Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones Tests Positive for cocaine after UFC 182

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Why would something called a "Confidential Test Report" be posted on some random MMA website.

Doesn't sound all that confidential to me.
    All sorts of weirdness when it comes to drug tests. Some states make the results available via FOIA requests, but others use the HIPAA laws as guidelines and never release medical info. These particular ones are from Nevada, and were released via FOIA requests.
    So if they can be released thru a FOIA they are not confidential in any way then.

AFAIK we've always been told all these drug tests for athletes are "confidential" & I'd be pissed & leery of ever doing one if they weren't. I'm actually going for a drug test for my new job tomorrow, & even though they will find nothing, I'd be upset if the results somehow showed up on the internet & I have nothing to hide. It would be the principal of it.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    So if they can be released thru a FOIA they are not confidential in any way then.
    First, just because it says confidential on something doesn't mean its actually confidential. A good bit of the important looking junk mail I get says Confidential on it. Doesn't make it so. That's beside the point, tho.

When the drug test company released the test results to the commission, they were absolutely confidential, not to be seen by anyone but the good people at the NAC. However, that doesn't mean they are to be confidential forever. Once they reach that point, another set of rules and laws take over.

Its one thing to say that athlete drug tests should be confidential, but with MMA and Boxing, you are being licensed and allowed to compete because of direct government licensing and oversight. This isn't a private deal, this isn't just between a guy and the company that hired him. This is the State Athletic Commission testing a fighter whom they licensed, and who necessarily agreed to all the rules and regulations involved when they got that license.

If your drug tests for the job you are going for end up in public, you should be pretty pissed about it, because a bunch of laws were probably broken when making them public. Pretty silly, though, to think your situation and this one have anything at all in common.

Load Metric
    I just thought these test were supposed to be confidential & a little surprised to find out they're not. I know we've heard the tales of what was in some of these, Overeem & Sonnen, but I've never seen the report just posted on a website for all to see.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I just thought these test were supposed to be confidential & a little surprised to find out they're not. I know we've heard the tales of what was in some of these, Overeem & Sonnen, but I've never seen the report just posted on a website for all to see.
    When it happens in Nevada, the results always are released. When it happens in NJ, these results are NEVER released.

Load Metric
    When it happens in Nevada, the results always are released. When it happens in NJ, these results are NEVER released.
    Name:  th.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  8.5 KB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    The unanswerable question at this stage is why a test was conducted for street drugs. No one at the commission can answer that and it appears that the test was done erroneously.

One person familiar with the procedures involved in anti-doping said a test for recreational drugs, or so-called drugs of abuse, would not be following the WADA Code and thus shouldn't have been done.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jo...21247-mma.html
    Wait?? They aint supposed to be checking for rec drugs yet how many fighters have been popped for weed. WTF this is horseshit. Either they are testing or they aren't and if theyre not supposed to be then if I was Diaz Id be screaming from the top of Mt Charleston.. Weed is Recreational just as Coke is so something stinks of a shit ton of double standard here

Comments

1marley1: for whatever corrupt reason i think they consider thc 'performance enhancing'

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Wait?? They aint supposed to be checking for rec drugs yet how many fighters have been popped for weed. WTF this is horseshit. Either they are testing or they aren't and if theyre not supposed to be then if I was Diaz Id be screaming from the top of Mt Charleston.. Weed is Recreational just as Coke is so something stinks of a shit ton of double standard here
    did any of them test for weed outside of competition?

Comments

Crowe Diddly: obvious answer nobody wants to understand rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Just guessing, but it also might have something to do with the fact that weed is a schedule 1 drug and coke is a schedule 2, which in and of itself is ridiculous.

Load Metric

Just guessing, but it also might have something to do with the fact that weed is a schedule 1 drug and coke is a schedule 2, which in and of itself is ridiculous.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

The difference is Bones pissed hot about a month out from his fight. Diaz pissed hot on the night of his fight. No conspiracy, no weirdness. If Bones has coke in his post-fight test, he'll get the book thrown at him, just as if Diaz had pissed hot a month out instead of on the night of the fight, he would have been fine.

And no, retard 1marley1, they do not consider thc performance enhancing.

Comments

1marley1: WADA: It violates the first (performance enhancement) because of its ability to decrease anxiety and fear, and potentially to improve some types of oxygenation and concentration."

Load Metric
    The low counts are because he was cycling off TRT.

Greg Savage (a made nigga) said that at his camp in New Mexico, Bones literally hid under the cage to avoid a pop NSAC test.

Basically, the UFC golden boy is a drug addict TRT abuser, and its rapidly becoming extremely common knowledge.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    If we can only get his brother, Chandler Jones, defensive lineman Patriots - popped tomorrow

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    If we can only get his brother, Chandler Jones, defensive lineman Patriots - popped tomorrow
    Don't fade the pats. Just don't.

Comments

Sanlmar: 96% of all bets are for Ravens (SBR) so of course Pats win. But it's just soooo wrong

Load Metric
    This is pretty good. Joe Rogan finds out about the test on his podcast.

For extra lulz, Ken Shamrock is going to fight the gypsy guy in a bare knuckle fight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/8/...quinn-mcdonagh

Load Metric
    This goes here.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Yup, it certainly belongs here.

Load Metric
    Nope.

The difference is Bones pissed hot about a month out from his fight. Diaz pissed hot on the night of his fight. No conspiracy, no weirdness. If Bones has coke in his post-fight test, he'll get the book thrown at him, just as if Diaz had pissed hot a month out instead of on the night of the fight, he would have been fine.

And no, retard 1marley1, they do not consider thc performance enhancing.
    Considering I had already read the article I should have known this. I just figured Diaz might have tested outside of competition as well. Wasn't familiar at all with his case.

Load Metric
    dont forget that the rules often reflect the disposition of the law, and marijuana laws have been radically revised (to keep us sloppy and medicated while our wealth is farmed by the military industrial complex).

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm sorry but if you get popped during training camp, it should be considered IN competition. He wasn't off on vacation for fuck sakes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    I'm sorry but if you get popped during training camp, it should be considered IN competition. He wasn't off on vacation for fuck sakes.
    Yeah, I dont get that as well. If you take sometime illegal during training camp that enhances your ability to train, the gains would carry over into the fight thus giving you an unfair advantage.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Yeah, I dont get that as well. If you take sometime illegal during training camp that enhances your ability to train, the gains would carry over into the fight thus giving you an unfair advantage.
    i think the argument that there are enduring benefits to training on coke is a stretch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

i think the argument that there are enduring benefits to training on coke is a stretch.

Well couldnt it apply to anything that exits your body fairy quickly?
    :freelewfather

Thread Information