Page 1655 of 1670 FirstFirst ... 65511551555160516451651165216531654165516561657165816591665 ... LastLast
Results 33,081 to 33,100 of 33390

Thread: *** Official Flying Stupidity Wagering thread ***

  1. #33081
    Plutonium simpdog's Avatar
    Reputation
    1873
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,060
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Power of negative thinking.

    Within a minute of my post, it went from 0 outs to 3 outs. Strikeout and DP.

    4th win in a row for me.

    Excellent work.

    Plus money Orioles was your best pick. Toronto (banned list) just keeps taking public money and Orioles are so profitable as a rule. What do folks see in the Jays?

    Sweet money
    Jays are money at home and not on the road or against teams > .500. Good at beating up on weak teams

    That being said....tomorrow Jays -1.5 with Manoah on the mound. I dare anyone to take Baltimore.

  2. #33082
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3523
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,793
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

    Excellent work.

    Plus money Orioles was your best pick. Toronto (banned list) just keeps taking public money and Orioles are so profitable as a rule. What do folks see in the Jays?

    Sweet money
    Jays are money at home and not on the road or against teams > .500. Good at beating up on weak teams

    That being said....tomorrow Jays -1.5 with Manoah on the mound. I dare anyone to take Baltimore.
    Such a pitching mismatch. Maybe 1st 5 RL in a parlay. With what I couldn’t tell you yet. Manoah usually does give you 6 innings if not more so the awful bullpen (worse than Orioles) is limited

    It’s hard to commit $ to Jays. Doesn’t excite me. Orioles make me happy.

    Jays are 2 years away. Manoah skews toward Scherzer and other psychos - so we like him. Compete big time.

    Love that new Padres offense. 4 games / 4 runs. Against the mediocre Giants zippo. Something is not right with them. Kids thinking about the LA clubs and La Jolla beach? Pissed off about over priced real estate?

     
    Comments
      
      simpdog: Rain delay cost me

  3. #33083
    Bronze
    Reputation
    68
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    284
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Adding Auburn over 6 and Louisville over 6.5 to my season long totals.


    If you can find a Virginia under 7.5 thatís at -160 or better thatís a bet. Itís probably a bet up to -300 becuase I donít see that team getting to 8 wins but things can and will go wrong from time to time.

    For those that care Auburn Over 6 -120ish has quickly become this upcoming seasons ďmain playĒ for me. Iíve got it maxed at every out I got.

    Most likely scenario in my mind is they start 5-0. If that happens (or even 4-1) that opens up a lot of other bets that can be made. Figure the play Georgia in week 6 you can fire a ML bet on Georgia knowing that you are covered if auburn pulls a big upset, as an example of the ďbets on betsĒ
    I'm with you. Last season I think you had UAB and South Carolina, I think. Money. I called my Auburn buddy who said he thinks coach will get fired midseason, but I'm with you.

  4. #33084
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2355
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,325
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post


    For those that care Auburn Over 6 -120ish has quickly become this upcoming seasons ďmain playĒ for me. Iíve got it maxed at every out I got.

    Most likely scenario in my mind is they start 5-0. If that happens (or even 4-1) that opens up a lot of other bets that can be made. Figure the play Georgia in week 6 you can fire a ML bet on Georgia knowing that you are covered if auburn pulls a big upset, as an example of the ďbets on betsĒ
    I'm with you. Last season I think you had UAB and South Carolina, I think. Money. I called my Auburn buddy who said he thinks coach will get fired midseason, but I'm with you.

    Yup. Which reminds me I have a UAB ticket from Caesers I need to cash .

    Had someone pitch me on over 63 in week one Hawaii vs WKU. Might be 63 at half.

    Last thing I want to do is bet a lot of unders in college but under 59 in the ole miss Troy game week one has a decent look to it.

  5. #33085
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2355
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,325
    Load Metric
    18209620
    If you have a local that deals stale futures, wake forest under 8.5 for the max

  6. #33086
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8224
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,043
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Pittsburgh (Keller) +132 vs Arizona (Bumgarner)

    MadBum isn't the same guy anymore, but that's old news. He's just been a complete mediocrity this season, and while his numbers are similar to that of Keller's, we've seen some nice work out of Keller in his last 2 outings. Both of these teams aren't good and are out of contention.

  7. #33087
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8224
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,043
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Never easy.

    6-3 Pirates in 9th

    Now bases loaded, nobody out for Dbacks

  8. #33088
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8224
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,043
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Now a bizarre play where it was a grounder to third which looked like a liner, guy from 3rd scored, and they threw the ball to 2nd, then let the guy originally from 2nd to go back to second, while the guy at first went to second, so there were 2 runners on second!

    Then they tagged the guy who was originally on second.

    Umpires trying to make sense of this.

  9. #33089
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8224
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,043
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Arizona challenged the field call stating that there was a man on 1st, 2 out. They wanted a man on 1st and 2nd, 1 out.

    Arizona lost the challenge, now it's 2 outs, 6-4. Nice... so far.

  10. #33090
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8224
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,043
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Ends up working out.

    Fifth win in a row, most of which were dogs.


     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: :entertained

  11. #33091
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3523
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,793
    Load Metric
    18209620
    I didn’t play Pirates but I saw the bases loaded bottom of 9th & no outs. Worried for Ben’s college fund I tuned in.

    I have never seen so many base-running mistakes. The complete apathy from the Diamondback announcers was stunning. It was as if, “oh well, another loss”. Part of me thought the chick with the weird looking mouth and the old man didn’t understand what they saw.

    Diamondback’s stupidity is your gain.

    Similarly, the Yankees ran themselves into a loss against the Mariners the night before. There were two consecutive innings where the Yankees only had two batters but three outs. Just idiotic base-running three innings in a row.

     
    Comments
      
      Dan Druff: whatever leads to a win, i'll take it
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-10-2022 at 11:34 PM.

  12. #33092
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2355
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,325
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Iíll ask for Sans opinion/take on this but as a matter of history the Patriots DGAF about preseason in terms of wins and losses. It also seems that the giants new ball coach cares about getting win #1.

    giants -2

    Ravens are like 99-1 in the last 100 preseason games.

    Ravens -185

    eagles falcons and packers all opened at ~ +3 and went to PK or jumped the fence. packers have comeback to +2. Iíd feel ok with the first two

  13. #33093
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3523
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,793
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I’ll ask for Sans opinion/take on this but as a matter of history the Patriots DGAF about preseason in terms of wins and losses. It also seems that the giants new ball coach cares about getting win #1.

    giants -2

    Ravens are like 99-1 in the last 100 preseason games.

    Ravens -185

    eagles falcons and packers all opened at ~ +3 and went to PK or jumped the fence. packers have comeback to +2. I’d feel ok with the first two
    I haven’t been listening too closely to preseason. My hard drive is almost full. I have heard Mack Jones in practice has been really bad. Pats have had really bad practices and I’m not sure how this will manifest in preseason. Bad practices was never the case during the Brady years obviously so Belichick’s comfort in the past might not be present now. Who knows. I’m off

    I actually took Titans (vs Ravens) and the Lions psycho coach. Ravens need to preserve health -something different this year. Why not. Just fun bets.

    Free baseball pick. Marlins cannot score & two good pitchers.

    Name:  D6707C83-97B5-4999-9AD4-AE2133988308.jpeg
Views: 126
Size:  55.0 KB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-11-2022 at 07:28 AM.

  14. #33094
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3523
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,793
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Just looked. Panthers are scrimmaging Patriots Mon Tue Weds. Bellichick will hold out his 40 and look for a strong practice from the m vs Panthers.

    You got me thinking Daly. The thread pays.

    Iím on Giants

     
    Comments
      
      Daly: Let’s go us

  15. #33095
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2355
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,325
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Just looked. Panthers are scrimmaging Patriots Mon Tue Weds. Bellichick will hold out his 40 and look for a strong practice from the m vs Panthers.

    You got me thinking Daly. The thread pays.

    Iím on Giants

    Was happy to see I had some at -1.5ÖÖ but also some at -2.5

  16. #33096
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3523
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,793
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Just looked. Panthers are scrimmaging Patriots Mon Tue Weds. Bellichick will hold out his 40 and look for a strong practice from the m vs Panthers.

    You got me thinking Daly. The thread pays.

    I’m on Giants

    Was happy to see I had some at -1.5…… but also some at -2.5
    I’m in baseball mode so I was more inclined to bet the money line instead of the spread. ✅

    The baseball pick cashed. ✅

    You were right about the Ravens. ❌

    Name:  3C8E5762-75D7-4258-B931-6B0933012FBF.jpeg
Views: 103
Size:  104.3 KB

  17. #33097
    Plutonium simpdog's Avatar
    Reputation
    1873
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,060
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Too many people follow San and have blocked the Blue Jays.

    "bet the Blue Jays moneyline and you could get a 25% bonus in bet credits if they win the game and hit 3 Home Runs, 50% if they hit 4 Home Runs, and 100% if they hit 5 or more Home Runs."


    Maybe worth scouting out some pitchers who give up the long ball.

  18. #33098
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3523
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,793
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Too many people follow San and have blocked the Blue Jays.

    "bet the Blue Jays moneyline and you could get a 25% bonus in bet credits if they win the game and hit 3 Home Runs, 50% if they hit 4 Home Runs, and 100% if they hit 5 or more Home Runs."


    Maybe worth scouting out some pitchers who give up the long ball.
    So funny. Sifting thru MLB and had a Jays hateful thought to share.

    But first

    World is on CWS under. I get the recency bias. CWS has taken my coins too. CWS still mashes lefties. Kopech is worse than his numbers and lol Norris. OVER 8.5. I got no time to talk about the bullpens. WAITING FOR LINEUPS

    I agree with Guardians +143 over Jays. Indians have better pitching. Much better relief. Similar offense slight edge to jays. Flip game. Win or lose, do the right thing and take the value.

    To no one in particular…. Mens tennis in Montreal & Womens in Toronto. Nick Kyrgios -290 is a 6’4” big super athlete who is renown for always goofing with crowd and having tantrums. Guy could have played any sport he chose. Crowd loves him. Recently he got serious and was winning. I came this close to +800 for US Open.

    Kyrgios had an early match today and looked hung over. Feet never moved but it appeared he thought mammoth serve would be enough. He was quick serving his opponent. Zero time between points.

    Loser. OLD MONTREAL restaurants and bars are a little known secret in the states.

    Badguy how could you.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-12-2022 at 12:47 PM.

  19. #33099
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2355
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,325
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

    Redacted how could you.
    Donít ever speak that fucking assholes name in this thread again.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: Kyrgios rage. Sorry

  20. #33100
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3523
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,793
    Load Metric
    18209620
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Too many people follow San and have blocked the Blue Jays.

    "bet the Blue Jays moneyline and you could get a 25% bonus in bet credits if they win the game and hit 3 Home Runs, 50% if they hit 4 Home Runs, and 100% if they hit 5 or more Home Runs."


    Maybe worth scouting out some pitchers who give up the long ball.
    Gonna go out on a limb and say Jays are toast. Still banned.

    Indians 8-0 top of 9th nice +143

    Those crafty bet boosters. I never even look.


    I was hoping my CWS over 8.5 would be tied 0-0 after 9 so I would have a good chance in extras

     
    Comments
      
      BCR: You got better number. I had them +138. My finger hovered briefly over parlay with o 8.5, but came to my senses. That would have been brutal.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 15 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 15 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Literally Flying Stupidity
    By FRANKRIZZO in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 03:17 PM
  2. flying stupidity is shitting the bed
    By mulva in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 04:02 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 09:35 PM
  4. Flying Car for Flying Stupidity
    By hotshott74 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Tags for this Thread