Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Oldest person in the world is donkdown.

  1. #1
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -109
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,067

    Oldest person in the world is donkdown.

    World's oldest person Emma Morano dies at 117

    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  79.2 KB

    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  89.6 KB

    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  88.8 KB

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39610937
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  2. #2
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1148
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,701
    Rip

  3. #3

     
    Comments
      
      simpdog: Had to be said
      
      MumblesBadly: Congrats! You win the unannounced contest for posting PFA's official RIP wish!

  4. #4
    The oldest living person in the world is always alive
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

  5. #5
    Platinum PLOL's Avatar
    Reputation
    850
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Trump 2020
    Posts
    4,379
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    The oldest living person in the world is always alive
    True. Also, the person who is the oldest person living in the world only lives another few months or so on average. 538 did an analysis on this once. Basically the "oldest person" in the world age has stayed pretty constant for a while now, despite medical advances. Possible that humans will never live past the 115ish mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

  6. #6
    Golf Professional Tegnation22's Avatar
    Reputation
    111
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    512
    Would anyone want to live that old?

    I think 90 would be my limit.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

    PGA Apprentice Teaching Pro

  7. #7
    Platinum PLOL's Avatar
    Reputation
    850
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Trump 2020
    Posts
    4,379
    Anything over 40 seems pretty unnecessary
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Anything over 40 seems pretty unnecessary
    Because sphincters tend to loosen up?

  9. #9
    Platinum PLOL's Avatar
    Reputation
    850
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Trump 2020
    Posts
    4,379
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Anything over 40 seems pretty unnecessary
    Because sphincters tend to loosen up?
    You speaking from experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

  10. #10
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4655
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,612
    Blog Entries
    2
    A French woman made it to 122. She's the only human being to have ever seen their 120th birthday, unless you want to count Moses.

    No man has ever made it to 117.

    There are a few unverified (and likely) untrue claims of ridiculously long lives, such as a man in Indonesia who says he's 147.

    It is true that, while human life expectancy keeps rising due to improvements in medical technology, safety, and hygiene, the maximum life expectancy remains constant.

    I don't believe we will see much improvement on that front until a method is found to slow the aging process.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: What about Methuselah??? Or do you doubt the veracity of the Hebrew Bible???

  11. #11
    Silver GringoStar's Avatar
    Reputation
    46
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    A French woman made it to 122. She's the only human being to have ever seen their 120th birthday, unless you want to count Moses.

    No man has ever made it to 117.

    There are a few unverified (and likely) untrue claims of ridiculously long lives, such as a man in Indonesia who says he's 147.

    It is true that, while human life expectancy keeps rising due to improvements in medical technology, safety, and hygiene, the maximum life expectancy remains constant.

    I don't believe we will see much improvement on that front until a method is found to slow the aging process.
    I think we will see it sooner than you think with stem cell rapidly advancing and quantum computers working on genetic code, not to mention things like nano bots. I don't think we will see 200 anytime soon, but I would bet that 110 becomes the new 80-90 in a few decades.

    HOWEVER, to your point, I have read in a few places that we believe that our average lifespan has improved drastically due to the ability to fend off disease and illness in our later years, when in reality the average lifespan has gone up mostly due to the 1st worlds ability to significantly reduce infant mortality rates. People used to have 10-15 kids because only a few of them would live past childhood. They used to not name children until they were a few years old because they were that fleeting.

  12. #12
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4655
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,612
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    A French woman made it to 122. She's the only human being to have ever seen their 120th birthday, unless you want to count Moses.

    No man has ever made it to 117.

    There are a few unverified (and likely) untrue claims of ridiculously long lives, such as a man in Indonesia who says he's 147.

    It is true that, while human life expectancy keeps rising due to improvements in medical technology, safety, and hygiene, the maximum life expectancy remains constant.

    I don't believe we will see much improvement on that front until a method is found to slow the aging process.
    I think we will see it sooner than you think with stem cell rapidly advancing and quantum computers working on genetic code, not to mention things like nano bots. I don't think we will see 200 anytime soon, but I would bet that 110 becomes the new 80-90 in a few decades.

    HOWEVER, to your point, I have read in a few places that we believe that our average lifespan has improved drastically due to the ability to fend off disease and illness in our later years, when in reality the average lifespan has gone up mostly due to the 1st worlds ability to significantly reduce infant mortality rates. People used to have 10-15 kids because only a few of them would live past childhood. They used to not name children until they were a few years old because they were that fleeting.
    What you're saying doesn't really apply to the past 80 years in the US, though. For example, let's go back 45 years, to the year I was born. I don't believe infant mortality in the US in 1972 was much higher than today (probably only a little bit due to saving babies with very serious medical conditions).

    Life expectancy in the US is definitely higher than it was a few decades ago, thanks to better medical technology and understanding. However, we still lack the two breakthrough cures -- heart disease and cancer. If those two are cured or mostly cured, average lifespan goes way up, but we probably still don't break 120 at maximum lifespan.

  13. #13
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4655
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,612
    Blog Entries
    2
    A stat I would like to see for life expectancy would be one that removes outlier deaths.

    So take out death by accident, violence, suicide, drug/alcohol abuse, extreme obesity, and unusual congenital conditions. So basically remove everyone from the calculation who died under 40, and then remove anyone over 40 who fits any of those categories.

    That would be more of an indication of how long the average person in each country can expect to live.

  14. #14
    In South Korea, the average woman may soon live to 90
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7ef5a16d5de6

    By 2030, the average male in the U.S. will live to 80 years old.
    By 2030, the average female in the U.S. will live to 83 years old.

    By 2030, the average male in South Korea will live to 84 years old.
    By 2030, the average female in South Korea will live to 90 years old.

    The United States is on par with Mexico as far as life expectancy.

    People live longer in many third world countries because they don't have as much crime, obesity, car accidents, drug use or settle their differences with guns as they do in the U.S. and they eat healthy and exercise.



  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    A stat I would like to see for life expectancy would be one that removes outlier deaths.

    So take out death by accident, violence, suicide, drug/alcohol abuse, extreme obesity, and unusual congenital conditions. So basically remove everyone from the calculation who died under 40, and then remove anyone over 40 who fits any of those categories.

    That would be more of an indication of how long the average person in each country can expect to live.
    Not an average person. A person who escaped any of those causes of premature death, most of which are beyond their control.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Going to kill the next person...
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 12:05 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 06:25 PM
  3. Pooh is a bad person
    By son of lockman in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:20 AM
  4. the most bigoted person ever?
    By Steve-O in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 10:35 AM
  5. Oldest Dealer At 2013 World Series Of Poker Killed
    By BUBBLES in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 09:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •