Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Total noob toolbag goes on huge heater

Silver
    Load Metric

Total noob toolbag goes on huge heater

Admittedly i basically stole this from pocketfives but this dude is mildly entertaining... bought in for 2k on bovada and starts winning every hand while videotaping himself and streaming it on some site called Twitcher

link:

Comments

Sanlmar: It was entertaining pick +1

Banned
    Load Metric
    I watched some of this live on Twitch. He ran it up to 40k, then proceeded to lose 20k. His brother (who supposedly plays professionally) urged him that he's just on a heater and that he should quit while ahead, but I don't think he's listening.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I watched this on twitch a bit the other night too when I couldn't sleep. He ran like GOD x INFINITY to get to 40k and left with most of it that night but the next day or two dropped the 20k.

He's actually streaming live right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/stickyrice1

This guy said something about his brother being a professional and he called him to tell him about this run and his bro is like cashout at least 30k now dude.

What is even funnier is I saw something when he was on the automatic downswing he was destined to have cause the dude sucks is the chat got him to play PLO and he jumped into either $5/10 or $10/20 and lost a buyin on what he thought was a flush because he didn't realize you have to use three cards from the board and he was trying to use 3 from his hand.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Someone try talking him into sitting at 30-60 limit holdem, and then let me know when he does.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Someone try talking him into sitting at 30-60 limit holdem, and then let me know when he does.
    Sounds like he is already back down to 5k lol.

Silver
    Load Metric
    playing 1/2 now tho... nowhere near the entertainment value as when he was donkstriking on 10/20

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    +1

Load Metric
    Kid's noobing it up again.

First time watching poker has made me smile in a long while.

Have to admit the Twitch phenomenon has piqued my interest.

1st: that kids do this shit all day
    2nd: that people donate
    3rd: the quality of many of these guys is surprisingly pretty good.

Edit: Entertainment quality I mean.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-19-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just loaded it up in time to see him make a stupid bet on the river when he flopped a set on a AJT board that brought a flush in and a four straight.

I will leave it playing in the background since I'm playing a bit myself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Just loaded it up in time to see him make a stupid bet on the river when he flopped a set on a AJT board that brought a flush in and a four straight.

I will leave it playing in the background since I'm playing a bit myself.
    That hand was brutal.

Join the HeebItUp Invitational B&P

Load Metric
    I don't deny the toolbag part but calling me a noob is crossing the line. I've been playing online for 10 years I'll have you know.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By any chance did he play 20-40/30-60 limit last night?

There was a really weird guy who was playing almost every single hand at 20-40, making horrible bluffs, and generally being a complete moron. Amazingly, he actually WON about 2k despite being there for a few hours. He just ran super well.

Then he took it to 30-60 and the wheels fell off. He chunked off all of the profits and left with like 800. This happened super quickly, and sadly I got none of it despite having position on him. The only hand I had against him, he made river trips against my AQ top pair.

Anyway, I wondered if it was him. He was chatting constantly and intentionally being very obnoxious.

Load Metric

There was a really weird guy who was playing almost every single hand at 20-40, making horrible bluffs, and generally being a complete moron. Amazingly, he actually WON about 2k despite being there for a few hours. He just ran super well.

Then he took it to 30-60 and the wheels fell off. He chunked off all of the profits and left with like 800. This happened super quickly, and sadly I got none of it despite having position on him. The only hand I had against him, he made river trips against my AQ top pair.

Anyway, I wondered if it was him. He was chatting constantly and intentionally being very obnoxious.
    There were moments early on when I thought the kid is slow playing his audience. Positive entertainment value if this were so.

For a kid who has only played 2 months and prolly never more than one table, I was impressed.

Kid had heart in the tough spots where noobs quit.

Became unbearable later watching him count his outs. He never has made the link between pot size, bet size and hand value.

He has stronger than average emotional balance (for a noob) from the little I've seen. He gets excited - that's just good tv. But he doesn't noob tilt too easy.

For a beginner, I was impressed.

Very very entertaining. There is no conventional televised poker I would watch for fun vs this kid.

Have to admit I was fighting the urge to donate in appreciation. Elected to just light the money on fire myself.

Shout out to Rollinx420 for introducing me to Twitch.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lots of people stream poker on twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Poker

When I get bored from time to time I look them up and most I turn off within a few minutes because they are boring. This guy is a maniac but he don't let things get to him (mostly plays it up for the stream) so if he ever learns a lot more about the game this could help him.

The thing is you can play an unorthodox style and with some run good you will get away with it for a while especially on an anon tables at bigger stakes where people are used to seeing someone so wild but eventually the regs at the higher stakes will recognize what he is doing and know it's him anytime he is playing.

I don't know if he ever plays without streaming cause if he don't then anyone aware of this guy just has to check on twitch to see it's him which they aren't going to see his hole cards until a few minutes later but just the confirmation alone of it being this guy is significant information.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

There were moments early on when I thought the kid is slow playing his audience. Positive entertainment value if this were so.

For a kid who has only played 2 months and prolly never more than one table, I was impressed.

Became unbearable later watching him count his outs. He never has made the link between pot size, bet size and hand value.

He has stronger than average emotional balance (for a noob) from the little I've seen. He gets excited - that's just good tv. But he doesn't noob tilt too easy.

Very very entertaining. There is no conventional televised poker I would watch for fun vs this kid.

Have to admit I was fighting the urge to donate in appreciation. Elected to just light the money on fire myself.

I only watched ten mins but on 99qq2 board the guy thought his 55 played.

Load Metric
    I looked at a couple others. Most viewers this afternoon were watching some 20 something kid play tournaments.

Why would anyone watch that?

Question: Do other regulars receive donations as frequently as the noob? Do kids like the noob have an opportunity to do advertising/commercials?

Some hero is going to get the mix right. If someone is a decent DJ & has great personality together with something like poker as a background this might be a nice little gig & a hit.

This noob pretty much has that mix now. You guys are too caught up in the poker. I am looking at this from the audience perspective.

SrslySirius will understand what I am getting at.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-19-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

I only watched ten mins but on 99qq2 board the guy thought his 55 played.
    I saw exactly that hand. He then immediately said something pretty advanced and I was wondering if he was hiding his ability.

He obviously has read a few things or watched some poker videos but has yet to integrate it all into his game.

So it says something about the knowledge & ideas that are to be had pretty quickly for beginners. Whatever it was that the kid said (can't remember) I thought to myself "I didn't think about that til YEARS after I started playing.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I looked at a couple others. Most viewers this afternoon were watching some 20 something kid play tournaments.

Why would anyone watch that?

Question: Do other regulars receive donations as frequently as the noob? Do kids like the noob have an opportunity to do advertising/commercials?

Some hero is going to get the mix right. If someone is a decent DJ & has great personality together with something like poker as a background this might be a nice little gig & a hit.

This noob pretty much has that mix now. You guys are too caught up in the poker. I am looking at this from the audience perspective.

SrslySirius will understand what I am getting at.
    I don't know much about twitch but you might find this vid interesting. I imagine girls make way more than guys.

nop idea if real but can totally see guys doing this....

Thread Information