Thread: Bring your kids to watch a classic Disney movie while everyone is encouraged to be an asshole and hold up an iPad in your face

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bring your kids to watch a classic Disney movie while everyone is encouraged to be an asshole and hold up an iPad in your face

Let's say you have fond memories as a kid of watching "The Little Mermaid" in the theater 25 years ago. (Yes, it's really 25 years old now.)

Let's say you want to introduce your kids to this classic Disney movie, and you find out that it's actually playing in theaters again.

Do you think, "Wow, you know what would be great? If everyone in the theather brought their iPads and not only blinded me with the light of the device, but also held it up over their heads frequently, blocking our view of the movie!"

If this sounds appealing to you, then you need to look no further than Disney's "Second Screen" theaters:

I get what they're trying to do, but this just sounds idiotic and annoying.

Banned
    Load Metric
    JFC Todd

Last edited by tyde; 11-10-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    you are some piece of work bro

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay then, let me make this thread more suitable for PFA.

Controversy arose regarding the artwork for the cover for the Classics VHS cassette when the film was first released on video when close examination of the artwork revealed an oddly shaped structure on the castle, closely resembling a penis.

A second allegation is that a clergyman is seen with an erection during a scene late in the film. The clergyman is a short man, dressed in Bishop's clothing, and a small bulge is slightly noticeable in a few of the frames.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Premise is flawed when I subtract 25 from my guess of your age and picture you at Little mermaid.

I remember exactly where I was when this came out. Mesa Arizona visiting my grandparents. Also I want to say that I watched Johnny Carson's monologue that night or the next night and had nightmares like a mother fucker thinking about Romanian dictator chow-chess-q and his wife after hearing about what they did to people and the execution. Is it child abuse to explain that shit in depth to a 7 year old?

Comments

phantom: good point

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    A second allegation is that a clergyman is seen with an erection during a scene late in the film. The clergyman is a short man, dressed in Bishop's clothing, and a small bulge is slightly noticeable in a few of the frames.
    It looks like it's his knee after watching this clip.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these subliminals exist but these Disney examples aren't convincing.

Load Metric
    Are they trying to one up the Rocky Horror Picture Show crowds.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Phones in movie theaters annoy me already, and this seems like a terrible idea in general, but perhaps less so for an audience of children with short attention spans.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Phones in movie theaters annoy me already, and this seems like a terrible idea in general, but perhaps less so for an audience of children with short attention spans.

phones in movie theaters are way less annoying than your unemployed punk ass Thomas

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    phones in movie theaters are way less annoying than your unemployed punk ass Thomas
    What's that got to do with anything, Martin? Weren't you just complaining the other day about Tuna following you around and making off-topic insults?

There's already a thread about me being unemployed if you want to continue harping on that.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It looks like it's his knee after watching this clip.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these subliminals exist but these Disney examples aren't convincing.
    out of character conspiracy dupe.

Load Metric

What's that got to do with anything, Martin? Weren't you just complaining the other day about Tuna following you around and making off-topic insults?

There's already a thread about me being unemployed if you want to continue harping on that.
    I have to agree with Sir Thomas on this one. Tyde had been mostly a good poster since coming back but the last three days or so have been nonstop trolling. Maybe you need to pull out the Ridin Furies level artillery.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I have to agree with Sir Thomas on this one. Tyde had been mostly a good poster since coming back but the last three days or so have been nonstop trolling. Maybe you need to pull out the Ridin Furies level artillery.
    Eh, trolling is fine. I didn't mind when Martin gets bitter and angry at me in threads that are about me, and I think it's fine to make fun of him in his Mexico threads. It's just the following people to threads to derail them (also neg repping every post of someone you don't like) that is kinda pathetic. We should be able to discuss sports betting or dickgirls or whatever without being sidetracked by your personal feelings on every poster.

Comments

Dan Druff: agree

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    But honestly, you guys have to admit this was the best Disney musical sequence of all time:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Premise is flawed when I subtract 25 from my guess of your age and picture you at Little mermaid.
    lol excellent point. my understanding is druff is around 42 or 43
    so his fond memories of the little mermaid as a kid was when he was 17 or 18

Banned
    Load Metric

mad props to Bluff management for cutting you loose

trimming the fat bitches

Comments

BHS: why you sooo mad, bro?!

Load Metric

mad props to Bluff management for cutting you loose

trimming the fat bitches
    thomas is god /thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    lol excellent point. my understanding is druff is around 42 or 43
    so his fond memories of the little mermaid as a kid was when he was 17 or 18
    I was talking about other parents who had their kids younger. Not me who had my first kid at 38.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

He's got his period, I'm sure he'll be back to his regular drama queen "Cartel are shooting me" sunny disposition in a coupla days.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    I like the idea.

1. Its a kids movie meaning the behaviour is going to be horrible anyways.
    2. People who want quiet movies watch at home
    3. Movie theatres need to find a way to make people want to go to the theatre and experience something unique that they can't get at home.
    4. They are forcing people to install an app that does god knows what else.

Thread Information