Thread: Microsoft Files Suit Against Tech Support Scammers

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric

Microsoft Files Suit Against Tech Support Scammers

After Receiving 65,000 Complaints, Microsoft Files Suit Against Tech Support Scammers

Thought Druff would get a kick out of this, after punishing the scammers that tried to pull exactly that technique on him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Better late then never with this.

The girl in the video explaining things has the ugliest neck I ever seen in my life.

Load Metric
    I've gotten more of these scam calls in the last 6 months than I can ever remember. Sometimes I play with them for a few minutes & sometimes I just tell them to fuck off.

Also, anybody notice an increase in phishing emails. I must get 5 a day. The main ones lately are supposedly from Apple telling me somebody has used my non-existent account to download something or Paypal telling me my account has been restricted. I don't know if it does any good but I report it as a "phishing scam" under "junk" in hotmail.

edit: just received one of these from Apple while I was writing this post.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 12-22-2014 at 08:27 AM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I've gotten more of these scam calls in the last 6 months than I can ever remember. Sometimes I play with them for a few minutes & sometimes I just tell them to fuck off.

Also, anybody notice an increase in phishing emails. I must get 5 a day. The main ones lately are supposedly from Apple telling me somebody has used my non-existent account to download something or Paypal telling me my account has been restricted. I don't know if it does any good but I report it as a "phishing scam" under "junk" in hotmail.

edit: just received one of these from Apple while I was writing this post.

Weird. I used to have a lot of the same issues back in the day when I used a PC. Now I only use a machine from Apple & have a gmail account.

This literally hasn't happened to me in over 3 years. I get real Apple emails when I buy something from iTunes or whatever but none of them have been fake shady or weird in any way whatsoever.

I know there are a lot of reasons why people are sticking with their PC's ie. gaming, more powerful computational power if necessary, cost, program compatibility etc. but for just a reg person doing reg web browsing, email etc. the Apple platform offers a lot of security.

Thread Information