Thread: attn nerds: question about the end of the Dune series

Load Metric

attn nerds: question about the end of the Dune series

So I watched the TV series: Dune + Children of Dune and my understanding is that at the end, Paul is basically immortal and spends his life running around looking for ways to die, ok fine.

But he also tells his sister that "the desert is dying" which is significant; no desert = no worms = no spice = *civilization crumbles and humanity is relegated to isolated planets with no means to communicate with each other*.

Like, fucking really? Is there anything in the books that indicates that Paul manages to save the desert/worms/spice instead of basically suicide moping 24/7/365? Or is that seriously the note that these books end on?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    FYI I read the first Dune book when I was 14 and I expect someday I'll get around to reading the other 2, but wow is that ever not on the agenda anytime soon plus I already watched the series end so I aint giving fucks about spoilers.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information