don't bother. Splurge and spend the extra $20-$30 on better quality

Load Metric
    And in case its not obvious, never eat salmon, period. Not until salmon farms are outlawed. They even poison the wild fish down-current from them.

Comments

BeerAndPoker: salmon is gross rep

Load Metric
    Nice! My friend actually lives within walking distance of the Hard Rock!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Nice! My friend actually lives within walking distance of the Hard Rock!

Is he staying at those managed apartments next to that sushi place on Paradise? Because that place is weirdly clutch.

Load Metric
    He's a she... And it's a nice little apartment, yeah.

Load Metric
    This is making me very nostalgic for Vegas.

Thread Information