Here is a comparison between Total Rewards (Caesars) and Mlife (MGM)....

Total Rewards has 4 levels: Gold (entry), Platinum, Diamond, and Seven Stars

Mlife has 5 levels: Sapphire (entry), Pearl, Gold, Platinum, Noir

You reach these levels by earning tier credits. However, the tier credits are very different between the two property groups.

Total Rewards:
$10 slots coin-in earns 2 tier credits
$10 VP coin-in earns 1 tier credit
* Certain high-return VP machines will only earn as little as 0.2 tier credits per $10 at some properties

Mlife:
$10 slots coin-in earns 33.3 tier credits
$10 VP coin-in earns 10 tier credits
* Certain slot machines (with high licensing fees) only earn 10 tier credits per $10

This gives the appearance that Mlife is way better, but you also need a lot more tier credits to earn each level. Below is an approximate equivalency for each tier level at the two property groups. Note that I am listing coin-in for "typical" VP, and not slots.

TR Gold = Mlife Sapphire (both 0 coin-in)

TR Platinum ($50,000 coin-in) = Mlife Pearl ($25,000 coin-in) and Mlife Gold ($75,000 coin-in)

TR Diamond ($150,000 coin-in) = Mlife Platinum ($200,000 coin-in)

TR Seven Stars ($1,500,000 coin-in) = Mlife Noir (invite only)

It is important to understand that the TR coin-in can be reduced by as much as a factor of 3 by earning 'bonus' tier credits for heavy play in one day. So you can get to Diamond for just $50,000 coin-in, and Seven Stars for $500,000 coin-in.

It is also important to understand that Noir is "invite only", and it is up to Mlife whether you get there. It is not clear to me what criteria is used to invite you, but it is likely based upon per-trip theoretical loss, meaning it's not good for people who are grinding VP just to get the tier level. It is also possible they won't invite you to the program if you use too many comps and don't generate enough theoretical loss.

Seven Stars also masquerades as "invite only", but it isn't really. While you are not guaranteed Seven Stars at 150,000 tier credits, they tend to approve everyone who doesn't have outstanding marker debt and is in good standing at their properties.

Given all of the above, it is easier to make the Seven Stars tiers than the MGM tiers.

Putting that aside for the moment, let's look at the benefits. I will do that in my next post.