Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OutDruffed (Boston lawyer going after Chinese restaurant)

Load Metric

OutDruffed (Boston lawyer going after Chinese restaurant)

Comments

1marley1: The 'Wu' rep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Harvard professor was being a dick.

You need to handle the mom-and-pop restaurants with care. You don't ever let them screw you, but at the same time, you need to tread lightly and work with them to resolve mistakes.

If I planned to go back to the place, I would have simply called them and pointed out the error, and asked for a $4 credit for next time.

I would have only "gone to war" if they refused to do this, and just told me to eat the $4 myself.

I agree with the professor that the "old menu prices on the web" thing is a lousy excuse, and the prices should be honored (both legally and ethically). However, the family agreed to do this quickly, and he was still being a dick about it.

Demanding they pay a "penalty" for this honest mistake is also really obnoxious.

Gold
    Load Metric
    How many people read the headline of the article and knew it was going to be about a Jew?
    Last edited by snake_in_the_ass; 12-09-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually had a more complicated version of the same thing: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-quot-question

Cliffs: A local pizza place (small chain) overcharged me by $5 because of errors on their website. As the website was operated by a third-party company, they couldn't simply refund it back to my credit card. To make things easy, I agreed to just let them give me a $5 credit for next time. However, the asshole owner said that I wouldn't be able to combine that $5 with a coupon next time, essentially negating the fix, because they have a coupon that's constantly available for that same amount. I tried to explain why their "solution" was still costing me money, and they weren't getting it.

The pizza place ultimately backed down and I still go there. But mine was a lot more complicated because their "fix" wasn't really fixing the problem, whereas crediting this Harvard guy $4 for next time would have totally solved it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually had a more complicated version of the same thing: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-quot-question

Cliffs: A local pizza place (small chain) overcharged me by $5 because of errors on their website. As the website was operated by a third-party company, they couldn't simply refund it back to my credit card. To make things easy, I agreed to just let them give me a $5 credit for next time. However, the asshole owner said that I wouldn't be able to combine that $5 with a coupon next time, essentially negating the fix, because they have a coupon that's constantly available for that same amount. I tried to explain why their "solution" was still costing me money, and they weren't getting it.

The pizza place ultimately backed down and I still go there. But mine was a lot more complicated because their "fix" wasn't really fixing the problem, whereas crediting this Harvard guy $4 for next time would have totally solved it.
    I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall you may have mentioned this episode previously.

Comments

Hockey Guy: He did, he linked the thread about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    druff you have a jewish twin you didnt know about terrorizing the streets of boston

Comments

bukowski72: Already posted and responded to Skatztard

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    he won't be tenured.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric

lol. what a dick.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric

prank call sichuan garden on the show tonight then?

http://sichuangardenrestaurant.com/contact

Load Metric
    Call on radio

Load Metric
    Damnit a minute late

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post

prank call sichuan garden on the show tonight then?

http://sichuangardenrestaurant.com/contact
    Name:  x4orhz.gif
Views: 494
Size:  966.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Name:  sichuanmenu.JPG
Views: 586
Size:  26.2 KB

at least they're updating their website prices

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Call on radio
    that or we could prank call benjamin?

http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Pages/pro...x?facId=417579

probably too late for that though

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

lol. what a dick.
    +1 talk about having way to much time on your hands, what a loser. Imagine being married to him...

Comments

1marley1: know how i know you're gay?

splitthis: Big dick not gay str8 america needs big dick

Load Metric

Finally, someone more Jewish than Druff

The funniest part is he gives a store owner a hard time about not updating his website, but the professor has a website from 1994: http://www.benedelman.org/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Jew is eating crow.

Many people have seen my emails with Ran Duan of Sichuan Garden restaurant in Brookline.

Having reflected on my interaction with Ran, including what I said and how I said it, it's clear that I was very much out of line. I aspire to act with great respect and humility in dealing with others, no matter what the situation. Clearly I failed to do so. I am sorry, and I intend to do better in the future.

I have reached out to Ran and will apologize to him personally as well.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    "Meanwhile, at Sichuan Garden, Ran Duan issued a statement on Wednesday, published on boston.com, saying the restaurant had received support from around the world, including offers for everything from legal advice to website services. He said he declined all offers, and even apologized to Harvard students for all the “negative association” they have been linked with in this ordeal"

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201....html#comments

Load Metric
    If you run a business

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A LAWYER

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Druff's twin has a history of doing this stuff. Last owner told him to fuck off. *giggling*

There’s More: Edelman Did This Before, And Worse

“It’s not cool for someone to use the Harvard name to intimidate any small business—even if the small business got one small thing wrong. There are very easy ways to handle things as a customer that don’t involve threats,” said Panagopoulos.

http://www.boston.com/food-dining/re...EYN/story.html

Thread Information