Page 1036 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 3653693698610261032103310341035103610371038103910401046 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,720 of 21187

Thread: *** Official Flying Stupidity Wagering thread ***

  1. #20701
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Gardner Minshew though.
    love the 'stache, but if jones is good, not necessarily great, the fucking NY media hype train behind him is gonna be epic...if he is great, man it's gonna be beautiful if you're holding a jones ticket...

    I got him at 33:1 right before the odds tanked to 10:1 and I feel like im stealing...
    He better be really fucking good because they have no receivers and a shitty o line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

  2. #20702
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

    love the 'stache, but if jones is good, not necessarily great, the fucking NY media hype train behind him is gonna be epic...if he is great, man it's gonna be beautiful if you're holding a jones ticket...

    I got him at 33:1 right before the odds tanked to 10:1 and I feel like im stealing...
    He better be really fucking good because they have no receivers and a shitty o line.
    the lack of receiving talent is definitely what bothers me the most...I think he's mobile enough to offset a little bit of the line...maybe im gonna be hugely wrong on that last fact...

    I think having saquon will help him out a lot...might also hurt him if people believe that they are winning (if they win) due to saquon…but if he posts the counting numbers that should take care of itself...

    but again at 33:1 im not priced into any sorta perfection on this bet...the fact that this thing cratered to 10:1 means I already made a shitton of equity as is...I can deal with that...

     
    Comments
      
      varys: GL

  3. #20703
    GBCP

    Pointsbet, my NJ pal. NJ is ground zero for sports wagering. It’s beyond any debate now.

    I just learned what a points bet is. Also called an action bet.

    I am the last guy to explain it but.... assume the line is -10. I bet $100 a point over 10. If the final score wins 20-0, I collect $1000

    I lose a commensurate amount every point under. You set a stop loss for the bet. You must post funds equal to you stop.

    Apparently a big deal in Australia where Pointsbet originates from

    Someone scored $600k week one Pats I believe @ $30k a point

  4. #20704
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    GBCP

    Pointsbet, my NJ pal. NJ is ground zero for sports wagering. It’s beyond any debate now.

    I just learned what a points bet is. Also called an action bet.

    I am the last guy to explain it but.... assume the line is 10. I bet $100 a point over 10. If the final score wins 20-0, I collect $1000

    I lose a commensurate amount every point under. You set a stop loss for the bet. You must post funds equal to you stop.

    Apparently a big deal in Australia where Pointsbet originates from

    Someone scored $600k week one Pats I believe @ $30k a point
    yeah heard about this on the simmons pod...

    so for arguments sake lets say the pats line is 21 this week...can I bet $100 point with a $100 stop?

    seems like a good way to fuck 'em...taking really little risk and if the game is a blowout I clean up...

  5. #20705
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    GBCP

    Pointsbet, my NJ pal. NJ is ground zero for sports wagering. It’s beyond any debate now.

    I just learned what a points bet is. Also called an action bet.

    I am the last guy to explain it but.... assume the line is 10. I bet $100 a point over 10. If the final score wins 20-0, I collect $1000

    I lose a commensurate amount every point under. You set a stop loss for the bet. You must post funds equal to you stop.

    Apparently a big deal in Australia where Pointsbet originates from

    Someone scored $600k week one Pats I believe @ $30k a point
    yeah heard about this on the simmons pod...

    so for arguments sake lets say the pats line is 21 this week...can I bet $100 point with a $100 stop?

    seems like a good way to fuck 'em...taking really little risk and if the game is a blowout I clean up...
    I assume the max win is equal to your max loss (ie stop). idk.

    It’s like any other market. I just didn’t know it existed in sports wagering.

    I am backlogged on Simmons. Can you point (pun) me to the pod?

    Pointsbet is so aggressive with bonuses, derivatives and now this. Fascinating book to me.

  6. #20706
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

    Didn’t even look but I KNOW unders are killing it. If you like unders the ref is your best friend today

    It’s like the new baseball. You never know when they will do the switcheroo but you ride the trend til it ends. They can’t keep this trash up... can they?

    So I don’t know about Cleveland in particular but that’s a lean if you’re blind betting NFL.
    Well, now I looked. Just a formality

    Unders 13-3 for week, 20-12 overall (62.5%)

    Sorry Daly, Browns and Under.

    It was a last minute autobet after seeing your post as you can see from the time stamp. The contrarian in me got kick started.

    Name:  8000ED47-7CDD-456A-94A6-CFB9A74476E0.jpeg
Views: 124
Size:  225.1 KB

     
    Comments
      
      varys:
      
      Daly: If you win em all you ain’t betting enough

  7. #20707
    The September baseball is “brain dead easy” stat of the day

    Favorites = or > -200 are 40-14

    Teams who give a shit vs teams that don’t

  8. #20708
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

    yeah heard about this on the simmons pod...

    so for arguments sake lets say the pats line is 21 this week...can I bet $100 point with a $100 stop?

    seems like a good way to fuck 'em...taking really little risk and if the game is a blowout I clean up...
    I assume the max win is equal to your max loss (ie stop). idk.

    It’s like any other market. I just didn’t know it existed in sports wagering.

    I am backlogged on Simmons. Can you point (pun) me to the pod?

    Pointsbet is so aggressive with bonuses, derivatives and now this. Fascinating book to me.
    yeah that makes sense...just seemed like cheap optionality otherwise...

    fuck, don't remember what pod he mentioned it on...want to say it was sometime in mid-august, but that doesn't really help...

    pointsbet seems tough...so you're basically betting that you're better than the market...im a sportsbetting fish so i'd get fucking hammered...if you have a nose for sniffing bullshit on the lines, I can definitely see it being a profitable endeavor if you pick your spots..

  9. #20709
    My habit has been to go to a Vegas sportsbook for first week of MLB playoffs. One of my favorite things in life.

    100% I’m going to New Jersey this time. I’ve heard too many favorable reports. I must make the pilgrimage at least once.

    The NJ gaming commission and lawmakers are very focused on the public and are very innovative. Must sample.

  10. #20710
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    My habit has been to go to a Vegas sportsbook for first week of MLB playoffs. One of my favorite things in life.

    100% I’m going to New Jersey this time. I’ve heard too many favorable reports. I must make the pilgrimage at least once.

    The NJ gaming commission and lawmakers are very focused on the public and are very innovative. Must sample.
    yeah but then you have to go to AC...and that's just the nut low...

    pack your Kevlar and AK...

  11. #20711
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    My habit has been to go to a Vegas sportsbook for first week of MLB playoffs. One of my favorite things in life.

    100% I’m going to New Jersey this time. I’ve heard too many favorable reports. I must make the pilgrimage at least once.

    The NJ gaming commission and lawmakers are very focused on the public and are very innovative. Must sample.
    yeah but then you have to go to AC...and that's just the nut low...

    pack your Kevlar and AK...
    Money heals all wounds

    There are some huge bonuses out there - we’ve discussed

    Here’s a 1st inn scratchpad for nostalgias sake

    5 minutes from now

    TABLET - MLB PROPS - WASHINGTON NATIONALS @ ST. LOUIS CARDINALS - SCORE IN 1ST INNING - NO -130

  12. #20712
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

    Here’s a 1st inn scratchpad for nostalgias sake

    5 minutes from now

    TABLET - MLB PROPS - WASHINGTON NATIONALS @ ST. LOUIS CARDINALS - SCORE IN 1ST INNING - NO -130
    W

    No runs & zero drama

    That’s not how I remember 1st inn lol

  13. #20713
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

    yeah but then you have to go to AC...and that's just the nut low...

    pack your Kevlar and AK...
    Money heals all wounds

    There are some huge bonuses out there - we’ve discussed

    Here’s a 1st inn scratchpad for nostalgias sake

    5 minutes from now

    TABLET - MLB PROPS - WASHINGTON NATIONALS @ ST. LOUIS CARDINALS - SCORE IN 1ST INNING - NO -130
    tru…

    if it didn't make my skin crawl going back to that dump i'd meet you down there for a bourbon and a cigar...

  14. #20714
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4621
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,163
    Blog Entries
    2
    Anyone want to take a shot at a dog over +400 today?

    Texas isn't a terrible team (74-78), has the 6th most runs scored out of the 15 AL teams, and Koby Allard has pitched okay, with the ability to pitch well when he's on.

    Gerrit Cole is the obvious reason for this line, but he's gone 8 innings the last 2 starts, and I'm wondering if he will either be tired or load-managed for this one. He has had double-digit Ks in the last 6 starts, which is also part of the reason for this line.

    Anyway, I'm going to gamble. This one has a better shot than when a team like Detroit or KC faces him.

    Texas (Allard) +425 at Houston (Cole)

    Also

    Cincinnati (Mahle) +150 at Cubs (Lester)

    Lester looks very worn out.

  15. #20715
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1521
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

    yeah heard about this on the simmons pod...

    so for arguments sake lets say the pats line is 21 this week...can I bet $100 point with a $100 stop?

    seems like a good way to fuck 'em...taking really little risk and if the game is a blowout I clean up...
    I assume the max win is equal to your max loss (ie stop). idk.

    It’s like any other market. I just didn’t know it existed in sports wagering.

    I am backlogged on Simmons. Can you point (pun) me to the pod?

    Pointsbet is so aggressive with bonuses, derivatives and now this. Fascinating book to me.

    What’s old is new again.

    We used to call them “fast cash” bets. Some locals would offer them but it was “the Greek.com” of emory serves that was the big online operator who offered these for 1-2 seasons.

    A few buddies solved for X on these types of bets back in the day. The general idea was to find a college game with a 30ish point spread and a high total and take the favorite. If the dog won it was usually a cover of no more than 10 points. Some times the favorite would win by a few and you win a few bucks. The underdog blowout “almost never” happened, if there was going to be a blowout it was going to be a team like USC annihilating some shitbag like Oregon St back in the day.

    Now I say “almost never” because a certain poster that we all know and love (not me) put in a huge fastcash bet on The U vs Mike Vick’s Va Tech as a moderate favorite. Va Tech won like 40-10. Guy had to ride the bus for a while.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: Storytime with Daly. More sir

  16. #20716
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4621
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,163
    Blog Entries
    2
    Was I right about Allard, or what? 4 2/3 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs so far.

    Unfortunately Cole is Cole, and it's locked 0-0.

  17. #20717
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4621
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,163
    Blog Entries
    2
    Of course a minute after I type this, he gives up a hit and then a HR.


  18. #20718
    Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Reputation
    244
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    965
    What do we think about the football game tomorrow night? I've been doing well betting unders so far. But 39.5? Seems low even for these teams.
    #ToddsPlan

  19. #20719
    I say hmmmmmmmm on this one...

    Name:  Capturebama.PNG
Views: 54
Size:  16.2 KB

    and this one too...

    Name:  Capturetheu.PNG
Views: 46
Size:  18.3 KB


     
    Comments
      
      Daly: I like the U too
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 09-18-2019 at 07:38 PM.

  20. #20720
    Platinum Krypt's Avatar
    Reputation
    374
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,001
    Has anyone here been to the Hollywood Casino sportsbook in WV? I’ve never physically gone to a sportsbook and want to go this weekend.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 16 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 15 guests)

  1. handicapme

Similar Threads

  1. Literally Flying Stupidity
    By FRANKRIZZO in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 04:17 PM
  2. flying stupidity is shitting the bed
    By mulva in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 05:02 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 10:35 PM
  4. Flying Car for Flying Stupidity
    By hotshott74 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 07:34 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 12:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •