Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton This guy is SICK

Load Metric

Josh Hamilton This guy is SICK

Monster game tonight. http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=395419

5 for 5 with 4 homers, & a double for 18 total bases & 8 RBI in a nine inning game. Hamilton leads the AL with 14 homers and 36 RBIs and is batting .406.

Can you imagine if this guy hadn't almost thrown it all away & missed a few seasons?

I'm sorry, I could have put this in the MLB thread but this is so SICK it deserves it's own thread.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hockey, I am in the middle of a project, but I got a pretty good Hamilton story for ya.

Your right, he is a fucking beast.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    hockey, I am in the middle of a project, but I got a pretty good Hamilton story for ya.

Did you play with him or cross paths with him during his troubles in the Tampa Rays organization?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    That's a sick line, don't think I have ever seen 4 HRs and a double. Nuts!!!

Load Metric
    great feat it's been done before JH has joined a special group:

Player *** Date *** Team *** Opposing team *** Score ***Career HR

Bobby Loweº May 30, 1894 Boston Beaneaters Cincinnati Reds 20–11 71 [9]
    Ed Delahanty† July 13, 1896 Philadelphia Phillies Chicago Colts 8–9‡ 101 [10]
    Lou Gehrigº† June 3, 1932 New York Yankees Philadelphia Athletics 20–13 493 [11]
    Chuck Klein† July 10, 1936 Philadelphia Phillies Pittsburgh Pirates 9–6 300 [12]
    Pat Seerey July 18, 1948 Chicago White Sox Philadelphia Athletics 12–11 86 [13]
    Gil Hodges August 31, 1950 Brooklyn Dodgers Boston Braves 19–3 370 [14]
    Joe Adcock July 31, 1954 Milwaukee Braves Brooklyn Dodgers 15–7 336 [15][16]
    Rocky Colavitoº June 10, 1959 Cleveland Indians Baltimore Orioles 11–8 374 [17][18]
    Willie Mays† April 30, 1961 San Francisco Giants Milwaukee Braves 14–4 660 [19][20]
    Mike Schmidtº† April 17, 1976 Philadelphia Phillies Chicago Cubs 18–16 548 [21][22]
    Bob Horner July 6, 1986 Atlanta Braves Montreal Expos 8–11‡ 218 [23][24]
    Mark Whiten September 7, 1993 St. Louis Cardinals Cincinnati Reds 15–2 105 [25][26]
    Mike Cameronº May 2, 2002 Seattle Mariners Chicago White Sox 15–4 266 [27][28]
    Shawn Green May 23, 2002 Los Angeles Dodgers Milwaukee Brewers 16–3 328 [29][30]
    Carlos Delgadoº September 25, 2003 Toronto Blue Jays Tampa Bay Devil Rays 10–8 473 [31][32]
    Josh Hamilton* May 8, 2012 Texas Rangers Baltimore Orioles 10-3 132* [33]
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 05-08-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Did you play with him or cross paths with him during his troubles in the Tampa Rays organization?
    I knew Josh when he was 16. We used to travel a bit together to different tournaments and such. Well I remember him being the most socially awkward kid I had ever seen. His mother, (never saw his father) was just an absolute asshole. He was allowed to play baseball, and that is it. He wasn't allowed to socialize with other kids after the games, he wasn't allowed to go to team dinners, just normal teenager stuff was completely off limits. His mother at the time, and I swear to this, knew she had a gold mine in her grasps. Which yes she did, but holding him back back all those years from being a kid, backfired on her and crushed him for many years.

When he first got to be on his own he really didn't know how to act. all he wanted to do was fit in and we really all know his story from there.

When we were 15 or 16, I really can't remember exactly what age we were because I don't know if it was the summer or fall. Anyways, our coach brought he and I to a major league tryout. It was a simple open tryout for college players, but we didn't know this. We drove 30 minutes from our hotel to go to this, and we were both excited, so we lied and said we went to some small division 3 college. We could pass as college players as he was about 6'1, and I about 6'.

Well about 20 minutes into the tryout, after doing our times in the 60 yard dash, it was Josh's turn to hit. You were guaranteed 2 bunts, and ten swings. Well Josh put on a fucking hitting display. Homer after homer after homer. I think he ended up hitting 30 pitches, at least 25 of them went out of the park.

Long story short, Josh was hands down the best player there. He was so much better than everyone, and it wasn't even close. After the tryout the 2 scouts on hand came running to talk to him. They start asking questions about him and of course he was like a mute. Our coach stepped in and of course explained to them that he was only a highschool sophmore.

Josh was really a man child back then, but what people really don't know if he was actually a pitcher too. In his senior year of highschool he could pitch 95mph+ off the mound, and a couple of times reached 100.

He was and still is just an amazing talent. I wonder how great he would of been if he didn't get into all the bullshit.

Load Metric
    I knew Josh when he was 16. We used to travel a bit together to different tournaments and such. Well I remember him being the most socially awkward kid I had ever seen. His mother, (never saw his father) was just an absolute asshole. He was allowed to play baseball, and that is it. He wasn't allowed to socialize with other kids after the games, he wasn't allowed to go to team dinners, just normal teenager stuff was completely off limits. His mother at the time, and I swear to this, knew she had a gold mine in her grasps. Which yes she did, but holding him back back all those years from being a kid, backfired on her and crushed him for many years.

When he first got to be on his own he really didn't know how to act. all he wanted to do was fit in and we really all know his story from there.

When we were 15 or 16, I really can't remember exactly what age we were because I don't know if it was the summer or fall. Anyways, our coach brought he and I to a major league tryout. It was a simple open tryout for college players, but we didn't know this. We drove 30 minutes from our hotel to go to this, and we were both excited, so we lied and said we went to some small division 3 college. We could pass as college players as he was about 6'1, and I about 6'.

Well about 20 minutes into the tryout, after doing our times in the 60 yard dash, it was Josh's turn to hit. You were guaranteed 2 bunts, and ten swings. Well Josh put on a fucking hitting display. Homer after homer after homer. I think he ended up hitting 30 pitches, at least 25 of them went out of the park.

Long story short, Josh was hands down the best player there. He was so much better than everyone, and it wasn't even close. After the tryout the 2 scouts on hand came running to talk to him. They start asking questions about him and of course he was like a mute. Our coach stepped in and of course explained to them that he was only a highschool sophmore.

Josh was really a man child back then, but what people really don't know if he was actually a pitcher too. In his senior year of highschool he could pitch 95mph+ off the mound, and a couple of times reached 100.

He was and still is just an amazing talent. I wonder how great he would of been if he didn't get into all the bullshit.

I remember reading his story in SI?? when he first made it to the show with Cincinatti & couldn't get over thinking how he never really had a chance. I remember thinking that he was ruined by his parents & they sent a kid out into the world with absolutely no social skills with which to cope. This is a lot more common than we realize.

I have no sympathy for drug addicts but he seriously never had a chance & am happy he turned his life around. Of course he is 1 bad decision away from throwing it all away again.

I remember reading the Bryce Harper story in SI years later & thinking to myself I hope he's not another Josh Hamilton in the bad way. Shit like that can ruin a kid & I wish SI would stop doing these types of stories. It actually sickens me that SI does stories like this. All they are doing is setting kids up for a fall. I mean seriously, how can he possibly live up to that story? If they are right they will say "see we were the first ones to tell you how great this guy was" & if he fails the story is "he had it all but he threw it all away with bad choices".
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric

This story reminds me so much of Todd Marinovich. His father was so strict on him. I heard that Todd's diet in high school was only chicken and if he had another type of protein that his body would reject it. When he got to USC he rebelled against his father and ended up with the wrong crowd. His career never went anywhere and if his father had just a shred of decency that Todd could have had a HOF career.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is a fairly decent documentary that espn did a year or two ago. It gets even more in depth with what you said. His father had him lifting heavy weights at age 7.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Got him in the 3rd round round with the 10th pick...Pretty slick...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    There is a fairly decent documentary that espn did a year or two ago. It gets even more in depth with what you said. His father had him lifting heavy weights at age 7.

Everyone is hating on these guys but you dont ever hear anyone bashing Earl Woods?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    Got him in the 3rd round round with the 10th pick...Pretty slick...

Load Metric

True story- I know a local dentist fairly well. A few years back Josh was in town for a game and had an abcessed tooth. Through the team they made an appointment for him after a game at like 10:30pm. I went with my buddy and hung out and "assisted" him during the procedure (getting him a few rags and moving a light was about the extent of it). Josh showed up by himself with just one buddy (i didnt recognize him as a player) and was a nice guy throughout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Everyone is hating on these guys but you dont ever hear anyone bashing Earl Woods?
    I don't believe in bashing the dead but he received his share from a lot of people, including myself, when he was alive. There's a reason Tiger is an asshole.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I have got trashed with Hamilton's sister on numerous occasions.. She is a bigger drunk/druggie than he is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I remember reading his story in SI?? when he first made it to the show with Cincinatti & couldn't get over thinking how he never really had a chance. I remember thinking that he was ruined by his parents & they sent a kid out into the world with absolutely no social skills with which to cope. This is a lot more common than we realize.

I have no sympathy for drug addicts but he seriously never had a chance & am happy he turned his life around. Of course he is 1 bad decision away from throwing it all away again.

I remember reading the Bryce Harper story in SI years later & thinking to myself I hope he's not another Josh Hamilton in the bad way. Shit like that can ruin a kid & I wish SI would stop doing these types of stories. It actually sickens me that SI does stories like this. All they are doing is setting kids up for a fall. I mean seriously, how can he possibly live up to that story? If they are right they will say "see we were the first ones to tell you how great this guy was" & if he fails the story is "he had it all but he threw it all away with bad choices".
    When you read this story(thanks Templar) you should maybe rethink you're stance
    on drug addicts. From my experience in rehab most of the people there had some AWFUL stories
    to tell. The same goes for the poor souls who take their own lives.

Load Metric
    Was this part of the 30 for 30 series? I have been meaning to pick that up on BluRay. Did they touch on the fact that Todd had a brother and was also groomed to be a QB at USC and USC turned him away and told him that they would not let him join the team due to his father?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yea Limitles,

Everyone has a reason for how, when, and why, they do or did the things they do. I can relate to some drug addicts in the sense that they have some of the same characteristics as a gambling addict. And well I am not afraid to admit that I was close to suicide a few times. I admit it because for many years I was in a very dark place, and if I can get out, anyone can. I have a lot of respect for people who can admit they have a problem and do something about it. I have even more respect for people who stay out of the shit, and try to be a role model for others.

A lot of times as we all know, gambling and drug abuse go hand in hand. I am one of the lucky few who thankfully have never touched the shit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Was this part of the 30 for 30 series? I have been meaning to pick that up on BluRay. Did they touch on the fact that Todd had a brother and was also groomed to be a QB at USC and USC turned him away and told him that they would not let him join the team due to his father?
    Yea Bootsy that sounds really familiar. They touched a lot of how hard his father was on the kids.

Thread Information