Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worst "Big Name" QB in NFL Today

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoorb View Post
    Mark "selfie" sanchez. Guy was posting selfies to his instagram last week before the eagles must win v washington
    Not a starter.

Load Metric
    What has Philip Rivers ever done? Oh ya, throw a lot of interceptions.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I have only been following nfl seriosly for 3 years, but no fucking way does that guy belong in this thread
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Phil Simms most overrated QB of all time.

Watched this fucker play for years.

Sub mediocre skills but he had a great team around him.

Know hes not playing now but the people need to know.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

0-19 on road vs winning teams or something like that/thread
    Most incredible is that Matt Stafford is prolly the best QB in Lions history. Lions are one of the oldest franchises too. Defies belief.

Even Bobby Layne was worse than Stafford. Layne 118TD & 182INT. I don't have George Plimpton's numbers.

Stafford suffers very little criticism. Detroit prolly feels blessed given their miserable history.

This all goes a long way to explaining why Michigan & Harbaugh is such a big story and why Michigan has such huge revenue.

College football owns in areas that are either rural or lack a successful professional franchise. Detroit Lions support college football in a big way. In contrast, Boston college sports are completely ignored - and Boston is college town USA.

Stafford always reminded me of Tony Romo but it really isn't close and is unfair to Romo.

The Lions are such a good team. The receivers save Stafford with YAC. They are peaking but will be done & disbanded by the time Stafford's contract is up.

Can you imagine Brady with Lions for a year?

Edit: how is Brady not automatic for MVP this year? The Patriots are dreadful & only have pockets of talent. Yet here they are with a bye, & home field.

I would snap ship Brady to Detroit, get the NFL package & wager my house on the futures next year.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Paper Lion rep

herbertstemple: Why no love for Gary Danielsin?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-29-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Stafford decision making is terrible under pressure but when the Lions run the hurry up offense he is actually one of the better QB's in the league with that.

If you all don't believe me then you haven't seen the Lions make some crazy fourth quarter comebacks several weeks the past few years like I have.

Stafford = missing targets wide left and right but still a hurry up offense GOD.

Load Metric
    In a deal turned into the NFL office Monday, quarterback Tom Brady restructured his contract to give the New England Patriots $24 million more in cash to spend this offseason, according to league sources.

Under the new deal,Brady changed the $24 million in "skill" guarantee to only "injury" guarantee, meaning that Brady now would get the guaranteed money only if he were injured.

Brady also now can be released by the Patriots without any liability, but he then would become an unrestricted free agent, free to command the type of guaranteed money he has agreed to surrender.

Would Detroit take a wounded Brady?

The Boston guys gotta love this bet by Brady. If you have seen his offensive line lately you can appreciate what a +EV bet Brady is making. Brady getting sacked and crippled is a lock.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Andy Dalton
    my pick too. cuntler close 2nd

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Still active in week 19?

Is it a fluke Flacco finds himself here again?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Still active in week 19?

No because he is pretty smart and has had good support around him and he has the tools to win

Load Metric

Still active in week 19?

No because he is pretty smart and has had good support around him and he has the tools to win
    Flacco and 7? Or will you pass on this?

Belichick is the wild card (vs 2 Harbaughs).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Flacco and 7? Or will you pass on this?

Belichick is the wild card (vs 2 Harbaughs).
    While Baltimore has had success going into Gillette I would pass. New Englands track record is too good, best defense they have had in a long time. Baltimore is like 1-6 vs winning teams this year. Last time they played Pats they lost 41-9 and they needed that win to get into playoffs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Link to anywhere that refers to him as a "big name". Even the guys in the MNF booth discussed how average he was.
    Pretty sure any QB that has been a 4 year undisputed starter & been to the playoffs 4 times qualifies for this thread. Discussing how average he really is, is kinda the point of the thread.

My vote goes to Joe Flacco. He wanted to be considered elite, then went out & won a SB & got paid like an elite QB but he's really not IMO. He's a serviceable QB making a lot of $ so good for him. He did lead his team to the playoffs again this year despite all the distractions so I could be wrong.
    Yeah you are wrong.

And for the record Flacco gives no fucks about being considered "elite" whatever the hell that means. That is why he is so utterly dominant in playoffs, nothing bothers him.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Grown man who cares about his avatar's score rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Pretty sure any QB that has been a 4 year undisputed starter & been to the playoffs 4 times qualifies for this thread. Discussing how average he really is, is kinda the point of the thread.

My vote goes to Joe Flacco. He wanted to be considered elite, then went out & won a SB & got paid like an elite QB but he's really not IMO. He's a serviceable QB making a lot of $ so good for him. He did lead his team to the playoffs again this year despite all the distractions so I could be wrong.
    Yeah you are wrong.

And for the record Flacco gives no fucks about being considered "elite" whatever the hell that means. That is why he is so utterly dominant in playoffs, nothing bothers him.
    Yeah, I'm probably wrong, & admitted that in the last 4 words of my post when I wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I could be wrong
    , but Flacco does give a fuck about being considered elite because he came right out & said it. He backed it up by winning the SB & I also gave him credit for doing that.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Give him hell HG, he is a POS troll. The guy has never been in a good mode.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I bet against baltimore a LOT because I thought Flacco sucked... It cost me a shitload of money

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: Facts.

Load Metric
    lol. People are insane acting like flacco is the greatest playoff QB ever or something. There is so much variance in the nfl playoffs, and it is such a small sample size. Brady started his career 10-0 in the playoffs, and in the 9 years since then hes 8-8 in the playoffs. Did he suddenly become a worse playoff qb? Did he suddenly become less clutch? The only safe assumption right now is that Peyton Manning sux in the playoffs. He has almost 2 full seasons worth of playoff starts, and a record below .500. I think his sample size is big enough.

The Artist Formerly Known as Jewdonk
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    lol. People are insane acting like flacco is the greatest playoff QB ever or something. There is so much variance in the nfl playoffs, and it is such a small sample size. Brady started his career 10-0 in the playoffs, and in the 9 years since then hes 8-8 in the playoffs. Did he suddenly become a worse playoff qb? Did he suddenly become less clutch? The only safe assumption right now is that Peyton Manning sux in the playoffs. He has almost 2 full seasons worth of playoff starts, and a record below .500. I think his sample size is big enough.

HOF

/THREAD

(on a side note, I don't give a fuck who wins the Superbowl as long as Dallas loses)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is this a level? I'm no Philip Rivers fan but the dude is 5th alltime in TD to interception ratio. You drunk?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Is this a level? I'm no Philip Rivers fan but the dude is 5th alltime in TD to interception ratio. You drunk?
    Jesus. I had no idea Rivers did that well in TD/INT. I knew that Aaron Rodgers was in a class completely by himself.

http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/ca...ing-tdintratio

Check out Jeff Garcia, basically tied with Montana and Big Ben.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Rodgers is god

Thread Information