Thread: Bitcoin / blockchain help please

Gold
    Load Metric

Bitcoin / blockchain help please

I'm pretty fucking frustrated right now. If anyone can shine some light on this please do.

At 6am today I transferred some btc from nitrogen sports to blockchain, once I received the transfer at blockchain I then transferred the btc coinbase.

Now when log into blockchain the amount I transfered to coinbase is gone, the transaction says it as 41 confirmations(whatever that means) and the btc still hasn't shown up at coinbase yet. Am I retarded? Do transactions take over 8 hours? I cut and pasted my coinbase btc address so I don't think I fucked up sending it out of blockchain. I just have a bad feeling my money has gone the way of the Jews during kristallnacht.

I've done several transfers between the two and have never had problems.

Also blockchain support is non existent and can't get any answers

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    I'm pretty fucking frustrated right now. If anyone can shine some light on this please do.

At 6am today I transferred some btc from nitrogen sports to blockchain, once I received the transfer at blockchain I then transferred the btc coinbase.

Now when log into blockchain the amount I transfered to coinbase is gone, the transaction says it as 41 confirmations(whatever that means) and the btc still hasn't shown up at coinbase yet. Am I retarded? Do transactions take over 8 hours? I cut and pasted my coinbase btc address so I don't think I fucked up sending it out of blockchain. I just have a bad feeling my money has gone the way of the Jews during kristallnacht.

I've done several transfers between the two and have never had problems.

Also blockchain support is non existent and can't get any answers
    A confirmation is essentially a validation that the transaction is good on the network (no double spend or whatever) - when you send btc to another address, it should show up right away as an unconfirmed tranny but the network will confirm it over and over, averaging about 10 mins per confirmation.

So if the transaction you sent has 46 confirmations it definitely made it to whatever address you sent it to. SWC requires 2 confirmations before they release the loot, coinbase requires 6 confirmations before they validate (generally takes them an hour)

If you fired to the wrong address, you're probably fucked.. given that you copy and pasted it, I don't really see how you could make an error.. Either way, you/coinbase/blockchain should be able to tell what address you sent it to and whether or not it belongs to coinbase.

GL

Load Metric
    Send copy of transaction being received to coinbase. Coinbase made statement previously it is not going to honor gambling related transactions don't know if this isn't the crux of it.

Load Metric
    Coinbase doesn't like transactions coming from gambling sites. 100% email coinbase. Get another wallet to get your money on nitrogen.

Load Metric
    Do it quick, $80 pip slide in 8 days.

Load Metric
    you should definitely take this up with the governing body that oversees the integrity of bitcoin exchanges and transfers.

Comments

Belly Buster: hehe
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Wash your coins before sending to coinbase

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    That's why I was transferring from blockchain to coinbase. Either way I have no clue how I fucked up this transaction. Chalking it up as a loss at this point.

Load Metric
    That's why I was transferring from blockchain to coinbase. Either way I have no clue how I fucked up this transaction. Chalking it up as a loss at this point.
    That's not washing

Gold
    Load Metric

That's not washing
    I'm aware but It has worked so far minus the mystery transfer that I can't figure out at all

Gold
    Load Metric
    Not that anyone cares, I found the btc in some archived part of the wallet on blockchain. I'm pretty dumb.

Load Metric
    Not that anyone cares, I found the btc in some archived part of the wallet on blockchain. I'm pretty dumb.
    maybe coinbase blocked the transaction, and blockchain stopped trying to send the transaction after a few days, and re-credited your account? That would explain why you wouldnt have seen them for a few days, but they are there now.

Just a thought.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    maybe coinbase blocked the transaction, and blockchain stopped trying to send the transaction after a few days, and re-credited your account? That would explain why you wouldnt have seen them for a few days, but they are there now.

Just a thought.
    I had the same discussion with coinbase, and I was thinking the same thing but that isn't the case.

I was transferring the btc early in the am before work, I was doing it hastily and I must have sent the btc I had on blockchain to an archive or some shit. I was looking for my lost btc today in a vain attempt that it might show up like the reason you stated earlier. Glad I found it, what a pain in the ass.

Load Metric
    My bank account got hacked and the only place I had it setup at is coinbase. Be careful

Thread Information