Thread: New CNN.com sucks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

New CNN.com sucks

The format of CNN.com changed today, and it's terrible. Everything way too big and bulky, so you have to scroll too much to see headlines.

The format was good. It has been the same for many years, but that doesn't mean it has to change. ESPN has had the same format since the 90s, with various tweaks to keep it from looking dated, and the site both looks great and is easy to navigate.

I hate when websites change things just for the sake of change.

Also they have an obnoxious lead story (since yesterday) of a terrorist describing his "torture" at Guantanamo in his own words. They don't back up the guy's claims, but let him present it to the world as fact. This was one of bin Laden's guards. They should not give these scumbags any airtime to trash the US or create sympathy for themselves. The guy's essay was ridiculous, claiming that the US' actions are shaming the American flag, as if a foreign terrorist cares about the American flag.

Usually I find CNN fairly centrist (a little left-leaning), but this was pretty bad.

Comments

ThreeBet: They are so horrible

Load Metric
    I agree, it is not a good looking or useful front page.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

simpdog: lol

ToasterOven: plop
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Looks the same to me, wonder if they already reverted.

PLOP gonna PLOP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Looks the same to me, wonder if they already reverted.

PLOP gonna PLOP
    Yeah it just reverted.

I got forced to something like beta.next.cnn.com earlier, so maybe they realized it was awful and dropped it.

Apparently they did this on Oct 29, and also reverted: http://www.newscaststudio.com/2014/1...ite-goes-live/

The screen shot from that day looked better than the crap I saw.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also they have an obnoxious lead story (since yesterday) of a terrorist describing his "torture" at Guantanamo in his own words. They don't back up the guy's claims, but let him present it to the world as fact. This was one of bin Laden's guards. They should not give these scumbags any airtime to trash the US or create sympathy for themselves. The guy's essay was ridiculous, claiming that the US' actions are shaming the American flag, as if a foreign terrorist cares about the American flag.
    First of all, CNN has always and will always suck. The main reason isn't because of the way they format their site, it's because not just CNN but all of the major news networks are used as a propaganda tool to disinform the public with 90%+ of their stories. You have to understand that there are powers that control these networks from higher up. The CIA basically own the media, they've had people on CIA payroll in management positions at the top media firms for a long time.

You question the authenticity of what this alleged terrorist says but you don't question whether this guy is a legit terrorist in the first place.How do you think he got mainstream tv time in the first place? How concenient that they drag this terrorist in from lol guantanamo and let him say what he want in front of millions of viewers. How do you not see the agenda behind this? smh, it begs belief that otherwise intelligent people like yourself can't see past this manipulation, especially considering you run a forum that specializes in fraud.

Comments

1marley1: dummy

Load Metric
    I read cnn.com and watch their channel sometimes and hate myself for it. They are horrible, horrible people that manipulate every story to breed hate and resentment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    First of all, CNN has always and will always suck. The main reason isn't because of the way they format their site, it's because not just CNN but all of the major news networks are used as a propaganda tool to disinform the public with 90%+ of their stories. You have to understand that there are powers that control these networks from higher up. The CIA basically own the media, they've had people on CIA payroll in management positions at the top media firms for a long time.

You question the authenticity of what this alleged terrorist says but you don't question whether this guy is a legit terrorist in the first place.How do you think he got mainstream tv time in the first place? How concenient that they drag this terrorist in from lol guantanamo and let him say what he want in front of millions of viewers. How do you not see the agenda behind this? smh, it begs belief that otherwise intelligent people like yourself can't see past this manipulation, especially considering you run a forum that specializes in fraud.

Comments

RegGaymer: gfy mainstream follower rep
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    How do you not see the agenda behind this? smh, it begs belief that otherwise intelligent people like yourself can't see past this manipulation, especially considering you run a forum that specializes in fraud.
    Are you using our posts to defraud people Druff? Damnit, knew this free forum was too good to be true. Does the radio show specialize in fraud too? I feel violated.

Thanks for the heads up Reg. Contacting the authorities as we speak.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "dummy" - 1marley1

Here's a thought, you should only be allowed to use the rep function if you contribute to the forum with actual posts. Because you get worthless motherfuckers like this Marley person who never posts but frequently red reps.

Comments

PLOL: Neg rep from somebody who posts

1marley1: good thought

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Are you using our posts to defraud people Druff? Damnit, knew this free forum was too good to be true. Does the radio show specialize in fraud too? I feel violated.

Fraud is the niche usp of the site, you know full well what I meant. If we can spot a fraudster in the poker world then why can't we do the same in the world of media? Is it beyond your threshold of mental faculty? Why don't you piss off back to 2+2 seen as you love it so much, plenty of smart ass know nothing poker obsessive trolls over there.

Comments

1marley1: ead?

Load Metric
    Fraud is the niche usp of the site, you know full well what I meant.
    Well said.

About 8 months ago I finally deleted CNN from my bookmarks. It hasn't been a credible news org for a looking time. Just looked through my old twitpic to find these headlines, some of my favorites from CNN. One's from March 2010, the other a year later.

Name:  75722063.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  65.9 KBName:  253974387.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  62.8 KB

Load Metric
    This is all you really need to know CNN has no credibility:

There's better quality videos but I chose this one because it's Jon Stewart being funny.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

Fraud is the niche usp of the site, you know full well what I meant. If we can spot a fraudster in the poker world then why can't we do the same in the world of media? Is it beyond your threshold of mental faculty? Why don't you piss off back to 2+2 seen as you love it so much, plenty of smart ass know nothing poker obsessive trolls over there.
    Got way too much penetration on that button I pressed Reg.

I'll be more gentle next time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When Yasser Arafat died, CNN put up a sweet tribute graphic to him, complete with a scripted-font saying, "Yasser Arafat, 1929-2004" with smiling pic of him.

I just scratch my head sometimes reading that site.

They have done a few good things, such as their investigative report which opened the country's eyes to the VA hospital waiting list scandal earlier this year, but it has really become lolbad over there.

Also, they have disabled comments on most stories because they got tired of moderating the fighting.

Load Metric
    When Yasser Arafat died, CNN put up a sweet tribute graphic to him, complete with a scripted-font saying, "Yasser Arafat, 1929-2004" with smiling pic of him.

I just scratch my head sometimes reading that site.

They have done a few good things, such as their investigative report which opened the country's eyes to the VA hospital waiting list scandal earlier this year, but it has really become lolbad over there.

Also, they have disabled comments on most stories because they got tired of moderating the fighting.
    The best commentary is when Drudge runs one of their story headlines on his page, then all the righty's go in and try to dismantle the place. More often then not they end up looking like worse loons than the lefty's.

Thread Information