Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****OFFICIAL: I Need Something THREAD****

Platinum
    Load Metric

****OFFICIAL: I Need Something THREAD****

I'm looking for something specific here and I know im going to be looking for more things in the future, and want others opinions, but don't want to make separate threads clogging the forums.

So, this thread is for anyone to post for something they are looking for, and needs some forum help.

Disclaimer: I am willing to repay the person who helps me out and shows me some honest info and not just linking me to bullshit to make it look good
    Im leaving this rule loose because I haven't really thought about it yet, but anyone who knows me knows I am generous and always willing to repay favors any way I can.

I'll start it off: I am looking for a high quality security camera system for my property. I need it to be at least 10...12 cameras or more. DVR, at least some of the cameras night vision/infrared, and good quality (I.E. able to distinguish license plate numbers etc even at night. need sound/color as well. I basically want to coat my entire exterior AND interior with cameras...even if I have to get 2 sets of systems instead of 1, i am open to suggestions. My price range I am willing to spend is around $600 - $1000 but I am loose on this...i just don't want to spend multi thousands for a system. I can install myself and can use my own monitor if necessary.

I am in the face of some serious bullshit with my POS neighbors so this is serious to me and I am currently taking every measure I can to protect and record my property. Any other suggestions in line with this are appreciated.

Comments

Jayjami: Negative Paranoid neighbor meth head rep

The Artist Formerly Known as Jewdonk
    Load Metric
    i tried to read this, but only lasted through the first 1/4 because you are clueless about sentence structure, spacing, or punctuation

and your concept of grammar is neanderthal at best

learn how to make a point with some kind of semblance of general coherence so your readers don't want to stab you in the dick before they click (x)

please revise this post and write a more fluid version so people don't despise you so much for being such an awful linguist and communicator and wasting their time

TIA

Comments

re tire: WRECKED THAT SLOB

Load Metric
    Pretty sure you just described a cool $4500 worth of gear.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

The Artist Formerly Known as Jewdonk
    Load Metric
    content looked semi interesting at first glance

couldn't be bothered

learn some basic presentation strategies bro

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Pretty sure you just described a cool $4500 worth of gear.

If that's the case, so be it. I am prepared if necessary.

I was glancing at some camera systems (I.E. What someone can buy at Costco) but trying to find the best of that caliber. I haven't been to Costco in a while but thought I saw one 10 or 12 camera system for about 6 or 700 but could be wrong. In any case I guess I was trying to find the best of in that caliber. Again if that isn't ultimately sufficient for my needs, so be it.

Side note: pay no attention to the annoying dupe accounts.

P.S. If i need to spend 5k for what im describing, well then I guess I will

Load Metric
    You can totally find basic systems for that range but when you get into night vision, that type of fidelity, storage media, youre talking about prosumer grade surveillance gear basically.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

P.S. If i need to spend 5k for what im describing, well then I guess I will

Its well possible that cheaper gear will actually satisfy your requirements if youre willing to give up some resolution/capture rates/so on.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Going to hit the sack, and ill weigh out everything and get back to this tomorrow.

Thanks

Banned
    Load Metric
    Sorry dude, I don't think $5k will even be close.

Filming shit in the dark is hard. You're talking about capturing fine details at night. One of the cheaper cameras I know of that is known for excellent performance in low light is the Sony A7s. Ten of those will run you $30k. Nevermind feeding them into a system and whatnot.

Also, I don't think thermographic cameras would serve much of a purpose in this case. They're great for helicopters and stuff when you want to find humans in the dark. They're not so great for seeing details, especially from objects that don't give off much infrared radiation.
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 12-30-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Load Metric
    Gordo,

You are looking at this all wrong.

You should explain the problem with the neighbor and we will give you the solution.

You are in a place with some highly intelligent and creative people, if we can't come up with a solution other than a security system I would be sad.

So give us the back story!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

i just don't want to spend multi thousands for a system.
    You are going to have to if you want any of the security features you mentioned, and nightvision is still gonna be a pipe-dream for anything near the range you want. How about a shitload of lights to start with? Turn night into daytime, and makes the camera work a whole lot easier.

So what are you protecting, anyway? A house and yard in a residential area? Farmhouse in the middle of nowhere? How big an area do you have, what's outside, etc...

Details, mofo, details!

Load Metric
    Share the neighbors story obv.

What are you feuding about?

Did you show up late for Thanksgiving and take back your alcohol?

Are they going to make an account here?

Comments

Hockey Guy: lol
    Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

The problem with the world today is that nobody does anything based on principal anymore.

If you reach your 80's, consider your life in overtime. Sudden death overtime.

I'll never understand how swimmers get bitten by sharks. Can they not hear the music?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    My name is Michael Weston and I used to be a spy.

Comments

4Dragons: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Somebody steal the propane tank from your grill?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Somebody steal the propane tank from your grill?
    More likely someone cornholed his pooch.

Load Metric
    Name:  trailer.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  7.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    [How about a shitload of lights to start with? Turn night into daytime, and makes the camera work a whole lot easier.
    Yep, this would simplify things a lot and allow you to use much cheaper cameras. Is it doable though? Most neighbors don't appreciate obnoxious floodlights.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    You are in a place with some highly intelligent and creative people, if we can't come up with a solution other than a security system I would be sad.
    Lol.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    [How about a shitload of lights to start with? Turn night into daytime, and makes the camera work a whole lot easier.
    Yep, this would simplify things a lot and allow you to use much cheaper cameras. Is it doable though? Most neighbors don't appreciate obnoxious floodlights.
    Make them motion sensitive.

Thread Information