Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greedy bastard Pokerstars announce increased rake

Greedy bastard Pokerstars announce increased rake

These fuckers are out of control now and it's absolutely sickening. They've announced several changes over the last few weeks that will increase their profit at the detriment of the players.

I think they've weighed up that the people who will kick up the biggest fuss over the recent changes are regs, and regs don't deposit, so their opinion doesn't matter much... Stars would happily see winning players that don't deposit fuckoff somewhere else..

Have a feeling there's plenty more to come too.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...anets-1485512/
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

They should keep moving the rake up to the point where they get rid of all the winning players. That is what I would do if I were running the site.

Lol nice work amaya.

Gotta make $ for shareholders now.

Regulation really sucks for players. Everyone was better off in the wild west of offshore (even yebsite)

Blog Entries
    What else can you say except Amaya is one dirty cunt and a greedy bitch.

Banned
    tough economy guys, plus you could always play on merge.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    They should keep moving the rake up to the point where they get rid of all the winning players. That is what I would do if I were running the site.

That's the part many regs don't understand. They scream that they've generated tens of thousands in rake, but without ever making regular deposits. And that's how a poker site makes its money - deposits

The regs just generate rake at a faster rate. But they also rape the fish at a faster rate than Stars would like...

The latest announcement is going to fuck over so many regs, and it's likely that the latest changes will make it impossible for many of them to beat the rake.

Interesting post from a Hyper-turbo reg who reckons he can prove that the new increased rake means some of the games are now 'impossible' to beat.

my email to stars
    dear pokerstars I would like to let you know that unless you reverse your decision and give guaranteed assurances that this will stick I am probably gone from your site for good.

I would like to say I am glad you have made your announcement now since it stops me wasting more time on pursuits that will literally and I do mean literally not probably be impossible.

in fact I am going to post maths below.

I would like to inform of my motives recently and am attaching the equivalent of 50 pages of calculations to prove i am not making spurious statements but I am been truly genuine.

i had been inspired when i noticed that some people were making 2% roi on hyper turbo satellites. when i heard someone playing 200 games in an hour I immediately saw the potential. for example if $74 game 200 games. 1% over 100 games= full $74 for 2% over 200 games multiply by 4 74*4=$296. not including rake back.

the very best player i have found online scrape 2% jorj95 who is famous for these games makes 2% at 74 he is the best of the best.

so lets do the math for $60 game as this is the nearest example you gave in your post to the $74 games i dreamed of beating.

we will start with jorja95 but have to bear in mind he is the worlds best for these so to assume i can match him is ambitious. at 2% since the change is now just making a profit.

with SNE RB still sounds attractive but
    1. jorj95 set a goal to be positive before rake back and achieved it I have found no other SNE player for these games who has positive ROI before rakeback. but lets assume I am break even as it currently stands which puts me level with world class standard for these games. i would now be losing 1.41 a game before RB. Super nova elite RB lets call it 60% i know you say 68% but with the changes for uk players vip program and the effective promise reduction in the vip program for 2016 60% is huge wishful thinking. i would go as far as to say delusional.

this would give me $2 rb approx allowing for 60cent a game profit sounds great remember that is for SNE. super nova calculation 30% 1.023 rb im losing 39c a game approx. again im sure you will argue more then 30% rb same reasoning why i use 30 as 60 but just for fun 1.41/3.41= 0.413.

do you offer 41.3% RB for Sns i doubt it. so to conclude to achieve my goals now I would need to to edge out tiny profits in the micros with huge swings and spend a long time doing this to play higher games where i know even been world class standard I will lose to the rake even after RB to hope to achieve supernova elite so i can make 60-120 an hour. which isnt a bad wage but realistically the game losses could only be part subsidised by micro winnings and $200,000 in rake to get there would put me in significant debt.

the goal is no longer feasible.

as for my aspirations as mentioned please find attached the numerous spreadsheets.

i have not sent everything but basically every blind up to 200 big blind and 10bb to 1bb for every position both shoving and calling.

what i have sent should give an idea if you doubt i have done the lot on request i can send more.

also have an icm spreadsheet can send on request.

its a lot to memorize does not take into account player actions. i was planing on using poker tracker to adapt to that i also have a spreadsheet which works out the total equity redistributed every time a player busts and what % you need to be when called if called 100% to be profitable and fold equity and a spreadsheet calculating probabilities of opponent ranges eg if I have A10 what is the probability that with X players behind me one of them has A10+/ 88+.

as you can see my decline in play time on your site was not due to giving up on your site but a monumental effort to try and make it big and sharpening the axe away from the table so to speak.

Would I have really achieved it? if i posted my intent on 2+2 with my previous results I would bet large amounts that i would be ridiculed. However my entire life I have been told I cant do well pretty much everything. and proven people wrong numerous times so I am never going to listen to anyone telling me that I cant do something unless that task can be proven literally impossible. I mean I am not psychotic I am not going to run of the balcony in an attempt of flight. but if something is possibly achievable i will never listen to any nay sayers. your changes make it literally impossible. attempting to make it in this area now would be as delusional as trying to fly.

would I have achieved it now this can only be speculated on what I can guarantee though is that I would have put a heck of a lot of volume in trying it. with my record for fixed limit i would of had effectively given me numerous funds to consistently try should i run bad or find my play needed adapting.

only after 10,000s to 100,000s of thousand games would i have called it a day.

its impossible i will wait until i get back to cash out my full bank roll to see if you reverse your decision.

I doubt you will I will also open the client at random intervals to ascertain players online to see if i need to cash out due to risks of your insolvency.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

That's the part many regs don't understand. They scream that they've generated tens of thousands in rake, but without ever making regular deposits. And that's how a poker site makes its money - deposits
    That's true, and there's no doubt that this move will be very profitable in the short term. What about the long run? I've always assumed that a big reason PokerStars has been so successful is their stellar reputation. Not just in terms of customer service, security, player rewards, etc. but also the perception that this company really cares about its players. That's the kind of feel-good branding you can't just buy with polished advertisements.

They seem to be throwing that away to squeeze out a little more profit. Maybe it will work out fine, but why risk it when you have such a good thing going?

Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

That's true, and there's no doubt that this move will be very profitable in the short term. What about the long run? I've always assumed that a big reason PokerStars has been so successful is their stellar reputation. Not just in terms of customer service, security, player rewards, etc. but also the perception that this company really cares about its players. That's the kind of feel-good branding you can't just buy with polished advertisements.

They seem to be throwing that away to squeeze out a little more profit. Maybe it will work out fine, but why risk it when you have such a good thing going?

Maybe they don't plan on staying around for the long run?

Maybe they're gonna squeeze the maximum from its player pool for the next 2 years then sell it on to an unwitting buyer for a fat profit.

The killer is them having the monopoly allowing them to pull this shit.

And people are screaming for a competitor to get its shit together to rival Stars... That's like asking a corner shop to try rival Wal-Mart. Ain't gonna happen any time soon.

*giggling*
    They are not greedy, it's smart business, especially with no real competitors. I giggle at all the regs threatening to boycott the ps, have fun on 888 and party with all the software glitches.

Regs boycott and play somewhere else - good for Pokerstars

Regs stay and suck up the hike in rake - good for Pokerstars

good news for NoFraud online poker room

Maybe they don't plan on staying around for the long run?

Maybe they're gonna squeeze the maximum from its player pool for the next 2 years then sell it on to an unwitting buyer for a fat profit.
    Good point. Damn, that would be sad.

I can actually believe this. And the only way to challenge it would be for a group of high profile pro's setting up a new site that might attract recreational players - and go from there... Similar to the old Full Tilt model. But obviously without Bitar/Lederer steering the ship.

I'm a professional player, but I'm also on the industry side. In a recent meeting with several different sites/people (from several of the largest poker brands) they have flat out stated that the days of the online poker pro are over, and it is flat out hurting their bottom line. Some of you think that they will be sad to see you go, but the fact is, they are literally trying to find a way to get some of you winning players off of the site. They know that there are some players who will always beat or try to beat the games, but they are doing everything in their power without flat out kicking off pros to make it more of an even playing field. Doing things like having faster blind structures, smaller starting stacks etc. give the average player a shot to beat pros more frequently. The fact that they are now increasing the rake isn't going to effect or even be noticed by the random person looking to have fun, but it will deter some pros, and in the end, that's their true goal. Not a brag, but last year I made over $200k in profit on ipoker, ftp, and stars combined, and after this year I honestly am probably going to move on with my life. "You're welcome PokerStars"

*giggling*
    Lord, that is ridiculous

Fuck the regs

"Regs" is not a dirty word.

It's not like all these changes to generate more money is in anyway going to give the fish a better deal.

This hurts absolutely everybody - except Pokerstars

Typical corporate pigs with a jew ceo , why would we expect anything else?
    Last edited by big dick; 10-30-2014 at 02:04 AM.

the rake hike may have something to do with the ever increasing cost of living and cost of doing business? it is always funny when people who have no idea in what it takes to successfully run a business. chime in and call them greedy when they are probably taking steps to prevent the company from beaming non profit which will never work in the long run, companies are in business for profit and not to keep the REG'S cupboards stuffed with twinkies and dingdongs. the player pool is getting smaller and smaller because the reg's are taking the fishes money to fast and piling on them like lions on a lamb, this is just no fun for any body and just a money grab by the pro's so fuck em good to see them go IMO.
    I am sure there is more to come to get rid of the pro's

Comments

Muck Ficon: Go read some comic books faggot

1marley1: geek
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    the rake hike may have something to do with the ever increasing cost of living and cost of doing business? it is always funny when people who have no idea in what it takes to successfully run a business. chime in and call them greedy when they are probably taking steps to prevent the company from beaming non profit which will never work in the long run, companies are in business for profit and not to keep the REG'S cupboards stuffed with twinkies and dingdongs. the player pool is getting smaller and smaller because the reg's are taking the fishes money to fast and piling on them like lions on a lamb, this is just no fun for any body and just a money grab by the pro's so fuck em good to see them go IMO.
    It's the new owners wanting to recoup their investment quicker. In business cost increases are a very common/obvious practice and a necessity many times to survive cost of living increases (don't completely apply here though) but the way the Amaya era of Pokerstars is going about it is wrong.

The key is to increase certain things very slowly so your clientele don't get as pissed off. Stars is coming at it with cutbacks and rake increases across the board which some of them are for huge percentages compared to now.

Whenever a company increases prices all at once like Pokerstars is wanting to do their rake it will create a lot of public outcry.

In poker the money of course trickles up so whenever you rake rape those micro players out of pennies per hand/tournament it hurts the poker economy big time preventing them from moving up quicker. With the games getting tougher and tougher everyday this just crushes the overall profit bottom line for the players.

Some claim this gets rid of regs but those regs make the site a ton of money too by starting and keeping games running. Sure they cashout but they continue to play paying their fair share of rake. If all the 20 tabling regs leave you can bet a lot less tables will be running which is less rake for Stars in that aspect so they need to find a better balance.

My guess is Pokerstars sent one of it's goons over to 2+2 to post these new rake structure increases to hear the feedback and get everyone all riled up but will find a way to settle somewhere in the middle which is what Stars really had a plan for all along. I think Amaya clearly is greedy but they can't be completely stupid not to see what Pokerstars has done over the years whenever they have made changes that makes the poker community more accepting to them.

Lets not forget an online poker site also runs on auto pilot for the most part so the overhead is low as far as that goes. Pokerstars still has had some increases as far as all the new licensing they have to acquire, various advertising,etc... but some of these rake increases are just too damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

WTF?

Do you think Amaya paid almost $5 Billion for a company that's bordering on break even?

No, they paid so much because it gives them ownership of a huge cash cow. The brand that is Pokerstars has raked in hundreds of millions of dollars each year for the best part of a decade now...... These fuckers are not trimming off a bit of fat here... they're trying to take the winning players out of the equation so that they can keep a much larger percentage of the deposit money for themselves. Like above and beyond and over the fucking hill.

this is bad for everybody. Not just winning players, but absolutely fucking everybody. Some of their games are now impossible to beat with the increased rake.

And it's Pokerstars that created these mass tabling grinders with their huge carrot & stick VIP program.

Also if Stars wants to protect the fish from getting hunted down... then they should find a way to remove huds, scripts and all the other devises that help carve these fish up in double quick time.

Thread Information