Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1Marley1 rep reparations thread.

Load Metric

1Marley1 rep reparations thread.

If you feel you were wrongly credited with a red rep by 1Marley1, reply in this thread and I will give you free green reps.

Name:  Marleyreparations.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  44.4 KB

Oh ya, and FUCK MARLEY (shout out to big dick).

Comments

PLOL: am I doing this right?

rickastley: ridiculous thread

anonamoose: do people actually still care about this?

simpdog: will do

herbertstemple: +1 for reparations for White people

4Dragons: All aboard!

Load Metric
    haha yeah of course FUCK MARLEY.. lol marley is the little black guy punching in op, that's hillarious

Comments

Ricky: reparations rep

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

Comments

Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    This is the, thin skin thread.

Comments

simpdog: welcome back

Sloppy Joe: dad

Load Metric
    shut up garrett.

Comments

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Also let me make myself perfectly clear:

“Can you not sleep either, Aunty?”
    The Princess of the Sun turns around as she hears the door to her dimly lit study creaking open, to see Princess Cadance sticking her head through the door, wrapped in a thick pale blue dressing gown, with a steaming mug of coffee in one hand. Princess Celestia smiles weakly, gesturing at the towering pile of paperwork upon her desk.
    “You know how it is Cadance, you need to keep on top of these things,” Princess Celestia says, a wan little smile pulling at the corners of her lips. Cadance's sceptically raised eyebrow makes it plain that she doesn't believe Celestia for a moment, and the elder princess sighs, rising to her slippered feet and running a hand through her dull-rose coloured hair.
    “There's no shame in admitting you're worried about her,” Cadance says softly as she walks into the room, igniting several of the oil lamps as she does so. Celestia nods, frowning slightly. Cadance has always been one of the sharpest people that she's known in her long life. Celestia turns her back on the table of paperwork, turning to the map table in the middle of the room, and beckoning Cadance over.
    “Mmm,” Celestia agrees softly, her gaze dancing over the wooden blocks on the table. “You're right... I'm worried about her Cadance, more worried than I should be.”
    “That makes two of us,” Cadance says as she joins Celestia at the table, her own nerves quite clear in her voice as she takes a sip of her coffee.
    “I don't know why I'm worried, you know, she's always come through before,” Celestia says after a second, unfolding her wings and shaking them out from where she's had them locked into her back for so long. Celestia knows she's doing her student a disservice by worrying, that her student has dealt most adroitly with other crises, and that's even before Celestia gave her her crown. However the worries are much like weeds. Every time Celestia tries to stamp them out, they just grow back with a vengeance, choking Celestia's thought processes and keeping her up at night.
    This would not normally pose a problem. The ageless Princess does not, strictly speaking, need sleep and she's managed to make massive progress upon her paperwork backlog. However it also makes her rather crotchety with her ministers, who do not appreciate being snapped at by an increasingly irritable Princess of the Sun.
    “You care about her, it's natural that you'd be worried,” Cadance says gently. “They threw Luna out on her ear after all, and from what we saw earlier tonight, things haven't been smooth. Do you think things will calm down when they get into the Khanate proper?”
    “Honestly, I'm not sure, Cadance,” Celestia says after a second. “Up until three weeks ago, I would have been able to give you a definite yes... but the only Equestrian presence there right now is the Empire Broadcasting Corporation... and the Legion Etrangere.”
    “The EBC hmm? You have a radio, right Aunty?”
    “Oh, that thing.” Celestia gestures at the radio set she'd been presented by the inventor, gathering dust as it stands upon the table, untouched since the day it was put into her study. “I've never figured out how to work it, it just squeals and screams at me when I tried, so I've given up on it,” Celestia says dismissively. She's never been a fan of radio, her more sensitive ears and skin picking up the squealing on frequencies that humans and even Equestrians cannot detect.
    Celestia watches as Cadance turns and trots over to it and starts fiddling with the device.
    “You really should try setting it up Aunty, EBC have an excellent selection of records and they have some very informed commentary pieces, some of the speakers from your school even come on occasionally and have very lively discussions,” Cadance says as she starts twirling dials, and making the device shriek.
    Celestia winces, putting a hand to her ears as she feels goosebumps ripple up her skin, however she watches in fascination as her niece works with the device. Celestia isn't that surprised that Cadance knows her way around a radio set, one of the Crystal Empire's primary exports is the crystals required to work the silly things.
    “Here we go,” Cadance says as she finishes adjusting the dials, and the squealing gives way to coherent if grainy speech, much to Celestia's relief.
    “Twilight should be landing in Tarhen about now,” Cadance says. “I thought we might listen in. Maybe that will ease your nerves?” she suggests, and Celestia nods, relief colouring her cheeks. Maybe Cadance is right, I probably should keep abreast of these new devices.
    A voice blooms from the radio, a male voice speaking in clearly accentuated Equestrian.
    “This is the Empire Broadcasting Corporation World Service news hour. Our focus tonight is, of course on events in the Khanate, where Her Royal Highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle is scheduled to arrive at Tarhen's main airport in ten minutes time for an emergency summit with senior representatives of the Khan government, though there has been no word from the Foreign Office about the topics to be discussed. However, an unnamed source within the Khanate Ministry of Foreign Affairs has suggested that...”
    Celestia smiles slightly. “His accent is hypnotic, I could stand to listen to him for hours,” she says, and Cadance snorts sardonically.
    “They take classes Aunty, they have to be taught to speak with pwoper diction. It's apparently all about sounding like they're your diwect offspwing,” Cadance says, putting a thick upper-class Canterlot accent upon her words that makes Celestia chuckle.
    “I don't actually sound like that, do I?”
    “No, they don't have female broadcasters in spite of my-”
    “Hush, they're getting back to the story,” Celestia says as Cadance frowns, but her ears likewise prick up. For her own part, Celestia doesn't want to hear another one of Cadance's monologues about women's rights right now. Normally, she'd be quite receptive, but right now she has other things on her mind, her most faithful student among them.
    “And now we are going live to Tarhen where our correspondent, Broadcaster Burrows is currently standing by for Her Highness' arrival.”
    “Thank you, Clear Signal, and welcome to our listeners, we are currently coming to you live from Tarhen’s Skyport. Princess Twilight's airship, the HMS Equerry, is now landing. As you can hear around me, the local population is out in force to greet the Princess... There are Khans from the Foreign Ministry waiting to see Her Highness, Mahmoud Zaklem, Meytme Ad-Dwans and Amman Sotronar are among them, all senior Khan diplomats with years of experience. We hope that they will be able to come to an accommodation with Her Highness.”
    “Inconsequential nobodies,” Celestia turns to see Princess Luna striding into the office, dressed in uniform as always. “I spoke to all three of them, and they were all too willing to say yes to anything I said, but they never actually did anything,” Luna's voice is dark as she joins Celestia and Cadance. “We are listening to Princess Twilight's arrival in Tarhen, yes?”
    Celestia nods, frowning. She's trying to listen, and her sister can be incredibly vocal with her opinions at times, however Celestia's aware that Luna may have a point here.
    “The airship has now touched down... a ramp is being wheeled up to the entry hatch, a red carpet behind it. The Khans are standing at a respectful distance from the entryway. There is a band playing the Khan national anthem,” the broadcaster continues, and Celestia notices Cadance likewise frowning. “The ramp has been wheeled up and is now in position. All eyes are now upon the entryway from which Princess Twilight will shortly emerge. She will take questions from the press before travelling into Tarhen proper. We have been informed that Princess Twilight will be staying at the- wait a moment... I see movement at the stern of the ship. There is a ramp being lowered.” Celestia takes a deep breath and reaches out for Cadance's hand. This is it, three weeks of waiting and nerves all come down to this moment.
    “We're moving round to try and- excuse me sir- get a better view of the rear of the airship. The ramp is down now... there are soldiers coming down the ramp. They are carrying rifles with bayonets fitted... Wait, I'm seeing a carriage coming down the ramp now, there are soldiers on the carriage. I see a girl- The Princess! Her Royal Highness Princess Twilight has landed in Tarhen by carriage... she will bring the carriage around and meet the delegates... the carriage is continuing to move through the crowd. It does not appear to be slowing down or showing any signs of turning.”
    Celestia blinks, startled. She'd hoped Twilight would stop and converse with the delegates, she'd hoped that Twilight would try and create the image of a personable, friendly, if slightly earnest young stateswoman, rather than the chilly distance that Luna kept between herself and her civilian subjects, or indeed the people of a foreign nation. However, a sideways glance reveals Luna nodding approvingly, and Cadance watching the radio in wide eyed awe.
    “I am seeing a second airship coming in now, the airship is a military model, very clearly armed. A hatch is opening. A Khan dressed in red is standing at the edge. He appears to be wearing some kind of armour, he's standing at the edge of the hatch, one more step will carry him over the precipice- Oh my- He jumped... I've lost sight of him.”
    Celestia feels her heart start to race, her left hand squeezing into a fist, her right hand gripping Cadance's tightly. She can feel the Princess of Love returning the grip with equal strength. Suddenly Celestia hears a strange popping sound through the radio, followed by a sudden deluge of shrill noise, and Celestia releases Cadance's hand with an irritable hiss.
    “Your contraption is bro-” Her voice dies in her throat as words come through the radio, the broadcaster having to yell to make himself heard.
    “Oh my goodness, there’s shooting! Rounds are passing right over my head in the direction of the carriage! Them bleedin’ guards of Her Highness' carriage are shooting back! Sig, if yer listenin' some cheeky cunt's tryin' ta nut the Princess, fook me that one was close, I'm gettin' out of here! Mahk my fookin’ words, I'm yer political correspondent, not a bleedin' war reporter, I want a raise an' all if yer goin' ter send me to this shit!” Celestia's mouth drops open and her heart stops as she hears more pops over the radio, along with the sound of screaming. The broadcaster's cultured accent has dropped away to be replaced with something thick and regional. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so terrifying. Celestia can hear Cadance gasping for breath next to her as the three princesses listen to the broadcaster's words.
    “Holy- come on mate, we gotta get the fook outa here, this is a serious two way range right now. Them Legionnaires are giving it some on their rifles though... Shit, grab her mate! She's been hit! Get her to that-” There is a sharp crack and then the signal suddenly goes dead. After a moment, the announcer's voice comes on, crisp and clear but also clearly shaken.
    “Apologies listeners, we ah, appear to be having some, ah, some difficulties connecting to Tarhen right now. We shall keep trying to get hold of Burrows. So, there are dramatic events in Tarhen unfolding as we speak. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people involved, and with Her Royal Highness. No doubt the Crown will have a statement for us-*click*”
    Celestia rips the wires from the back of the radio, silencing the inane drivel as her hands shiver slightly. Her lip is bitten into a thin line and her eyes are narrowed as her heart churns. Fire courses through her veins and her hands clench into fists as the fury of the sun is held on a very tight but incredibly frayed leash. She has been in parliament for long enough to know when someone is talking because they have nothing to say and are just stalling for time, she wants information and all she has is gossip.
    Celestia’s long hair billows as if caught in a violent breeze, and a radiant glow blooms from the Princess of the Sun as her heart roars in her ears. For a moment she can't quite believe what she's just heard. Celestia’s mind is filled with visions of her Faithful Student dancing about the room as she was accepted into her school, just ten years old and already possessed with a fearsome intellect. Memories of staying up late teaching the dangerously bright young girl as heads of state frothed and ministers fumed while they waited for answers to inane telegrams, the two of them growing closer as Twilight grew older, until Celestia could honestly consider Twilight a friend, or maybe even the daughter she'd never had. Princess Celestia had been there for her. To cheer her on from the sidelines, and later on welcome her to her side as an equal. Time and time again, Celestia has put Twilight in danger to safeguard the future of her Empire; in fact it would be fair to say that the Empire wouldn't be standing without the efforts of Princess Twilight.
    Now Celestia has put her in danger once more, perhaps for the last time. Celestia's back straightens as the glow fades and she draws on the infinite coolness of space to temper her fury, and she walks stiffly over to her desk, ignoring Cadance's horrified sobs and Luna's attempts to comfort the stricken young Princess. Celestia is the Princess of Equestria. Top of the pile. To use a fun little Federal phrase, the buck stops here. Celestia takes a deep breath, knowing that once she's done this, there's no turning back. She sits down at her desk, in her big red leather chair. She sweeps the mundane paperwork aside, exposing a panel on her desk. The panel is not very distinctive. A protective sheet of glass covers a series of brass switches and a single red button that glows ominously. Celestia takes a deep breath, her eyes narrowing faintly.
    She lifts the covers, hesitates for a moment and then flicks the first switch up and down twice, and then flicks the second, followed by the third, once. She then reaches for the big red button, hesitates once more, and then firmly presses down. She holds it depressed for a moment before releasing it. She can almost hear the distant alarms starting to wail in Shell-sea barracks and East-Father as the Castle guard force steps up onto an imminent war footing.
    “Right,” Celestia says. “I assume, Luna, you have plans for invading the Khanate drawn up?”
    “Yes Sister,” Luna says, turning from the weakly sniffling Princess of Love and snapping her fingers to summon a folder with a dark blue ribbon tied around it into her hand. “It awaits your approval.”
    “Luna, you don't need my approval, you're the head of the military, they're your men.”
    “But they're your children, and I know you care for them all deeply, just as I do. I would appreciate it if you would look at my plans and see if I've missed anything,” Luna says, and Celestia's heart lurches. She's been trying very hard not to think about that.
    “I will take a look, but not right now,” Celestia says primly. “Right now, I am going to summon Raven-”
    “Here, your Highness!” Celestia turns to see her ever-loyal bespectacled secretary opening the door to her chambers and bowing politely, before walking into her chambers dressed in her usual smart but neutral business attire. There is no sign at all that the young woman was woken five minutes ago by the bell installed in her chambers, that would ring whenever Celestia pressed one of the switches. A quill and pad are already clutched in her hands.
    “Excellent,” Celestia says. “As I was saying, I am going to summon my Cabinet for an emergency meeting. From their number I shall pick my war-cabinet. I am also going to arrange a meeting with the Zebricans and the State to let them know of my plans. I shall then summon the Khanate's ambassador to my office and hand him an ultimatum. He has four hours, starting from five minutes ago, to bring me word of Princess Twilight's condition.” Out of the corner of her eye, she notices Raven start to scribble furiously as she takes notes.
    “Luna, do you have means of communicating with the Legion Etrangere?”
    “Yes, Sister.”
    “Good, then I want you to communicate with the Second Regiment, I want you to find out from them what Twilight's condition is. Use whatever means you need, use Scryers if you have to, or even hunt for Twilight's mind yourself if you must. If Twilight-” Celestia takes a deep breath, and then forces herself to give voice to the unthinkable. “If Twilight is dead then the Khanate is out of time. I have made Equestria's intentions abundantly clear in this matter, but one way or another, I will have peace on my eastern borders.”
    “Shall I wait for a formal declaration of hostilities?” Luna asks, and Celestia nods shortly, doing the best that she can to keep her emotions firmly under control. As much as she wishes to be advancing upon Tarhen right now with fire in her heart and steel in her hand, there is a protocol to these things.
    “Yes, I want you to start making preparations to move, but make your preparations quiet if you can. Do nothing that cannot be taken back until I send word.”
    Luna nods, clicking her heels. The Night Princess' face is unreadable behind that mask and Celestia feels a faint chill ripple up and down her spine. Luna is an expert at masking her body language and Celestia' had been hoping to get some clues as to what her sister thinks about the whole affair. However Luna then surprises her:
    “I will, but Sister... I will do all that I can to find Twilight, I know she means a lot to you. She means a lot to me too.” For a second, Celestia senses an immense vulnerability in the way that the Night Princess forlornly slumps her shoulders. However, the instant lasts for only a second, before Luna squares her shoulders and turns on her heel, walking out of the door. As the door shuts behind her, Celestia turns to Raven.
    “I want you to draft a statement to deliver to the EBC that the Crown is not willing to comment on developments in the Khanate at this time, and information will be made available at the right time. Couch it in the usual diplomatic waffle.”
    “Yes Ma'am,” Raven says firmly. “When do you want it on your desk by?”
    “I don't,” Celestia says simply. “I'm anticipating governmental business throughout the day so you'll need to give it to the press spokesman to deliver.”
    “Will do Ma'am,” Raven says. “Will that be all?”
    “I think so, but keep yourself ready if I need you for anything else.” In Celestia's experience, 'anything else' could range from going down to the kitchens on Celestia's behalf to scrounge some delicious gateaux to drafting more memos to the occasional foot-rub. Raven is Celestia's right hand woman, and Celestia knows she can trust her with anything, including knowing when to give her a moment to herself.
    Raven politely excuses herself, turning and heading for the door and walking out, leaving Celestia to deal with Cadance, whose tears have faded into weak sniffles, though her face is still streaked with tears. She's startlingly pale, and Celestia is suddenly reminded that despite Cadance's two hundred years of experience, she's never really been at the sharp end like Celestia and Luna have, and she's always cared deeply for her 'Lady-Bug'. Celestia walks over to the young princess and gently wraps her hands around Cadance's.
    “Cadance, look at me,” Celestia says gently, and slowly, Cadances's bright lilac eyes lock onto Celestia's own rose coloured eyes. For a second, Celestia is shocked by the depths of the pain in those eyes. Her heart wrenches at the sight of the young woman in so much pain, and Celestia wants nothing more than to hug her.
    “She'll be fine,” Celestia says gently, extending her wing and pulling Cadance close into a gentle embrace, and she's relieved when Cadance hugs her back.
    “You know Twilight, she's tough as old leather,” Celestia says again, as much for her own peace of mind as that of the younger Princess. “Even if she doesn't look it. She'll be fine.” She hears Cadance mumble something into her dressing gown and tilts her head downward, stroking the Princess' hair in a manner that she knows Cadance finds soothing.
    “Mmm, I know, Aunty but still...” Cadance trails off, and Celestia steps back from the embrace, folding her wing away once more.
    “Cadance, I have a job for you.” Celestia takes a deep breath, steeling herself. She hates this part of the job, the part where she has to yank people out of whatever they're dealing with to come put out fires or else do something else for her. However Celestia is aware that she has other things to do, and whilst it would be tactful to let Cadance hang around moping, it would also waste time that isn't there to waste.
    “Yes Aunty?” Cadance sniffles.
    “Your trip to Valorossiya, I need you to get over there as quickly as possible, lean on Vasiliy in the Union's embassy. He should be amiable,” Celestia says kindly.
    Cadance nods in response, a frown crossing her face for a moment, before she nods, her own spine straightening as she dashes the tears from her face.
    “I will, I'm sorry, you must think I'm being dreadfully silly.”
    “We are all allowed a moment of silliness from time to time,” Celestia says gently, patting Cadance affectionately on the shoulder. “But life gets in the way now and again, as you know.”
    “Do I have time to say goodbye to Shining Armour?” Cadance asks. Celestia nods in reply.
    “Yes, you may as well tell him about what's going on if he doesn't know already.”
    “You know my husband Ma'am, I'm surprised he has not battered the door down yet. I'll go to him, then I'll speak to the Vals as soon as I can.”
    Celestia watches as Cadance turns and walk out of the door, watching intently as the edge of the doorway slowly slides into the recess and snaps shut.
    A single racking sob escapes from her throat, and as if that is the straw that finally breaks the camel’s back, she collapses in the middle of her office, sobbing into the thick crimson and gold carpets as the building agony that had been bubbling up and gripping at her throat for the last few moments finally erupt from her lips whilst trails of silver roll down her face. She shivers as the sobs continue to course through her body, a torrent of grief and agonizing worry.
    Her long hair slowly bubbles and ripples, draped over her back like a shroud whilst her massive wings spread like those of a shot bird. Even Trolestia trundles over to offer her a nuzzle of sympathy in his feline way, pushing underneath her titanic white wings to push his face against her neck and mew plaintively. However that sympathy falls upon deaf ears. If Twilight is dead, then she will never forgive herself for putting her in harm's way again.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

“Can you not sleep either, Aunty?”
    The Princess of the Sun turns around as she hears the door to her dimly lit study creaking open, to see Princess Cadance sticking her head through the door, wrapped in a thick pale blue dressing gown, with a steaming mug of coffee in one hand. Princess Celestia smiles weakly, gesturing at the towering pile of paperwork upon her desk.
    “You know how it is Cadance, you need to keep on top of these things,” Princess Celestia says, a wan little smile pulling at the corners of her lips. Cadance's sceptically raised eyebrow makes it plain that she doesn't believe Celestia for a moment, and the elder princess sighs, rising to her slippered feet and running a hand through her dull-rose coloured hair.
    “There's no shame in admitting you're worried about her,” Cadance says softly as she walks into the room, igniting several of the oil lamps as she does so. Celestia nods, frowning slightly. Cadance has always been one of the sharpest people that she's known in her long life. Celestia turns her back on the table of paperwork, turning to the map table in the middle of the room, and beckoning Cadance over.
    “Mmm,” Celestia agrees softly, her gaze dancing over the wooden blocks on the table. “You're right... I'm worried about her Cadance, more worried than I should be.”
    “That makes two of us,” Cadance says as she joins Celestia at the table, her own nerves quite clear in her voice as she takes a sip of her coffee.
    “I don't know why I'm worried, you know, she's always come through before,” Celestia says after a second, unfolding her wings and shaking them out from where she's had them locked into her back for so long. Celestia knows she's doing her student a disservice by worrying, that her student has dealt most adroitly with other crises, and that's even before Celestia gave her her crown. However the worries are much like weeds. Every time Celestia tries to stamp them out, they just grow back with a vengeance, choking Celestia's thought processes and keeping her up at night.
    This would not normally pose a problem. The ageless Princess does not, strictly speaking, need sleep and she's managed to make massive progress upon her paperwork backlog. However it also makes her rather crotchety with her ministers, who do not appreciate being snapped at by an increasingly irritable Princess of the Sun.
    “You care about her, it's natural that you'd be worried,” Cadance says gently. “They threw Luna out on her ear after all, and from what we saw earlier tonight, things haven't been smooth. Do you think things will calm down when they get into the Khanate proper?”
    “Honestly, I'm not sure, Cadance,” Celestia says after a second. “Up until three weeks ago, I would have been able to give you a definite yes... but the only Equestrian presence there right now is the Empire Broadcasting Corporation... and the Legion Etrangere.”
    “The EBC hmm? You have a radio, right Aunty?”
    “Oh, that thing.” Celestia gestures at the radio set she'd been presented by the inventor, gathering dust as it stands upon the table, untouched since the day it was put into her study. “I've never figured out how to work it, it just squeals and screams at me when I tried, so I've given up on it,” Celestia says dismissively. She's never been a fan of radio, her more sensitive ears and skin picking up the squealing on frequencies that humans and even Equestrians cannot detect.
    Celestia watches as Cadance turns and trots over to it and starts fiddling with the device.
    “You really should try setting it up Aunty, EBC have an excellent selection of records and they have some very informed commentary pieces, some of the speakers from your school even come on occasionally and have very lively discussions,” Cadance says as she starts twirling dials, and making the device shriek.
    Celestia winces, putting a hand to her ears as she feels goosebumps ripple up her skin, however she watches in fascination as her niece works with the device. Celestia isn't that surprised that Cadance knows her way around a radio set, one of the Crystal Empire's primary exports is the crystals required to work the silly things.
    “Here we go,” Cadance says as she finishes adjusting the dials, and the squealing gives way to coherent if grainy speech, much to Celestia's relief.
    “Twilight should be landing in Tarhen about now,” Cadance says. “I thought we might listen in. Maybe that will ease your nerves?” she suggests, and Celestia nods, relief colouring her cheeks. Maybe Cadance is right, I probably should keep abreast of these new devices.
    A voice blooms from the radio, a male voice speaking in clearly accentuated Equestrian.
    “This is the Empire Broadcasting Corporation World Service news hour. Our focus tonight is, of course on events in the Khanate, where Her Royal Highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle is scheduled to arrive at Tarhen's main airport in ten minutes time for an emergency summit with senior representatives of the Khan government, though there has been no word from the Foreign Office about the topics to be discussed. However, an unnamed source within the Khanate Ministry of Foreign Affairs has suggested that...”
    Celestia smiles slightly. “His accent is hypnotic, I could stand to listen to him for hours,” she says, and Cadance snorts sardonically.
    “They take classes Aunty, they have to be taught to speak with pwoper diction. It's apparently all about sounding like they're your diwect offspwing,” Cadance says, putting a thick upper-class Canterlot accent upon her words that makes Celestia chuckle.
    “I don't actually sound like that, do I?”
    “No, they don't have female broadcasters in spite of my-”
    “Hush, they're getting back to the story,” Celestia says as Cadance frowns, but her ears likewise prick up. For her own part, Celestia doesn't want to hear another one of Cadance's monologues about women's rights right now. Normally, she'd be quite receptive, but right now she has other things on her mind, her most faithful student among them.
    “And now we are going live to Tarhen where our correspondent, Broadcaster Burrows is currently standing by for Her Highness' arrival.”
    “Thank you, Clear Signal, and welcome to our listeners, we are currently coming to you live from Tarhen’s Skyport. Princess Twilight's airship, the HMS Equerry, is now landing. As you can hear around me, the local population is out in force to greet the Princess... There are Khans from the Foreign Ministry waiting to see Her Highness, Mahmoud Zaklem, Meytme Ad-Dwans and Amman Sotronar are among them, all senior Khan diplomats with years of experience. We hope that they will be able to come to an accommodation with Her Highness.”
    “Inconsequential nobodies,” Celestia turns to see Princess Luna striding into the office, dressed in uniform as always. “I spoke to all three of them, and they were all too willing to say yes to anything I said, but they never actually did anything,” Luna's voice is dark as she joins Celestia and Cadance. “We are listening to Princess Twilight's arrival in Tarhen, yes?”
    Celestia nods, frowning. She's trying to listen, and her sister can be incredibly vocal with her opinions at times, however Celestia's aware that Luna may have a point here.
    “The airship has now touched down... a ramp is being wheeled up to the entry hatch, a red carpet behind it. The Khans are standing at a respectful distance from the entryway. There is a band playing the Khan national anthem,” the broadcaster continues, and Celestia notices Cadance likewise frowning. “The ramp has been wheeled up and is now in position. All eyes are now upon the entryway from which Princess Twilight will shortly emerge. She will take questions from the press before travelling into Tarhen proper. We have been informed that Princess Twilight will be staying at the- wait a moment... I see movement at the stern of the ship. There is a ramp being lowered.” Celestia takes a deep breath and reaches out for Cadance's hand. This is it, three weeks of waiting and nerves all come down to this moment.
    “We're moving round to try and- excuse me sir- get a better view of the rear of the airship. The ramp is down now... there are soldiers coming down the ramp. They are carrying rifles with bayonets fitted... Wait, I'm seeing a carriage coming down the ramp now, there are soldiers on the carriage. I see a girl- The Princess! Her Royal Highness Princess Twilight has landed in Tarhen by carriage... she will bring the carriage around and meet the delegates... the carriage is continuing to move through the crowd. It does not appear to be slowing down or showing any signs of turning.”
    Celestia blinks, startled. She'd hoped Twilight would stop and converse with the delegates, she'd hoped that Twilight would try and create the image of a personable, friendly, if slightly earnest young stateswoman, rather than the chilly distance that Luna kept between herself and her civilian subjects, or indeed the people of a foreign nation. However, a sideways glance reveals Luna nodding approvingly, and Cadance watching the radio in wide eyed awe.
    “I am seeing a second airship coming in now, the airship is a military model, very clearly armed. A hatch is opening. A Khan dressed in red is standing at the edge. He appears to be wearing some kind of armour, he's standing at the edge of the hatch, one more step will carry him over the precipice- Oh my- He jumped... I've lost sight of him.”
    Celestia feels her heart start to race, her left hand squeezing into a fist, her right hand gripping Cadance's tightly. She can feel the Princess of Love returning the grip with equal strength. Suddenly Celestia hears a strange popping sound through the radio, followed by a sudden deluge of shrill noise, and Celestia releases Cadance's hand with an irritable hiss.
    “Your contraption is bro-” Her voice dies in her throat as words come through the radio, the broadcaster having to yell to make himself heard.
    “Oh my goodness, there’s shooting! Rounds are passing right over my head in the direction of the carriage! Them bleedin’ guards of Her Highness' carriage are shooting back! Sig, if yer listenin' some cheeky cunt's tryin' ta nut the Princess, fook me that one was close, I'm gettin' out of here! Mahk my fookin’ words, I'm yer political correspondent, not a bleedin' war reporter, I want a raise an' all if yer goin' ter send me to this shit!” Celestia's mouth drops open and her heart stops as she hears more pops over the radio, along with the sound of screaming. The broadcaster's cultured accent has dropped away to be replaced with something thick and regional. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so terrifying. Celestia can hear Cadance gasping for breath next to her as the three princesses listen to the broadcaster's words.
    “Holy- come on mate, we gotta get the fook outa here, this is a serious two way range right now. Them Legionnaires are giving it some on their rifles though... Shit, grab her mate! She's been hit! Get her to that-” There is a sharp crack and then the signal suddenly goes dead. After a moment, the announcer's voice comes on, crisp and clear but also clearly shaken.
    “Apologies listeners, we ah, appear to be having some, ah, some difficulties connecting to Tarhen right now. We shall keep trying to get hold of Burrows. So, there are dramatic events in Tarhen unfolding as we speak. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people involved, and with Her Royal Highness. No doubt the Crown will have a statement for us-*click*”
    Celestia rips the wires from the back of the radio, silencing the inane drivel as her hands shiver slightly. Her lip is bitten into a thin line and her eyes are narrowed as her heart churns. Fire courses through her veins and her hands clench into fists as the fury of the sun is held on a very tight but incredibly frayed leash. She has been in parliament for long enough to know when someone is talking because they have nothing to say and are just stalling for time, she wants information and all she has is gossip.
    Celestia’s long hair billows as if caught in a violent breeze, and a radiant glow blooms from the Princess of the Sun as her heart roars in her ears. For a moment she can't quite believe what she's just heard. Celestia’s mind is filled with visions of her Faithful Student dancing about the room as she was accepted into her school, just ten years old and already possessed with a fearsome intellect. Memories of staying up late teaching the dangerously bright young girl as heads of state frothed and ministers fumed while they waited for answers to inane telegrams, the two of them growing closer as Twilight grew older, until Celestia could honestly consider Twilight a friend, or maybe even the daughter she'd never had. Princess Celestia had been there for her. To cheer her on from the sidelines, and later on welcome her to her side as an equal. Time and time again, Celestia has put Twilight in danger to safeguard the future of her Empire; in fact it would be fair to say that the Empire wouldn't be standing without the efforts of Princess Twilight.
    Now Celestia has put her in danger once more, perhaps for the last time. Celestia's back straightens as the glow fades and she draws on the infinite coolness of space to temper her fury, and she walks stiffly over to her desk, ignoring Cadance's horrified sobs and Luna's attempts to comfort the stricken young Princess. Celestia is the Princess of Equestria. Top of the pile. To use a fun little Federal phrase, the buck stops here. Celestia takes a deep breath, knowing that once she's done this, there's no turning back. She sits down at her desk, in her big red leather chair. She sweeps the mundane paperwork aside, exposing a panel on her desk. The panel is not very distinctive. A protective sheet of glass covers a series of brass switches and a single red button that glows ominously. Celestia takes a deep breath, her eyes narrowing faintly.
    She lifts the covers, hesitates for a moment and then flicks the first switch up and down twice, and then flicks the second, followed by the third, once. She then reaches for the big red button, hesitates once more, and then firmly presses down. She holds it depressed for a moment before releasing it. She can almost hear the distant alarms starting to wail in Shell-sea barracks and East-Father as the Castle guard force steps up onto an imminent war footing.
    “Right,” Celestia says. “I assume, Luna, you have plans for invading the Khanate drawn up?”
    “Yes Sister,” Luna says, turning from the weakly sniffling Princess of Love and snapping her fingers to summon a folder with a dark blue ribbon tied around it into her hand. “It awaits your approval.”
    “Luna, you don't need my approval, you're the head of the military, they're your men.”
    “But they're your children, and I know you care for them all deeply, just as I do. I would appreciate it if you would look at my plans and see if I've missed anything,” Luna says, and Celestia's heart lurches. She's been trying very hard not to think about that.
    “I will take a look, but not right now,” Celestia says primly. “Right now, I am going to summon Raven-”
    “Here, your Highness!” Celestia turns to see her ever-loyal bespectacled secretary opening the door to her chambers and bowing politely, before walking into her chambers dressed in her usual smart but neutral business attire. There is no sign at all that the young woman was woken five minutes ago by the bell installed in her chambers, that would ring whenever Celestia pressed one of the switches. A quill and pad are already clutched in her hands.
    “Excellent,” Celestia says. “As I was saying, I am going to summon my Cabinet for an emergency meeting. From their number I shall pick my war-cabinet. I am also going to arrange a meeting with the Zebricans and the State to let them know of my plans. I shall then summon the Khanate's ambassador to my office and hand him an ultimatum. He has four hours, starting from five minutes ago, to bring me word of Princess Twilight's condition.” Out of the corner of her eye, she notices Raven start to scribble furiously as she takes notes.
    “Luna, do you have means of communicating with the Legion Etrangere?”
    “Yes, Sister.”
    “Good, then I want you to communicate with the Second Regiment, I want you to find out from them what Twilight's condition is. Use whatever means you need, use Scryers if you have to, or even hunt for Twilight's mind yourself if you must. If Twilight-” Celestia takes a deep breath, and then forces herself to give voice to the unthinkable. “If Twilight is dead then the Khanate is out of time. I have made Equestria's intentions abundantly clear in this matter, but one way or another, I will have peace on my eastern borders.”
    “Shall I wait for a formal declaration of hostilities?” Luna asks, and Celestia nods shortly, doing the best that she can to keep her emotions firmly under control. As much as she wishes to be advancing upon Tarhen right now with fire in her heart and steel in her hand, there is a protocol to these things.
    “Yes, I want you to start making preparations to move, but make your preparations quiet if you can. Do nothing that cannot be taken back until I send word.”
    Luna nods, clicking her heels. The Night Princess' face is unreadable behind that mask and Celestia feels a faint chill ripple up and down her spine. Luna is an expert at masking her body language and Celestia' had been hoping to get some clues as to what her sister thinks about the whole affair. However Luna then surprises her:
    “I will, but Sister... I will do all that I can to find Twilight, I know she means a lot to you. She means a lot to me too.” For a second, Celestia senses an immense vulnerability in the way that the Night Princess forlornly slumps her shoulders. However, the instant lasts for only a second, before Luna squares her shoulders and turns on her heel, walking out of the door. As the door shuts behind her, Celestia turns to Raven.
    “I want you to draft a statement to deliver to the EBC that the Crown is not willing to comment on developments in the Khanate at this time, and information will be made available at the right time. Couch it in the usual diplomatic waffle.”
    “Yes Ma'am,” Raven says firmly. “When do you want it on your desk by?”
    “I don't,” Celestia says simply. “I'm anticipating governmental business throughout the day so you'll need to give it to the press spokesman to deliver.”
    “Will do Ma'am,” Raven says. “Will that be all?”
    “I think so, but keep yourself ready if I need you for anything else.” In Celestia's experience, 'anything else' could range from going down to the kitchens on Celestia's behalf to scrounge some delicious gateaux to drafting more memos to the occasional foot-rub. Raven is Celestia's right hand woman, and Celestia knows she can trust her with anything, including knowing when to give her a moment to herself.
    Raven politely excuses herself, turning and heading for the door and walking out, leaving Celestia to deal with Cadance, whose tears have faded into weak sniffles, though her face is still streaked with tears. She's startlingly pale, and Celestia is suddenly reminded that despite Cadance's two hundred years of experience, she's never really been at the sharp end like Celestia and Luna have, and she's always cared deeply for her 'Lady-Bug'. Celestia walks over to the young princess and gently wraps her hands around Cadance's.
    “Cadance, look at me,” Celestia says gently, and slowly, Cadances's bright lilac eyes lock onto Celestia's own rose coloured eyes. For a second, Celestia is shocked by the depths of the pain in those eyes. Her heart wrenches at the sight of the young woman in so much pain, and Celestia wants nothing more than to hug her.
    “She'll be fine,” Celestia says gently, extending her wing and pulling Cadance close into a gentle embrace, and she's relieved when Cadance hugs her back.
    “You know Twilight, she's tough as old leather,” Celestia says again, as much for her own peace of mind as that of the younger Princess. “Even if she doesn't look it. She'll be fine.” She hears Cadance mumble something into her dressing gown and tilts her head downward, stroking the Princess' hair in a manner that she knows Cadance finds soothing.
    “Mmm, I know, Aunty but still...” Cadance trails off, and Celestia steps back from the embrace, folding her wing away once more.
    “Cadance, I have a job for you.” Celestia takes a deep breath, steeling herself. She hates this part of the job, the part where she has to yank people out of whatever they're dealing with to come put out fires or else do something else for her. However Celestia is aware that she has other things to do, and whilst it would be tactful to let Cadance hang around moping, it would also waste time that isn't there to waste.
    “Yes Aunty?” Cadance sniffles.
    “Your trip to Valorossiya, I need you to get over there as quickly as possible, lean on Vasiliy in the Union's embassy. He should be amiable,” Celestia says kindly.
    Cadance nods in response, a frown crossing her face for a moment, before she nods, her own spine straightening as she dashes the tears from her face.
    “I will, I'm sorry, you must think I'm being dreadfully silly.”
    “We are all allowed a moment of silliness from time to time,” Celestia says gently, patting Cadance affectionately on the shoulder. “But life gets in the way now and again, as you know.”
    “Do I have time to say goodbye to Shining Armour?” Cadance asks. Celestia nods in reply.
    “Yes, you may as well tell him about what's going on if he doesn't know already.”
    “You know my husband Ma'am, I'm surprised he has not battered the door down yet. I'll go to him, then I'll speak to the Vals as soon as I can.”
    Celestia watches as Cadance turns and walk out of the door, watching intently as the edge of the doorway slowly slides into the recess and snaps shut.
    A single racking sob escapes from her throat, and as if that is the straw that finally breaks the camel’s back, she collapses in the middle of her office, sobbing into the thick crimson and gold carpets as the building agony that had been bubbling up and gripping at her throat for the last few moments finally erupt from her lips whilst trails of silver roll down her face. She shivers as the sobs continue to course through her body, a torrent of grief and agonizing worry.
    Her long hair slowly bubbles and ripples, draped over her back like a shroud whilst her massive wings spread like those of a shot bird. Even Trolestia trundles over to offer her a nuzzle of sympathy in his feline way, pushing underneath her titanic white wings to push his face against her neck and mew plaintively. However that sympathy falls upon deaf ears. If Twilight is dead, then she will never forgive herself for putting her in harm's way again.

The Artist Formerly Known as Jewdonk
    Load Metric
    my God

sonatine is the creepiest no life motherfucker ever

eat a dick and die a slow death please

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I banned the "Marley" account.

1marley1 has to accept his rep loss like a man. I don't want to ban his original account, but I will if he makes another dupe to keep repping.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, Marty, I sent you a PM a few days ago with the password to the Tyde account.

Start using it, because I'm shutting down the "My Dupe" one shortly.

The Artist Formerly Known as Jewdonk
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, Marty, I sent you a PM a few days ago with the password to the Tyde account.

go fuck yourself

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by My Dupe View Post

go fuck yourself
    Name:  BuckleUp-1.gif
Views: 287
Size:  112.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't understand, Marty.

You claimed you relentlessly tried to contact me to get back your password, yet I received NOTHING from you.

So you made the "My Dupe" account in its place. Fine.

I then sent you a message asking you what password you would like me to assign to the Tyde account, and you told me. I informed you that I would then be shutting down the My Dupe account, and you fully understood that.

Now you're telling me to go fuck myself.

And I'm telling you that "My Dupe" is now history.

Get back on Tyde or GTFO.

Do you think you're bottomset or something?

Load Metric
    shock of shocks.. marty spends another saturday night drunk, alone, and starving for attention.

Load Metric
    Garrett has been waiting for this. He's almost out of the red.. couple hundred more of these threads

Comments

simpdog: lol
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    I don't understand, Marty.

You claimed you relentlessly tried to contact me to get back your password, yet I received NOTHING from you.

So you made the "My Dupe" account in its place. Fine.

I then sent you a message asking you what password you would like me to assign to the Tyde account, and you told me. I informed you that I would then be shutting down the My Dupe account, and you fully understood that.

Now you're telling me to go fuck myself.

And I'm telling you that "My Dupe" is now history.

Get back on Tyde or GTFO.

Do you think you're bottomset or something?
    I have to be honest. From the start I thought the whole johnny B and My dupe accounts were possibly one big level conducted by someone close to tyde who knew he was on vacation and could not respond.. Didn;t want to ruin the joke by saying anything. That fact that it turned out to be true is just mind boggling.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

I have to be honest. From the start I thought the whole johnny B and My dupe accounts were possibly one big level conducted by someone close to tyde who knew he was on vacation and could not respond.. Didn;t want to ruin the joke by saying anything. That fact that it turned out to be true is just mind boggling.
    When did someone link the Johnny B account and the Tyde/My Dupe accounts?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

When did someone link the Johnny B account and the Tyde/My Dupe accounts?
    I thought back to when someone impersonated micon and got into the pro forums a few years back. The guys cover was blown though before any damage was done.

Essentially I thought the same thing was going on here. That someone was impersonating both Johnny and Marty, from somewhere in Mexico. Both serving to embarrass Marty with a ridiculous thanksgiving story and also eventually gain access to his real account by claiming he forgot the password. This was 100% speculation on my part.

Load Metric
    right but you said 'it turned out to be true', im confused about what turned out to be true..

Comments

BetCheckBet: poor wording. mean to say turns out mydupe really was marty

Load Metric
    ok wait are we saying 'my dupe' isnt marty?

Thread Information