Thread: Get free money from AT&T

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Get free money from AT&T

The FTC finally clamped down on AT&T billing fraudulent charges for third party services, such as horoscopes, recipes, jokes, gossip, etc. Most of these companies tricked consumers into buying paid services that they thought were free, or just outright billed people who never ordered them in the first place (the latter happened to my dad).

Even if this didn't happen to you, you're eligible for money provided you had an AT&T cell phone sometime between January 1, 2009 and now.

You do not need to provide any documentation.

It is not clear how much you will get, and the money won't come for 9 or more months (LOL).

http://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases...t-mobility-llc

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    With that said, I've probably received a check about 10% of the time I've been promised one via a class action like this.

I don't bother following it up because the amount is so small, but these things pretty much make a ton of money for lawyers and no one else.

If you have some time, though, fill out the form and hope you get something.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    With that said, I've probably received a check about 10% of the time I've been promised one via a class action like this.
    I've had better success then 10% and probably more like 60-70%. The problem is some of these can be a pain in the ass because they will make you follow up with more forms and survey crap,etc... If you don't then they stop contacting you and you never will receive a dime.

As for the amount you get it all depends on how many people go through this process since if they have to pay back "XX amount" it gets disbursed according to however they have it setup whether it be everyone gets a flat amount, the amount of time after the date you have had AT&T,etc...

One time I remember receiving around $50 from a credit card company privacy agreement thing they screwed up that I filled out for the class action lawsuit and another time for something else I can't remember I got like $2. I received a few more usually around $15 to $30 range from what I recall.

Thread Information