Thread: Playing Fantasy Sports for a Living?

Load Metric

Playing Fantasy Sports for a Living?

There are quite a few players that are making hundreds of thousands of dollars per year playing fantasy sports mainly on FanDuel and DraftKings.

A Fantasy Sports Wizard's Winning Formula
    Some 30 million Americans play, but is there a secret formula to winning fantasy sports games?

http://online.wsj.com/articles/a-fan...014-1401893587
    Cory Albertson from South Bend,IN started playing with $200, he claims he made $200K in 2013 and maybe over $1 million this year.

With websites like FanDuel, DraftKings and a new television network, fantasy sports is blowing up
    Forty-one million people play fantasy sports. About 3% of those partake in daily leagues, a number expected to increase significantly over the next several years. All of them, though, have changed the way sports are consumed. Fantasy has entered the mainstream, with pro leagues not only embracing the action but promoting games of their own.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2004224

The Daily Fantasy Sports Takeover
    https://sports.vice.com/article/the-...ports-takeover
    Peter Jennings claims he will make between $4 to $5 million this year playing daily fantasy sports.

I do remember hearing about some possible cheating on FanDuel, some player or players were getting inside information from people inside the company.

How many players are making "big money" ($10K+ in profit per month) on these websites?

Load Metric
    Yeah, NBA just started sponsoring fanduel
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    I've finished in the money in my last 3 freerolls on statclash. hotshott74 has finished near the bottom in each.

Conclusion: hotshott sucks.

Comments

hotshott74: LMAO... Which sports?...
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I've finished in the money in my last 3 freerolls on statclash. hotshott74 has finished near the bottom in each.

Conclusion: hotshott sucks.
    LOL, I enter a bunch of freerolls.

BTW... Head to Head hockey is like printing money on there.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    Yes, but how much do they lose?

Load Metric
    This NFL season if the next few weeks go on par or just slightly below expectations, myself and a friend will have made a bit over $20k just from football. (this is assuming we lose 2or3 out of the next few weeks). We started with 5k bankroll. He's a legit bball/baseball fantasy guy so he runs our bball/baseball and we're up a decent amount in that too. I just help him out on the stats and data for those sports. I'm expecting to pay taxes of 25k-ish plus this year on fantasy winnings. I wish we had a larger bankroll because I would legit leave a job a love to do this, but I feel like you need at least 250k starting bankroll to even consider doing this, so it's just a really fun profitable hobby like poker (although i don't think i'm a winning poker player anymore in anything above 1-2).

Thread Information