Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Get Married Again?

Load Metric
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Tough beat. I'd get that judge killed.

True lifelong marrige is total horeshit and is suitable for only a small portion of the population.

So many loveless marriages that just bring misery to him/her and the kids.

Is problem
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Simple math in this situation says that whores every night is a better value.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    I ensure that marriage never happens for me, a second time, by poisoning all relationships when they get too close for my comfort. Plus, I gotta make sure none of them get preggo.

Its been a challenge. I enjoy being single and not having to deal with bullshit if I dont have to/want to.

Sorry guys, but traditional marriage is over. Thank a lawyer.

Load Metric
    Cheap hookers definitely the way to go these days.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: cheap and hooker are two words that dont belong in the same thought
    Last edited by herbertstemple; 11-12-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Load Metric
    People get married because they want to start a family. They want to reproduce. They want to have meaning in their lives.

Or they were simply backed into a corner and had no other choice
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    People get married because they want to start a family. They want to reproduce. They want to have meaning in their lives.
    And none of that requires marriage.

Comments

phantom: point

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So, wait, he got married, made almost all of his $18 billion AFTER marriage, and is only paying his ex $1 billion?

Sounds like he got off really easy.

He could have been on the hook for half.

I always felt that divorce laws were unfair to the very rich.

I understand the situation where the husband is making $250,000/year, he leaves his homemaker wife of 20 years, and he's expected to keep up her comfortable lifestyle. At that point, it wouldn't be fair to let the husband keep everything and simply tell her "get a job", as she would be unlikely to have the skills/experience to make much more than minimum wage, and she was counting on the husband's financial support to live relatively well. She can also argue that her contirbutions to the household over those 20 years is worth something. In these spots, the current divorce laws make sense.

However, they make no sense when it comes to the super-rich. Once the lifestyle goes from "comfortable" to "extravagant", the spouse not contributing financially should only be entitled to continue living in "comfortable" mode. So if you're married to a billionaire, you shouldn't be getting 9 or 10 figure divorce settlements. You should get a few million and a healthy alimony check, but that's it. Spouses shouldn't have the right to hundreds of millions or billions of dollars, simply because they were married to a guy who was super-rich. This should especially be the case in no-fault divorce states, as it makes these guys especially exploitable by gold-diggers.

I also don't believe anyone should get rich from a short or medium-length marriage. People married for 2 years (or something similar) should not get alimony, or if they do, it should be very little. They also shouldn't get half (or anywhere near half) of the money earned in the household during that time period. I don't think any substantial divorce settlements should kick in for the non-contributing spouse until 10 years.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Agree on this post on all counts.

thesparten: +1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Its the only way to get divorced again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Even though it is so damn obvious it has to be said that prenups are incredibly +EV.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I didnt read the article but heres my 2 cents.

I got married on our 10 year anniversary. At the time we had our 3 kids already and they were asking why werent their parents married like everyone elses. It made me feel like shit. I did it for the kids.

Other then that theres no reason I can think of to get married unless you want your green card. Its just fuckin stupid. You can just tell everyone your married. Its like buying a house. Its just fuckin stupid you will lose a ton of money then you will have a hassle to leave when you want to.

Cliffs never get married and always rent so you can break away easy kids.

Load Metric
    3 out of 4 people I know who got married in the past 3 years are now divorced. One guy, in his early 30s, with no kids, got so crushed financially, he just moved in with his parents. Another guy is miserable and is out of control on Facebook getting tattoos, getting fat, posting pics with him in bed with some fat skank (that he's now in love with), and the other guy closed all his social media accounts and is just hiding.

my ex cries poor every month, likes to fuck with me when it comes to legal issues (knows it costs me money to pay for an attorney to fight anything, so she will just screw me over because I cant afford to fight) and blows 150-200 on coffee every month, eats out at nice restaurants 2-3 times a week, and lies too all her friends and family about me to distract them from knowing what an absolute abortion of a woman she is. I get to deal with her multiple times a week until my kids are old enough that I can tell her to fuck off for good.

enjoy your "marriages", kids...my single friends who live downtown get to go out with 1-2 different women a week, have sex, then break it off once they bang them and realize how bat-shit crazy some of them are. Those women are trying to find someone to marry, desperately.

Comments

smiflorida:

Load Metric
    I don't think this is that bad. Married for 26 years. She's only a decade younger, not some 65/25 thing. He made the vast majority of his wealth after marriage. It's a horrible number, but not percentage.

Load Metric
    look at this horseshit article, written by some bitter, divorced bitch

Divorced Moms
    A community of experts, bloggers and "divorced moms"

50 Things I've Done Since My Divorce That You Should Do Too

By Sarcastic Fringehead for DivorcedMoms.com

In the years following my divorce I've done the following things. I can't recommend them highly enough.

1. Totally fallen apart.

2. Completely pulled myself back together again.

3. Repeated 1 and 2 several times.

4. Upped the meds.

so, you were already on meds, due to being nuts.....

5. Stopped caring what he thinks of me.

heaven forbid you actually care what people think about you, because maybe you're doing things that annoy everyone

6. Stopped caring what most people think of me.

see #5

7. Started having sex again.

8. Really enjoyed it for the first time.

so, you either married someone where the sex wasnt good (your fault, idiot...try the merchandise), or you want to blame him for being bad...maybe you sucked too

9. Traveled alone.

10. Traveled alone with my kids.

11. Confidently started saying "table for one" without being apologetic.

12. Decided that "with his new wife" was my go to answer to "Where's your husband?"

looks like he found someone who cared what other people thought of themselves, and was good at sex..

13. Laughed at my level of happiness.

14. Cried at my level of sadness.

15. Asked for help.

16. Received it.

17. Admitted defeat.

18. Claimed victory.

19. Lowered all my bills.

20. Found my own place to live.

21. Negotiated my own lease.

22. Got my own credit card in my name.

23. Got my old name back.

I've been begging my ex to get rid of mine for years...I dont think your ex is going to mind. Make the effort to go change it. My relatives hate that my ex still has mine. Stop acting like its some type of victory.

24. Checked off "Head of Household" on more than one form.

25. Went back to work.

gee....didnt have a job and want to bitch about your ex, who worked his ass off to pay for everything...boo fucking hoo...

26. Went back to school.

27. Went back to bed.

28. Powered through.

29. Curled up in the fetal position.

30. Cried openly.

31. Cried alone.

32. Cried with my children.

33. Wiped their tears.

34. Stopped thinking about what should have been.

again, maybe you should have been more "in the moment" and thinking about what others thought of you and how you could improve yourself?....

35. Started working on what could be.

36. Counted my blessings.

37. Been pissed off at what sometimes seems my curse.

Its not a "curse"...its called, maybe you suck at a few things...work harder

38. Started thinking for myself.

shut the fuck up....seriously...

39. Dyed my hair, at various times, purple, green and blue.

THAT sounds like you have a real stranglehold on reality....you're a fucking nutjob

40. Considered a tattoo or piercing.

<shakes head at you> Get a tattoo because you want one, not because its going to "help you" get through something.

41. Decided that "Fuck yes!" is my motto.

there you go...abandon rational thoughts and mature attitudes...that will go well

42. Told him to fuck off.

so, apparently HE is the one who was at fault the entire time?....really?....

43. Rebuilt.

44. Renewed.

45. Rethought relationships.

46. Asked Spirit for help.

there you go....ask for help from a non-existent being. You're playing great.

47. Stopped getting Brazilian waxes.

THAT is NOT going to help you get another victim, er, I mean man

48. Stopped looking for answers.

49. Started moving forward.

50. Genuinely began looking forward to the future.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    3 out of 4 people I know who got married in the past 3 years are now divorced. One guy, in his early 30s, with no kids, got so crushed financially, he just moved in with his parents. Another guy is miserable and is out of control on Facebook getting tattoos, getting fat, posting pics with him in bed with some fat skank (that he's now in love with), and the other guy closed all his social media accounts and is just hiding.

my ex cries poor every month, likes to fuck with me when it comes to legal issues (knows it costs me money to pay for an attorney to fight anything, so she will just screw me over because I cant afford to fight) and blows 150-200 on coffee every month, eats out at nice restaurants 2-3 times a week, and lies too all her friends and family about me to distract them from knowing what an absolute abortion of a woman she is. I get to deal with her multiple times a week until my kids are old enough that I can tell her to fuck off for good.

enjoy your "marriages", kids...my single friends who live downtown get to go out with 1-2 different women a week, have sex, then break it off once they bang them and realize how bat-shit crazy some of them are. Those women are trying to find someone to marry, desperately.

I think marriage is ok IF you can marry a hot chick with a good career. For example, a doctor, lawyer or some stable profession. This is rare I know but at least if it goes South you have leverage (unless you are super rich). Marrying a chick that just wants to have kids and never had a job in her life is almost always going to go bad for the male.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

I think marriage is ok IF you can marry a hot chick with a good career. For example, a doctor, lawyer or some stable profession. This is rare I know but at least if it goes South you have leverage (unless you are super rich). Marrying a chick that just wants to have kids and never had a job in her life is almost always going to go bad for the male.
    Ive officially asked myself that question many times. I know one guy whos now 71 been married 5 times (in his defense #1 and #3 were the same person), Another whos 52 and been married 4X (and is ironically the son of said 71yr old) and one other dude who's 40 been married 3X and looks like #3 is going down the toilet because his wife is a passive aggressive cunt who while saying she needed time to think about shit, but apparently had time to text some co-worker back and forth over 4000X in a single month.

Shit like those above make me wonder how anybody can get married or want to. See Druff's smart he found a chick to be his sperm recepticle and had offspring without her needing a ring on her finger first.. Druff shows how its done, can be done and should be done for those who want the family shit without all the legal bullshit.. On the otherside Cmoney and Vegas show us how the real baller studs roll and have a rolodex of chicks and more damn notches on the bedpost then Billy the Kid shot dead in the wild west.

Load Metric
    Man could I tell a story here.

#ebola

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

They are just as unfair to poor and middle class men too. They are unfair to all men.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

They are just as unfair to poor and middle class men too. They are unfair to all men.
    Is there any tangible upside to getting married as a man? It just seems like a massive negative freeroll. If two people truly love each other or want to be long-term partners, they can do so without entering a lopsided legal agreement.

Unfortunately, choosing not to get married won't save you from custody battles, where you're also at a major disadvantage.

Thread Information