Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken Follett

Load Metric

Ken Follett

Do you have an opinion on Ken Follett?

anyone read his stuff? I am starting Pillars of the Earth

Comments

FR1GHT: +1 for my list
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

Heard the name, i think, what's e on about?

Load Metric
    pillars of the earth is fucking fantastic apparently. my parents fucking gush over it. i watched the miniseries and the books are very much on my list because of it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Heard the name, i think, what's e on about?

Mainly thrillers, but this book is different. About the building of ancient buildings and what not. Old places of worship and other building miracles from back in the day. Apparently it;s a good book.

I just finishd the first book I read by him titled Whiteout. Good book, thriller based in Scotland. I don't think any of his books are american based. He is English himself.

Comments

sonatine: flying buttress reps
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Pillars of the Earth is pretty good.

I started the sequel (World Without End) earlier this year but haven't yet gotten back around to it.

I'm currently drawn to shorter, fast paced crime novels. Ken Follett is good when you have a lot of time to read for 2-3 hours straight, but I currently don't have the time for that.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Pillars of the Earth is one of the best I've read, as is the sequel World Without End.

Hornet Flight is excellent, as is the classic Eye of the Needle, but Triple is my favorite outside of the POTE/WWE.

Not a Follet book, but while we're on the topic of literature I highly recommend A Prisoner of Birth by Jeffery Archer, a contemporary retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo.

Load Metric
    I've read Eye of the Needle and Jackdaws. Both are WWII fiction novels. Not mind blowing, but he's an entertaining writer of competent thrillers.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Why read when you can smoke blunts and get high.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I knew when I saw you posted in this thread to expect a completely idiotic response like this

it's no secret that you suck dick and take it up the ass

now it's confirmed you're a fucking moron too

I'd be shocked if you read a book in your entire life

kill yourself faggot

Comments

The_Standard: this

ThreeBet: tough but fair

Load Metric
    OSA is basically a n-word

Load Metric

I used to think like you. Not even a couple of months ago. Since then I read my first book for leisure. Gone Girl. My girlfriend and I read it together. After that I decided to go to the library and read a book she had suggested for me. Whiteout by Ken Follett. It was an awesome book, and it was in Scotland which made it even cooler to me. I was abe to go through a 400 page book in under a week. I feel great about it. This next book I started is HUGE. Pillars of the Earth is 927 pages. I am so stoked to read it, and look forward to reading more and more. Maybe google isn't a waste of time....

Banned
    Load Metric

I used to think like you. Not even a couple of months ago. Since then I read my first book for leisure. Gone Girl. My girlfriend and I read it together. After that I decided to go to the library and read a book she had suggested for me. Whiteout by Ken Follett. It was an awesome book, and it was in Scotland which made it even cooler to me. I was abe to go through a 400 page book in under a week. I feel great about it. This next book I started is HUGE. Pillars of the Earth is 927 pages. I am so stoked to read it, and look forward to reading more and more. Maybe google isn't a waste of time....

his first response to your OP is all the proof you need that he's a lower life form

this is a generation with a very short attention span

Golin aside from sucking dong, has never professed to be an intellectual

his reply in your thread should tell you all you need to know about his brain capacity in general

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Gone Girl literally blew me away, just an incredible work.

I'm going to start Whiteout based on your comment, you're going to really enjoy POTE.

Load Metric
    This is like recommending The Godfather, but if you're not intimidated by length, War and Peace is the best literary experience that I have ever had.

Tolstoy was the best at capturing the essence of characters and the descriptions of scenes ranging from wolf hunts to wars are just fantastic.

A great read during a cold winter. It took me probably three weeks to get through it the first time but was worth every minute.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    War and Peace is the best literary experience that I have ever had.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: :tyde

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    War and Peace is the best literary experience that I have ever had.

LOL it's a generic opinion I know but I find almost everything about it fantastic. Admittedly it could probably simply do without the last ~200 pages though.

Sucks being in an MBA program and not having the mental energy to read in my spare time; all I feel like doing at the end of the night is watching basketball and unwinding, haven't read anything that wasn't assigned in probably 3 months. Looking forward to the holiday break where I can plow through a few novels.

Banned
    Load Metric

LOL it's a generic opinion I know but I find almost everything about it fantastic. Admittedly it could probably simply do without the last ~200 pages though.

Sucks being in an MBA program and not having the mental energy to read in my spare time; all I feel like doing at the end of the night is watching basketball and unwinding, haven't read anything that wasn't assigned in probably 3 months. Looking forward to the holiday break where I can plow through a few novels.

I think there are more people who have read both new and old testaments of the fucking Bible than have read War and Peace

carry on with your bad self

Load Metric

I think there are more people who have read both new and old testaments of the fucking Bible than have read War and Peace

Are you drinking or what. Pretty hard to feel sympathy for you for getting trolled when you do the same thing for no apparent reason.

Shut it down & go sleep it off.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Are you drinking or what. Pretty hard to feel sympathy for you for getting trolled when you do the same thing for no apparent reason.

Shut it down & go sleep it off.

my blood alcohol level is totally irrelevant

if you are going to throw out a statement that 'War and Peace' moved you so deeply and was the most compelling literary masterpiece you've ever read in your life...then all I can say is get a life you mutt

you are probably (almost 100% definitely) the only person on this forum to have ever read War and Peace

get off your high horse Eurotard

Load Metric

Is this some mezcal drenched fail attempt at trolling? Of course more people have read the whole bible.

War and Peace isn't at all difficult for anyone with patience and it's superb.

Thread Information