Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winning Poker Network (ACR/BCP) CEO Live on Twitch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Winning Poker Network (ACR/BCP) CEO Live on Twitch

Guy is answering chat questions talking about the poker market, Amaya monopoly,etc..

Just figured I'd share if anyone is bored and wants to hear what a CEO of an American citizen accepting poker site has to say.

http://www.twitch.tv/justsomefish72

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Guy is answering chat questions talking about the poker market, Amaya monopoly,etc..

Just figured I'd share if anyone is bored and wants to hear what a CEO of an American citizen accepting poker site has to say.

Does twitch archive this kind of stuff?

If so, can you point me to it?

Caught the end of that ...

He said Winning was going to do deposits & payouts with Bitcoin in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-26-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

All depends on the streamer and if they have it setup for archiving. If this gets archived it would probably be found here:

http://www.twitch.tv/justsomefish72/...ast_broadcasts

He said he will do a write up blog on this over on Americas Cardroom website sometime in the next few days and will be doing Q&A streams like this during future events with "The Cage".

Load Metric

All depends on the streamer and if they have it setup for archiving. If this gets archived it would probably be found here:

http://www.twitch.tv/justsomefish72/...ast_broadcasts

He said he will do a write up blog on this over on Americas Cardroom website sometime in the next few days and will be doing Q&A streams like this during future events with "The Cage".
    Sorry, I missed it. Not interested in the sanitized blog version posted to ACR as much as I wanted to hear a CEO multitasking -answering chat, video, watching tournament.

You would get closer to unvarnished, stream-of-consciousness honesty. Not the CEO measured answers.

What do you think about his Bitcoin announcement? Happened precisely as the tournament ended. He cut his Bitcoin comments short to wrap up tourney and broadcast.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What do you think about his Bitcoin announcement? Happened precisely as the tournament ended. He cut his Bitcoin comments short to wrap up tourney and broadcast.
    I listened to a lot of it while playing a session and he mentioned bitcoin a few times throughout the broadcast. He said they are testing bitcoin cashouts right now and hopes they will be live in a few weeks.

WPN intends to have a Mac client and a mobile version sometime next year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dude is streaming again at the same link today at 4pm if anyone cares. I doubt I will watch any of cause it's NFL Sunday obv.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am surprised that none of these US-facing rooms are taking bitcoin at this point. Why not? It's less illegal to do that than accepting credit cards and miscoding the transactions.

The fact that a bitcoin poker room currently exists shows that there is a market for it, and poker players in the bitcoin community are, as a whole, pretty bad. (I'm excepting the existing poker players who later got into bitcoin.)

If I wasn't afraid of going to prison for it, I would totally start up a bitcoin payment processing service for online poker and pitch it to all of the sites.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Bovada offered bitcoin that would be amazing.

Load Metric
    I listened to a lot of it while playing a session and he mentioned bitcoin a few times throughout the broadcast. He said they are testing bitcoin cashouts right now and hopes they will be live in a few weeks.

WPN intends to have a Mac client and a mobile version sometime next year.
    They have been saying a Mac client is a couple months away since 2013.

There is a LoL thread about it on 4.

I may finally start playing there between 27% rakeback and the Sit and Crush but it won't be on one of my Mac's anytime soon.

Poker Info Master
    Load Metric
    Didn't see there was a thread about this, but this guy makes Micon seemed focused.

Comments

limp donk bingo: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevmath View Post
    Didn't see there was a thread about this, but this guy makes Micon seemed focused.
    LOL! His attention span is horrible. He starts talking about something and reads chat the entire time then jumps off what he does to talk to them then comes back to what he's trying to discuss for about 20 seconds then starts commenting on chat again.

The idea of a CEO of a poker network taking his time out to do this seems is cool but this guy "Phil" can be extremely painful to listen to at times. He should have his assistant viewing the chat, copying questions that are good to come back to,etc. while he stays talking about the topic he's on.

Here is the first broadcast he did archived:

Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 11-30-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I am surprised that none of these US-facing rooms are taking bitcoin at this point. Why not? It's less illegal to do that than accepting credit cards and miscoding the transactions.

The fact that a bitcoin poker room currently exists shows that there is a market for it, and poker players in the bitcoin community are, as a whole, pretty bad. (I'm excepting the existing poker players who later got into bitcoin.)

If I wasn't afraid of going to prison for it, I would totally start up a bitcoin payment processing service for online poker and pitch it to all of the sites.
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...eport-1466003/

CalvinAyre.com has covered a lot of bitcoin stuff in positive light so dece chance of Bovada taking bitcoin in future.

so instead of promoting a freeroll site lol why dont u do something like promote a skin of SWC to compete with Micon?

at the beginning of every radio show you brag about how this podcast has given away more in freerolls than any other podcast. false. donkdown gave away 10 bitcoins every week for like a year.

Comments

4Dragons: posting 4 links

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...eport-1466003/

CalvinAyre.com has covered a lot of bitcoin stuff in positive light so dece chance of Bovada taking bitcoin in future.

so instead of promoting a freeroll site lol why dont u do something like promote a skin of SWC to compete with Micon?

at the beginning of every radio show you brag about how this podcast has given away more in freerolls than any other podcast. false. donkdown gave away 10 bitcoins every week for like a year.
    Donkdown doesn't give away any bitcoins.

Seals does, because it's a for-profit poker room. Huge difference.

I don't want to associate myself with any bitcoin poker rooms for legal reasons. Otherwise I would have started one a long time ago.

Load Metric

Donkdown doesn't give away any bitcoins.

Seals does, because it's a for-profit poker room. Huge difference.
    ehhhhhhhh.. i disagree. the coins were given away on seals, but given by donkdown.

I don't want to associate myself with any bitcoin poker rooms for legal reasons. Otherwise I would have started one a long time ago.
    bullshit, you promoted Hero Poker, an illegal poker site.

no you wouldnt have. the reason you didnt start one a long time ago is because you thought bitcoin was shitcoin.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    ehhhhhhhh.. i disagree. the coins were given away on seals, but given by donkdown.
    Just to be clear Micon only gave that many coins away when BitCoin cost nothing.

If I gave away an ounce of gold when it was $100, I couldn't today say I gave away $1200.

I gave away $100.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi don't fear the law cause he is entering the bitcoin poker market.

http://calvinayre.com/2014/11/28/pok...dio-interview/

Load Metric

Actually you will not go to prison. You rat out the sites after stealing millions from them, and in the process wreck thousands of players lives and futures, while hooking up with a cushy life in the witness protection program.

You were in more danger over that $7 meal.

Load Metric
    Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi don't fear the law cause he is entering the bitcoin poker market.

Calvinayre.com is absolute gold. I am only a recent follower. The insights and opinions offered appear absent any spin toward Bovada.

Which has caused me to wonder as the industry shakes out & consolidates....

What is Calvin Ayre's endgame?

I will tell you this. His model is what Amaya PokerStars is moving toward IMO. I think Bovada has hit it perfectly. He was way out in front of everyone else with his anonymous tables & sports book.

Do you think he might be acquired? What value other than his customer list is there at Bovada? Ayre's operation is prolly debt free.

I am guessing the WU development was strictly WU's initiative. Not Ayre playing nice. It is possible this is some heat from the Fed's. I don't know, but it's fun to think about.

Load Metric

“I always worry about money. I have an expensive lifestyle, and three children. They are my first priority. So I am always worried about money. When I become a multi-millionaire I won’t worry about money, because I will put it to good use.”
    Amazing how with 14.4 million in career poker money he's still relatively broke. Further proves how valuable the sponsorships were pre Black-Friday. You either were sponsored, or staked by someone who was sponsored that hit it big.

He does always seem to bink a major tournament when he's totally down and out. Likely due to filing for bankruptcy/a multi-million dollar win in 2015.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He is online now. Going to be talking about bitcoin.

Comments

PLOL: ty

RichardBrodiesCombover.: Off my dick, loser

Thread Information