Thread: Dan Fleyshman works himself into CNN article about "Alex From Target" twink

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Dan Fleyshman works himself into CNN article about "Alex From Target" twink

In case you're not aware, there is an internet meme going on right now, involving a kid named Alex Lee, who works at Target. It is being tweeted with hashtag #AlexFromTarget, and it involves a picture of a twinkish 16-year-old doing his job bagging groceries.

He became such a sensation that even Ellen Degeneres paid him a visit:

Now a social media promotion company called Breakr is (possibly falsely) taking the credit for making Alex famous, claiming that they took the picture and then spread it through teen girls on Twitter, as part of an experiment proving they could engineer someone becoming famous just for their looks. Basically they were setting out to prove that teenage girls on social media are so looks-obsessed that strategic placement of certain guys on social media could guarantee fame.

However, there have since been contradictions in Breakr's story, including from the girl who first posted the picture.

Perhaps most eye-popping to me was the fact that Dan Fleyshman (yes, THAT Dan Fleyshman) was quoted in the article. This guy really tries to put himself everywhere.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/04/living...%3Fhpt%3Dhp_t3

Load Metric
    fluffer probably jerking it furiously to his pic

Banned
    Load Metric
    he's not mentioned in the article, and he certainly didn't 'work himself' into it

other than tweeting about it

nothing to see here folks

with that said...

yes, Dan Fleyshman is a fucking epic toolbag

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    he's not mentioned in the article, and he certainly didn't 'work himself' into it

with that said...

How can you say he's not mentioned? His tweet is the first one shown in the article.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

with that said...

How can you say he's not mentioned? His tweet is the first one shown in the article.

I seriously doubt he contacted CNN to ask them to highlight his tweet

not sure how you think this is even remotely thread worthy

you're implying he went out of his way to get a mention on CNN

big difference from sending out a tweet that happened to get picked up and published

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    OSA loves this kid. this is god.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know if Fleyshman contacted CNN in any way, or if he just "lucked" into appearing in the article.

He is so self-promoting that it wouldn't surprise me if he knew someone in the news media, who was in turn following him on Twitter, and they chose to include it for that reason. Or maybe it was just random. Or maybe he jumped on a trending topic as an "expert", just to get recognized and mentioned.

I still can't believe Ivey hired this guy to take over IveyPoker in 2015. Will be hilarious watching what happens when it occurs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have to admit, though, this Alex kid really reminds me of PLOL. He even has the same name.

No idea if Alex from Target is gay, but let's face it, he WAS hanging out with Ellen Degeneres...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    You've been seen with Danny N, that doesn't make you Canadian.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In before Dan Fleyshman comes on PFA to defend himself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Dan F isnt a scammer. He is just a complete fail as a business person. Hilarious that people like Ivey actually take this guy seriously. He seems to even have Dan Bilzerian fooled who actually comes across as a smart guy,

I run into these type of guys every day. A lot of talk that sounds good to people that arent in the business world. I have no doubt his charity acts are just another thing he adds to the smoke and mirrors he deploys when getting people to believe in him.

All of his "success" in the business world can never be verified or is completely different than what is stated.
    Last edited by cmoney; 11-09-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    :freelewfather

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

Dan F isnt a scammer. He is just a complete fail as a business person. Hilarious that people like Ivey actually take this guy seriously. He seems to even have Dan Bilzerian fooled who actually comes across as a smart guy,

I run into these type of guys every day. A lot of talk that sounds good to people that arent in the business world. I have no doubt his charity acts are just another thing he adds to the smoke and mirrors he deploys when getting people to believe in him.

All of his "success" in the business world can never be verified or is completely different than what is stated.

totally ruined

lol can't wait for Dan to make a cameo on PFA to defend such an epic beatdown

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

I call people like Fleyshman "deceptive dreamers", basically people with legitimate (but poorly conceived) business ideas and aspirations, who then mislead people in order to make these dreams reality.

The difference between Dan and a scammer is that a scammer tricks you into sending him money, and then runs off with it. Deceptive dreamers lie to you about the potential (and often many of the details) of their business idea, get you to invest (or hire them), and then everything ends predictably badly.

Then they hide behind rhetoric like, "You were investing in a business. There's never any guarantee of success", or "I put so much of my time and effort into making this work, but it just wasn't able to get off the ground. But you can see that I took this whole thing very seriously."

Victory Poker was a perfect example of Dan's shenanigans. It was a Cake Poker skin, which even back in 2011 made very little money and often failed to break even after marketing and other costs. Dan spent a ton of money on marketing and promotions for Victory Poker, with almost zero chance of ever recouping it. through profits from the room. This was not a new, proprietary room like Full Tilt was back in the day. This was just another Cake skin, yet he treated it like a revolutionary product. He also ran various promotions, and later people accused him of not paying out what they won in these promotions.

Now, what if by some extreme fluke, Victory Poker blew up huge and became a major site? Would the winners of the promotions have been paid? Yes. Would the investors have made money? Yes. Would the site pros have made money? Yes. But all of this was highly unlikely, and Dan basically sold everyone who didn't know better a bill of goods.

Let's say I had an idea to open up a lemonade stand on my street corner, selling lemonade in the summer for $1/glass. Now say I found idiot investors to give me $500,000 to market my lemonade stand as the best lemonade in the world. And say I did this because I convinced the investors that I did market research that people are willing to drive 50 miles to get great lemonade, when in fact that wasn't true. What would happen? I would run through the $500,000 quickly, buying expensive ads for my stand, and have almost nothing to show for it. Why? Because it's still a corner lemonade stand, and it has no real earnings potential, no matter how it's marketed. Would I be a criminal? No. Would I be a scammer? No. But would I be unethical to have misled investors into thinking their investment had a big chance of success? Yes.

Comments

tyde: did not read

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maybe the worst thread if ever encountered.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

lol no shit

fucking awful

Load Metric
    I swear, I thought he was 18
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    hello , perhaps you can kill yourself?

Thread Information